TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 21, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through November 21, 2020 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I see, Kitt. Thanks.

Lexie, they were still shooting the show in the beginning of this month, September. But yeah, the beginning may have already been shot awhile ago.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/fargo-season-4-fx-covid-19-safety-protocols-noah-hawley-chris-rock-john-landgraf-1234574081/

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I found it a bit slow but think that Otaetta Mayflower just might be a delightfully deranged villain this season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 05, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OMG... Nurse Mayflower!!!!

I finally watched the first two episodes yesterday (and recorded last night's and will watch tonight). I'm already loving this season and am so happy this show is back!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 05, 2020 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love her as well. She is so Fargo. LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She must have some sort of Angel of Mercy complex. I'm guessing she wanted Eltherida to eat the pie and become sick so Nurse Mayflower could make her better.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I am really late to the Fargo party. I just started into season 2. It looks like it's a completely different story with different actors. So, is each season a separate story? The first season was so good, but so violent. I was obsessed and repulsed at the same time. lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Smokey, yes each season is a separate story. I highly recommend that you watch season one. It pays true homage to the movie. The first season was amazing!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think the 1st season was the best. I am not overly fond of the current season, as I mentioned earlier it seems really slow.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is a bit slow. I watched Ep 3 last night and wondered if I even wanted to continue. They need a bit more quirk and a lot less plod.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm in it for the long-haul if only because I love this show.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie. I have watched the first season and it was incredible. I'm not much of a violence and gore person, so hid my eyes a few times. But it was great and I loved all the characters. I have only seen one episode of the second season and that's why I asked. I was loving the characters of season one and should have known since so many died! lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the current season is a bit slow. I'm hoping there's an eventual payoff so I'll keep watching.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
This season continues to plod along. It seems disjointed and a bit stuck. I rather wonder if the writer's aren't sure what they are doing or how to tie things together.
The overbearing scenery chewing/ absurd over acting of Salvatore Esposito as Gaetano Faddo becomes more ridiculous each episode. Less is more dude, less is more.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is what is making me crazy. I read the EW recaps and they mentioned in last week's recap that Ethelrida left her notebook in the Oreatta's "murder closet." Somehow I missed that. Well, why hasn't Ethelrida missed her notebook yet? She has to be missing it - wouldn't you think?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Lexie_girl. Ethelrida (one of the ugliest names I have ever heard) always had her journal and would have missed it immediately. Why they are saving that tidbit is yet another reason this season is moving at a glacial pace.

We don't see enough of the interesting characters and suffer through countless unnecessary monologues that serve no purpose.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If she only fills out her murder journal on the days she commits murder, then I could see her not missing it for awhile.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Ethelrida doesn't have a murder journal, she has a normal/standard journal/diary that she appeared to use daily. She is so attached to it that she took it with her when cleaning Oraetta's apartment. Certainly discovering a murder closet is shocking, but surely Ethelrida would have
noticed it missing almost immediately.

There is no indication that Oraetta journals, in the standard serial killer trope, she loves her some trophies and press clippings of her nefarious deeds. She is certainly prolific as she needs a closet to store her mementos versus a box squirreled away somewhere.
The question is what will Oraetta notice first, the missing journal Ethelrida left behind or Ethelrida wearing the ring she stole?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ooops, I got the names mixed up.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Please, please, pretty please get back to Oraetta.
I think the best bits so far have been with
Oraetta, the Rabbi and Doctor Senator. Not together of course. Sadly one of them is no more.
I hope the Rabbi is one of the last men standing and gets the heck outta Kansas. Ben Whishaw is an interesting actor.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if Weff accidentally shot himself when Zelmare rushed him at the train station?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I don't know. I find this season dull and full of extraneous scenes that I don't pay very close attention.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, only 2 episodes left.
This has not been my favorite season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This week's episode was just awful. What was the point? Now there is a young child roaming around Kansas unsupervised with this dog. The storyline should have been that Rabbi returned Satchel to Loy and then took off for parts unknown by himself to escape the Fadda family.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree, another outlier episode that seems to serve no purpose.
I am beginning to think that this season just had a vague outline jotted down on the backs of multiple grocery receipts, old envelopes and junk mail. The whole lot of it was dropped on the floor, they couldn't make heads or tails of it so have just been doing one note a week, any sense of a coherent story line be damned.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching and am wondering if I should even bother. Does it tie in at all to the other seasons of Fargo? OR is this just an isolated season? It's just not very good. And from your comments, it doesn't sound like it's getting any better.