TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through February 10, 2024 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm saving them up to binge...next Friday is ep 8, the finale.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, I should have known :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Of course, I may not get to it right away...homophobia as a theme in tv shows or movies is not exactly entertaining, especially after having lived most of my life seeing it firsthand. I'll watch it someday when I'm in the mood for it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I worried about that for you, and especially what appears to be coming up in the last episode. But when you are in the mood for it there's a touching and thoughtful story throughout it all.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No need to worry about me, Kitt. :-) I survived the IRL stuff. and with TV/movies I can choose what day I start a sad TV show or movie....they're so much easier to take than all the tragic IRL surprises that can pop up without any warning.

Kitt, I thought you posted that there is no Doctor Who Christmas Day episode this year, just those three special episodes, today's being the third. However, I looked up today's show at IMDB and there appears to be a Dec 25 Xmas episode after all!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28289422/?ref_=ttep_eps_nxt

4 new WHO's within about 4 weeks.....Xmas has already started!
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
That second ep (that aired last Saturday) was a doozy with Donna and Doctor Who running around with giant arms...chasing Donna and Doctor Who! lol

Btw, did you find any decent Supernatural ornaments yet?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, you could, if you wanted, actually smell and taste Supernatural!

"How?", you ask?

Go to Amazon and search for:
Supernatural: The Official Cookbook

(Read the comments at the bottom...(they sound like your kind of people. Supernaturalites) :-)

A cookbook that shows you how to make all the foods they ate on the show (I got hungry every time Dean devoured a delicious looking juicy diner cheeseburger). The cookbook even has Garth's Roadside Potatoes!

Oh yeah....and PIE!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm glad. I couldn't help but think of you with this as I'm sure you weren't actually too far away in San Francisco in the real life version of what they're depicting in the later episodes.

I didn't know there was a Christmas Doctor Who! Oh and with the new Doctor, I thought he didn't appear until 2024, so I guess I just assumed there wouldn't be a Christmas episode. I'm excited for him, not that it wasn't lovely to see my favourite doctor again... I haven't seen today's episode yet, but last time he transformed to the next doctor I cried for hours, it was so emotional!

Yes, those long arms, one thing I like about the show (when it isn't too dark) is just how silly some of it is. Reminds me of English tv, which or course it would ;).

Those roadhouse potatoes look good, but I'd have to skip all the meats and add some veggies as I'm vegetarian (shhh, don't tell Dean!). Maybe the heavenly pancakes would be more my thing :-).

And nope, no Supe Christmas Ornaments. I've given up for now. You never know, maybe they'll be an anniversary something one day. There's another Supe convention this weekend, this time in Nashville. Lots of short clips on youtube, longer ones soon I'd guess. They had a tornado warning and had to all shelter in the underground garage for an hour or so. All those sad people missing out on their photo hugs with the boys!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was hoping for something special on today's Doctor Who...but it was TWICE as special as I ever could've expected! One of my favorite actors showed up and stole the show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 10, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I heard Neil Patrick Harris is in it, so I think that might be who you're referring to. Hopefully I will watch today!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You will not believe what's trending on twitter! It's

#WincestJ2FluffFest2023

Not some event, but they're just posting pictures of Jared and Jensen hugging or their general touchy feeliness or Jensen's loving looks! Made my day!

Wish I could transfer some examples here, there are too many good ones. But I'm pulling this photo over to just show how long Jensen's hair is now!

j2
https://twitter.com/tltm78/status/1736926277506924772

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Cool pic, Kitt. I think Jensen looks great with that beautiful head of hair.

Btw, if you're interested, there's an Official 90+ page Supernatural coloring book at Amazon. The book is called "Supernatural: The Official Coloring Book Paperback – Coloring Book, September 20, 2016"

I assume you're way too busy to sit around coloring, but who knows? It might be kind of Zen on a hectic day!

Besides, I see Supernatural items, I think of you.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-) I don't think I would ever do it although it would be quite relaxing I'm sure. It's funny, I've been going through old books to get rid of, in prep for our move. I have quite a few glossy books on the Star Trek shows, X-Files and a couple of other shows. Now it seems weird to buy a book of basically pretty pictures and I thought, should I get rid of these?! The answer is of course no ;).

But glossy books don't seem to be a thing now there's the internet. There are lots of Supernatural novels, "lore" kind of books, but not the behind the scenes, "making of" with shiny pictures books. Shame really, as those boys would make some pretty pictures. Have to hope the photos on the internet never go away!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
supeny
https://www.facebook.com/gifs4spn/posts/happy-new-year-spn-fam/2593079810745481/

Have a good one!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When was this pic taken? I'm wondering if Ackles got a shave and a haircut...

Btw, Happy 2024!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's a set of pictures from a photoshoot about five years ago with Misha in that gold suit, so I think it was from that. And someone on facebook put in the background.

I don't know about Jensen, but I saw Walker has started filming again, so Jared would have had a cut and a trim!

Actually I think Jensen and Misha start 2024 unemployed, at least in terms of acting, I haven't heard about any projects relating to them, unless Soldier Boy is back on The Boys later this year. The Boys is getting more Supe people though, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Rob Benedict are confirmed to be guests stars next season (along with Jim Beaver).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dh and I are watching Supernatural, and I've recognised lots of faces from Supernatural.

The biggest ones so far are vampire Benny played one of the higher up military guys, and is in a lot of the early episodes with a reasonably sized role.

Then today we saw the first episode with Simon, and he is played by the Alpha Vampire.

I knew Crowley played a lawyer in BSG, and of course Tahmoh was Gadreal and Helo, so thought I'd see if I could find more, and there's a page of them:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/Weren%27t_You_On_Battlestar_Galactica%3F

The biggest suprise is Billy on BSG (the President's young assistant) played Don Richardson on Supe. That's the back-from-the-dead soldier husband of the woman Sam lived with for a while when Dean was gone. I'm so surprised I didn't recognise him, as it's really obvious when you see him (photo at the link).

The joys of filming in Vancouver I guess!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Dh and I are watching Supernatural, and I've recognised lots of faces from Supernatural."

Can I assume you meant: "watching BSG" instead of "watching Supernatural"? If not, my response is "Duh!". :-)

Btw, I recently watched season 2 of "The Tourist"...and it put "The Magicians" back into in my brain and it's still there!

There's a scene with the good guy who's in a truck with some bad guys. The bad guys turn on the radio and they're they're bouncing their heads and shoulders to the music, which is the song, "Don't Get Me Wrong". Oh yeah...and the good guy's name is "Elliot".

Now when I hear that song (which happened to pop up in another show I watched a day or so later!) it makes me thing of two Eliots, one on The Magicians and also Jamie Dornan...and also a certain British tax lady I know. :-)

ETA - You should watch seasons 1-2 of "The Tourist" if you haven't already...it's really good, and of course...Jamie Dornan. (easy watch - each season has just 6 eps.)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The biggest ones so far are vampire Benny played one of the higher up military guys, and is in a lot of the early episodes with a reasonably sized role. "

Every time I see that actor, I remember him as "Snow Plow Guy" on "Men in Trees".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, BSG!! See, Supe is always on my mind .

I didn't know The Tourist Season 2 was out yet, I'll have to find it. I enjoyed S1. Yes, Jamie Dornan is definitely an easy watch :-).

I was hooked on "Don't Get Me Wrong" with (the real) Elliot for a while after finishing the Magicians, then didn't think of it until about a week ago, when it suddenly got in my head again, and I've watched that youtube of it a few times since. Love me some swirly Elliot.

"and also a certain British tax lady I know"
You mean ex tax lady , I'm giving it all up for a life of leisure... once we get through the nightmare move that is . But it is nice that I've wheedled my way into your brain ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But it is nice that I've wheedled my way into your brain ;)."

Well, to be honest, Jamie Dornan is ahead of you on my brain-wheedled list.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well that is definitely reasonable ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
oops. Never mind....

Netflix releases s02 on Feb 20.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I will have to wait :-).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Misha made his son a chess set, including the pieces, he's really good at it!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tuiFn4iBv9k (45 seconds long)

On twitter, the caption says "Making this chess set for my son's Christmas present only took 3 calendar months, but it aged me 20 years" and in the clip this is him at the start (left), and then him at the end (right)!!
m before m after

I know he once built his house, so should have expected his skill.
m chess

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ruth Connell and Rob Benedict have had their little archangel(?). It's a girl, named Margaret.