TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Bold and the Beautiful: Archive through October 06, 2023 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah. I wonder when the shows will run out (because of the writers' strike). Seems like we've had more weeks than they predicted.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, just looked it up, they're not stopping, they're exempt...

So, why are soap operas exempt?

Deadline reports that the soaps are written “largely by financial core (fi-core) writers, who have resigned their WGA membership while benefiting from the guild’s contracts with the studios. Others, such as producers, assistants and executives, also are involved in writing in some cases.”

Days of Our Lives head writer Ron Carlivati is on strike and told Vulture last month, “The shows don’t stop. They replaced us in 2007 when I worked at One Life to Live, and I can only assume they’re replacing us right now. I’m being replaced on day one by other people.”

And what about the actors?

Actors who work on soap operas are hired under something called the “Network Code” that is a different agreement than the bargaining agreement that covers other film and TV stars. The current Code agreement is good until July 2024 and the actors who are covered by it are able to continue working until then.

https://www.justjared.com/2023/06/16/heres-why-soap-operas-are-still-making-new-episodes-despite-writers-strike-possible-actors-strike/

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Good! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Liam has always been hypocritical and wishy washy but he hasn't been such a complete ahole before now. Good on Hope for finally casting him to the curb.

I wonder what they're going to do with Thomas, whether they intend him to go psycho again. His reactions to what's going on with Hope have been pretty non existent, he just sits/lays/stands there looking blank.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed the meaner they want Hope seem, the more black eyeliner they put on her.

I can't even imagine how they will proceed with Hope and Thomas. Surely is won't be smooth sailing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I paid more attention to the screen today and you're right, the eyes are darker than ever!

Looks like they're going to have Finn want to see more of Sheila, which will have Steffy at odds with him, and she'll run straight back to Liam.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG. I can't believe it. Today was nuts!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not surprising, the little I saw of the whole confession screamed entrapment, LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When Ridge and Bill were at those screens they had an FBI guy there, in an FBI jacket... I guess Bill just paid him???!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I missed why it wasn't legit.

But I have a bold prediction. I think Liam is going to murder someone. Either Finn or Sheila.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That is bold :-) :-). I don't know about murder, but maybe he overreacts and shoves Finn over that balcony or something.

At the very least I think he's going to have some sort of mental breakdown. He's just so obsessive! They have to be going somewhere with this storyline.

Ah oh, just watching the end now, Finn and Kelly at the beach! Steffy's going to believe Liam...

Nana731

07-06-2005

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana731 a private message Print Post    
Watching Finn confronting Liam today! You can almost see Sheila in Finn's eyes. They were so dark and scary!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that as well. Crazy runs in the family!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 16, 2023 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice how the Big Brother houseguest "Hisam" looks and talks like Finn?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 17, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This week I had my first "actress that plays Taylor" sightings. I saw her twice in small guest parts on sitcoms. Season 1, ep 6, on "2.5 Men" in 2003. And Season 7, ep 11, of "Rules of Engagement" from 2013.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just caught up after being away. Liam is just unbearable. And Thomas still has no personality!

Hope needs to ask Liam what exactly is she meant to work her way back to. He's refused to forgive her despite worse transgressions himself, and clearly wants to be with Steffy instead, so what exactly is he suggesting she do?

I think Hisam is the spitting image of Brendan, the BB guy who married(?) the loud red headed girl. But I don't see Finn there. I'll listen for his voice next time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's already been a few episodes, but I can't believe Steffy finally cut off all that hair.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Or removed the extensions... I think she's made quick hair changes before.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They reran the Big Brother episode today. The fashion show episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think they're suggesting Eric has dementia, as well as whatever is causing his tremor? I'm not sure if his concerns that Ridge is pushing him out make sense or not, seems like he has legitimate concerns based on Ridge's ego, but at the same time it's come out of nowhere from the viewer's side.

A week or so ago they had him forgetting Hayes' name, and they're certainly treating him with kid gloves, but I wonder where they are going.

Also no doubt this new girl, Lula, is going to be up to something.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ohhh, Lulu did have a mischievous look on her face!

I did think dementia at first, but when Donna mentioned Tremors, I though maybe Parkinson's?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Parkinson's too. It would create the urgency he has to do this one last line, and would be an acting challenge on his way out, if the Eric actor wanted to leave in a dramatic storyline.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Taylor the BB winner was back today. She even had lines.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I recognised her, took me a while but I did!

I was hoping we'd find out what was wrong with Eric, but I guess the doc came round to say nothing. The ending looked bad too!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So Luna's mum is Li's (Finn's adopted-mum's) sister, is that right?

So why would they be so desperate to keep it secret? Wouldn't they be happy to have Finn's cousin as an intern? Must be some drama somewhere.