TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through May 02, 2023 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Freddie was awesome. As always.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ditto. Freddie nails his character AND has to do everything with an American accent (he's British). We have an ASD son, so hubby and I often chuckle at Shaun's comments/behaviors. We can relate! (Plus he tugs at my heart for the same reason.)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What is going on with this show? I know it takes place in California, but isn’t it Northern California? And does anywhere in California get that hot in November? And in a heat wave, don’t people wear sleeveless and lightweight clothing? Three women wore silky long sleeved shirts (who would wear that fabric on a sweaty day?)
Shaun turning mean as opposed to being autistic really bugged me. And two doctors have the time to drive around looking for an elderly patient??

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Why cant an autistic person be mean too? sure we love the adorable Shaun and totally ok to be bugged if he shows a mean side, but i find it very ableist to put "as opposed to being autistic".

Not sure about San Jose in November but goggling shows it had the highest temperature at 109°F just this past September 6, and usually has at least 16 days over 90 degrees from April through October on any given year. But more to the point, this was the show's 100th episode which is why they had the heat wave and the 100th birthday etc...

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I know that Northern California gets hot, super hot. I watch this show for entertainment, and don't analyze things too closely, or I wouldn't enjoy any of my shows.

Also I agree with what Legal said, are autistic people never mean?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer, my son is autistic so of course I know they can be mean. But it seems out of Shaun’s character.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I get it’s out of Shaun’s character but that still doesn’t explain the “as opposed to being autistic”.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think he was being mean, just honest. Brutally and insensitively honest.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely agree, Sadiesmom. I think Shaun's personality can be abrasive, cause he doesn't sugar coat his feelings. I thought it was really interesting that a lot of the problem stemmed from the fact that he didn't like the other doctor's hand lotion. When she changed her hand lotion, things were fine. My ASD son is also very sensitive to tastes, textures and smells.

I don't think Shaun meant to be mean. He's just brutally honest.

Oh, and I live in Northern California and was actually born in San Jose. We did have an exceptionally hot summer, which extended well into September. But it isn't usual to have temps over 100* in November.

But just because we saw the show in November doesn't mean the timeline of the episode took place in November. Nobody talked about Thanksgiving or anything, so it could have been September for all we know.

Hubby and I do make comments all the time about "that's not in San Jose" or "that's not what San Jose looks like," cause we all know this show (and many others) is filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Last night was one of the best spin off pilot episodes i have ever seen on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed how they were able to make it so seemless with the Good Doctor.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
. I HOPE IT GOES WELL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
was that a spin off? It certainly did not seem like a regular show.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I would watch the spin off. She has a totally different problem from Sean, but has a mentor who challenges her. And tons of interesting cases to be found.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Plus i am so happy the actress has OCD herself, which is something many in the disability advocacy world will be thrilled about (i still believe an actor should be able to be an actor in any role, but that doesnt mean I dont also support putting actors with the same disability (or race or ethnicity) in the role in question. I think the new series Accused is a great representation of how powerful it is to have people with knowledge of the characteristics involved - in Accused the creator made sure the directors of each episode were directly linked to the theme of the episode so they could really make it as real as possible - like Marlee Matlin directing the episode of the deaf woman and Billy Porter directing the episode with the drag queen/teacher)

I just wish we didnt have to wait until the fall for the The Good Lawyer to officially premiere....

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wait. There’s going to be a spin off??

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
yup by the same showrunners...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Legal, thanks for that info, it makes all the more heartwarming to me. It was a great show. And yes, I'd watch that spinoff!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the ep. Looking forward to the spinoff. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had no idea about a spinoff, but I will be here for that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And it was a good episode.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I had a problem with the squeak in the chair, why would the prosecutor stop using it. it stopped the lawyer in her tracks, she froze. Random noises could happen any time, without a way to unfreeze her, it seems like crisis could happen any time. It was not a workable problem. The fact mentor lawyer was found in contempt, why was she not throw out of the court room after she attacked another lawyer. It just did not seem reasonable solution. That seemed like a tv show solution.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
yea, the chair squeek problem was a made for TV issue. Still, I would watch the Good Lawyer.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally recognized the episode as being a spinoff. It was just too similar a storyline to the Good Doctor, with the person overcoming a disability who has a mentor who's known her since she was a child. I love Felicity Huffman (I'm currently bingeing Desperate Housewives), and even the title of the episode (The Good Lawyer) suggested a spinoff. Looking forward to the Fall (for more than one reason: we live in California and I'm not looking foward to another hot, dry summer -- ugh!!!).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Apparently I did not start watching the Good Doctor till about the 4th season. There are 6 now. I started watching the beginning on Hulu. It was always good. I've watched the first 4 so far.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
THE BABY EPISODE LAST NIGHT WAS GREAT...LAST OF THIS SEASON.