TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Doctor Who/Torchwood

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESKitt700 29 12-30-13  3:36 pm
Archive through August 21, 2014Kitt25 08-21-14  10:44 am
Archive through September 14, 2014Kitt25 09-14-14  4:23 pm
Archive through December 27, 2014Sanfranjoshfan25 12-27-14  4:00 pm
Archive through August 21, 2015Sugar25 08-21-15  10:26 am
Archive through January 22, 2016Kitt25 01-22-16  3:11 pm
Archive through September 08, 2017Kitt25 09-08-17  10:36 am
Archive through December 20, 2018Sanfranjoshfan25 12-20-18  5:34 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sacrilege!

Kitt s David Tennant.

Kitt only 's Jodie Whitaker.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 21, 2018 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have the whole season ready to binge, so I’ll let you know. 😁

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm not attacking angry mob style, Sanfran, lol. I loved David Tennant as the Doctor and I will cling to the 10th doctor being my favorite for all time.

I'm only half an hour into the first episode of Whitaker's first season and I really like her as the doctor so far. Not exactly an informed decision, but I knew I loved Tennant by the end of his first episode and I'm feeling that same excitement and happy feelings with her now. It took me longer to warm up to Smith and Capaldi.

I will say I was pretty excited by Whitaker's casting because while all the actors bring something new and different to the character, a female doctor is even more different and it's about time. I was even more excited because my 11 year old niece who is a huge Doctor Who fan was absolutely thrilled to hear the new doctor is a girl.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think the 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi, is my favorite to date but I love ALL the doctors. There is something in each one that I love. Jodi's portrayal is refreshing and I love that she has three companions and that one is a man of a "certain age".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Seems like forever but:

Season 12 of the sci-fi series will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 1 at 8/7c, BBC America announced Monday.

After kicking off the season with a two-part episode, Doctor Who will then settle into its regular time slot on Sunday, Jan. 5 at 8/7c.

https://tvline.com/2019/12/02/doctor-who-season-12-premiere-date-jodie-whittaker/

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
What? No special Xmas Day episode???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New Year's Day though... next best thing :-)

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, December 03, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Peter Capaldi...sigh

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's an episode on Boxing Day, it's an animated version of a miniseries from 1967 with Patrick Troughton! Here's a wiki page on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Macra_Terror

I don't know if they aired it back in March, but if so I missed it.

It airs Thursday Dec 26th at 6pm PT.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Few spoilers for season finale...

I’m not sure how I feel about the revelation about the Doctor’s true origin (if it is true). Not because I don’t like the idea, just that it could really complicate storylines. They’re already confusing enough as it is.

I still don’t understand how the version of the Doctor who (whoops) helped Thirteen in the matrix had a police box Tardis. Or what happened to the Missy version of the Master. Did she regenerate and I missed that?

I remember Six was (falsely) accused of genocide during his trial and that’s what first occurred to me when Thirteen was thrown in prison by the Rhino police (whatever they’re called). Was she arrested for genocide of the Cyber-Time Lords? (I’m assuming the Master somehow escaped the detonation of the Death Particle.) But then I thought, the Doctor had (sort of) wiped out the Time Lords & Daleks in the Time War and he wasn’t arrested for such a crime then so...I don’t know. I can’t really remember what happened in the epi when she first met alternate (matrix) Doctor.

I do know I had other questions & thoughts but don’t recall them now.

Gosh help me I’m going to try to watch Dispatches from Elsewhere now. I suspect my brain will hate me.

P. S. Missed Jack.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The rhino police are the Jadoon.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, March 02, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Roteach. I thought it was something like that.

A couple of the thoughts I’d forgotten last night:

- It seemed to gloss over how the Gallifrey explorer studied the Timeless Child’s regeneration ability. I sorta remember Ten’s extra arm glowing with energy so it may have been possible to “just” study tissue samples. But they showed multiple versions of the child. Was the kid terribly accident-prone or sickly? If not, there’s a fairly chilling & brutal implication of what the explorer did. Please tell me I missed something.

- The Master mentioned preserving the Time Lords ‘ (this site doesn’t like plural possessives, I guess) bodies by keeping them cold. But were they “dead” dead? How would regeneration energy work then? And is this another, different way Cybermen are converted/engineered? (Seems like there are multiple ways - sometimes just using a human brain, sometimes a human/humanoid body...)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 02, 2020 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched a few episodes over the years but for some reason (mostly lack of awareness of when it's on) I've never been a regular viewer. I have liked what I've seen and some episodes I've seen were brilliant.

Anyway, I haven't been watching this season. I'm not trying to stir up controversy but what is the issue with this season? Apparently some viewers are very unhappy with it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 02, 2020 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen last night's show yet, so can't comment on that, but to Jimmer's question..

People say the writing this season hasn't been good. I think it's been slowly deteriorating since Russell T Davies left in 2011. He has such a talent to write interesting stories with so much heart and emotion, now they're mostly more like caper of the week. Sometimes there is a magic there, but usually it's kind of been background tv.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I don't know what they are complaining about, but for myself there have been times where I'm quite lost with what the hell is happening! I will admit that the kids have taken to watching it with me and sometimes there is a lot of pausing as they ask questions, but I do find myself saying huh? at least once an ep. And sometimes think they are just trying to be too clever. She does talk fast and has verbal diarrhea at times.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 03, 2020 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BBC America are airing an animated version of a 1967 Doctor Who story where the original (recorded) episodes were lost.

Starts Wednesday at 8pm on BBC America.

https://www.gallifreyannewsroom.com/?p=10173

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New season of Doctor Who starts TODAY!

Live worldwide premiere starts in 10 mins (11.25 PT) and is repeated at 8pm ET.

The premiere looks like it includes all sort of aliens from previous shows.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm going to see if I can watch this season. I keep losing track of when it starts and when it's on for some reason.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ncuti's costume revealed, see link:

https://tvline.com/2022/12/17/doctor-who-costume-photos-ncuti-gatwa/

From reading that, it sounds like Doctor Who will be on Disney+ from now on, not BBCAmerica. And nothing (not Tennant nor Gatwa) until November 2023.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The three Doctor Who specials (with David Tennant and Catherine Tate) will air on Disney+ (only) on Sat Nov 25th, Sat Dec 2nd, Sat Dec 9th.

The new series with Ncuti Gatwa will air "in 2024," so there will be no Christmas or New Year episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The first of the specials is available on Disney+. It's well worth watching, bit of a light hearted one compared to some.

Pretty sure these three episodes will confirm David Tennant is the best Doctor ever, if there were any doubt :-).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the specials, they were kind of old school. And I loved the ending (or not?!) for David Tennant's Doctor, he's always seemed like the one who didn't want to go.

Looking forward to more Ncuti at Christmas (I was wrong above when I said no Christmas episode). I hope he finds some pants!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: