TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through September 26, 2023 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Jury Duty fans here.
We enjoyed it and have recommended it to several people and so far they have all enjoyed it as well.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I gave up after one episode of Jury Duty but maybe I will give it another chance.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I binged jury duty this morning. The last episode definitely was my favorite, after the fact. “Well, I’m in discovery phase!”

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's an easy series to binge because the episodes are only 30 minutes long. I watched the entire series in one afternoon.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching The Gryphon (German with English dubbing and subtitles). It's just a tad like Stranger Things, if I had to compare it to something. Father that fought monsters, then its passed down to eldest and younger son. Set in the 90s

The three misfits Mark, Memo and Becky discover a fantastic world called The Black Tower where the Gryphon, a world-devouring monster, mercilessly subjugates all living creatures. And Mark is the only one who can defeat it

I'm enjoying it so far. All the series I liked like Stranger Things and Locke and Key have ended. This is pretty good, although not at same level

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The Duggar docuseries gives us the horrific truth and even more. Four episodes….disturbing moments….but no shock for those who know the realities of these kinds of extreme Christian cults.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Legalboxer. This is the first I'm hearing of it. I have to see it for sure. The Duggars have been on my mind lately because my new tenant looks like one of the daughters. So much so that I looked up their photos to know for sure. I thought maybe one was trying to escape.haha

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Naja.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At least, the girls are now saying that they were in a cult, not following a religious organization. Glad they got out.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched Air last night with Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Justin Batemen. It's the story about how Nike, who at the time wasn't big into sports - their shoes were more for running - competed against Adidas and Converse to sign a young BB player named Michael Jordan.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Air is just fantastic. Storyline and perfect 80s soundtrack throughout. Loved Viola Davis as always - and that they didn’t show Michael’s face. Fun fact, Jordan specifically asked Affleck to cast Davis as his mom, when Affleck met with him for his “blessing”.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Air is a wonderful film. You don't need to be a basketball fan. My elderly mother enjoyed it too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched Air a couple of weeks ago. It was really great. Nike really took a gamble on Michael Jordan and changed the shoe industry in the process. But it really worked out for them, making billions of dollars for the company. To this day, Michael Jordan makes 400 million dollars a year in passive income, just for letting them use his name. And little Nike bought out Converse in 2003. It was fascinating. Great cast and soundtrack!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It wasn't just Nike taking a gamble on Jordan, but Jordan absolutely did not want a deal with Nike.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am on ep 4 of "The Horror of Dolores Roach", and it's so good! I would say it's fun.

It's about a Latino woman who just spent 16 years in prison for dealing weed, and she goes back to the old neighborhood. But the hood has been gentrified and she can only find one person she used to know. The guy who owns the empanada shop. He lets her live in his basement apartment for free and they accidentally end up in business together.... That's all I want to say or I will spoil it.

It's comedy, horror, and Drama

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Looks good! Just looked at the trailer

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are short eps, so I finished it in one night. You will love it!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. I enjoy your recommendations.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm at about episode 4 on this new show on Amazon. It's pretty good!

Shelter

Season 1
Based on the bestselling series by Harlan Coben, Shelter follows the story of Mickey Bolitar after the death of his father leads him to start a new life in suburban New Jersey. When another new student disappears, Mickey finds himself tangled in a web of secrets. With the help of two new friends, Spoon and Ema, they reveal a dark underground that may hold the answers to decades of disappearances.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/..../

6 eps are already up. There are 2 more to be released on Thursdays.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja... I'm putting it on my Watchlist

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome! It's getting fewer and far between to find new decent shows. On all platforms.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Ooh, I want to watch that one. Thanks, Naja.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We watched episode 1 of Wilderness last night, and it looks good. Husband cheats on wife multiple times and lies about it so she decides to kill him on vacation. Stars Olivia Coleman from Doctor Who.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Finished the final season of Jack Ryan with John Krasinski and it was excellent - such a great cast! There's a final shot of four people standing on the steps at the end and I kept thinking 'now there is your real A Team'. It would make for a great spin off.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watching season two of Wheel of Time. I probably needed to go and watch the last episode of season one...or the whole season even. I don't remember crap lol.