TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: Archive through July 27, 2023 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten she worked on his campaign she was very critical of him picking Palin and did not think he did enough for Hispanics. So it’s been 15 yrs since she’s voted Republican. I think in order to *BE a Republican, you need to vote for a Republican.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, since votes are private, you really don't know if she has voted for a Republican. In fact, she may well be voting for Republicans in other races, like Senate, House, state races, etc.

She supported Jeb Bush in 2016 (for President) until he dropped out. She just saw Trump for the huckster he is.

Heck, Trump was a Democrat, then an independent until he ran for President. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The ladies have started their break. Last year they left Aug 6 and came back the day after Labor Day, Sept 7.

This year they left Aug 5 and my guess is they will be back Sept 6.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It was a fun show today between Kevin Bacon and the behind-the-scenes look at their early mornings.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ruben and Clay were on The View today and they said they will be on the finale of AI this season because it will be 20 years to the day they were were winner and runner on their season 2 finale.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that will be fun to see! Odd though that they didn’t do anything with Kelly last year but that may be due to her having other commitments.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Remember Kelly was an ass to Clay before. So that may be why…

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
When was Kelly an "ass" to Clay?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only Kelly I remember being an ass to Clay was Kelly Ripa. I'm pretty sure Jimmer is talking about Kelly Clarkson.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok, that's what I thought Naja. That's what I was thinking, too, because I don't believe Kelly Rippa has anything to do with AI. Thank you!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I meant Kelly Clarkson (who to the best of my knowledge isn't known as being an ass to anyone).

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LMAO Jimmer, RIGHT??!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The only one Clarkson was an ass to was herself. She really revealed TMI about her divorce. It is hard to see her with out thinking about it. I wish her lawyer shielded details in filings. It seems like some information about famous people don't get out. Her ex is so vile. But it should have been obvious when he hit on some fans at her concert.

As far as the other Kelly who is greatly loved by so many, her problem is she wanted her husband on the show to cohost. Later she tried to get her husband to take over when Regis left.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I never heard any details about her divorce, other than she was blindsided and had to pay him a bundle.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was a sex thing. No way she should of been blindsided, she met him when he was married and he was cheating. There was a story he was spiking her drinks with Cocaine so she would lose weight, but it was a fan who said it, so who knows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Barbara Walters passed away yesterday. She was an amazing woman. RIP

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Sad to hear about Barbara. She's been at the forefront of news during second half of the 20th century. I imagine she wasn't in the best of health since her retirement since we rarely saw her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Quite awhile back, the report was that she had dementia. So I don't think she made appearances after that started.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I saw her when I worked for Newsweek when she came in for a dinner for the VP debate in 2008. She came in with Charlie Rose and I couldn't believe how old and feeble they both were. They come across on TV as vibrant and energetic but they were hobbling in.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I remember in the fall of 1976 (I'm old) when she took over the ABC news anchor job. It was a really big deal that she was the first woman to ever anchor the evening news on American TV. I always thought it was kind of incredible that she rose as high as she did with her speech impediment. RIP, Barbara (or "Baba Wawa," as Gilda Radner called her).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The View was such a great morning show when she was involved, I wish it would go back to what Barbara invisioned. RIP.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I never picked up on Barbara Walters having a speech impairment. That was just the way she spoke in my mind. I find it funny when she told The NY Times she shouldn’t have named Barbara Walters…but instead named Diane Sawyer. 😀

I also look forward to the day it’s not seen as an accomplishment for someone to rise that high who has a speech impairment/disability.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I realize how important Barbara Walters was to women breaking through the glass ceiling and walls in news. However, I never really cared much for her style of interviewing. Not sure what it was, just didn’t care for her. However, I really enjoyed Diane Sawyer interviews.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I called my best friend today and asked her what I remembered today on Barbara's passing. She couldnt remember. We were both in DC for the Carter innauguration, we went to the Georgia Inaugural ball on a lark but we had spent the day watching TV of the inauguration.

Harry Reasoner was vicious, I remember at one point Barbara made a comment about Rosalyn Carter and Harry slaugtered her. We were both stunned but honestly at the time, we found it hilarious, every insult, demeaning comment we laughed. We saw it as entertainment.

Looking back at it now, we think differently.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't remember Rachel Lindsay from Bachelor and I never saw her season of Bachelorette, but I'm glad I missed it. After seeing her today as guest co-host, I just can't stand her at all. Her personality is quite annoying.