TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 05, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through August 05, 2023 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, lots of people with normal or low salaries are going to be negatively impacted for sure. I hope they can come to an agreement quickly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did see an article that implied the "powers that be" want the strike to go for a long time because the writers will run out of money and not be so difficult to deal with. Don't know how true it is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

People are just so greedy anymore, and the studios / bigwigs don't want to share the wealth with the actual workers, IMO.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Will this thread evolve to a news thread as the shows disappear? Or will there be a bunch of hostess reality programs?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Or we just discuss old shows we finally are watching for first time….or shows from other countries….

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched episode 7 of Cruel Summer season 2. I actually think since y'all have been explaining stuff, I think I understand it better now. Thanks.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
not hostess - stupid tablet autocorrect, it was hostless.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
LOL! and I was here scratching my head thinking there was a new kind of reality show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And we learned that reality hosts are not obligated to strike. So Julie, Phil, Jeff, etc can still host reality shows.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That is great news! Bring on the reality TV. So glad BB is not going to be impacted.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think Big Brother was already impacted big time. Both strikes were expected so that's why it was moved to start in August and will end in November.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where to watch the 3 reboot seasons of Will & Grace from 2017-2020? The original 1-8 seasons are on Hulu and Amazon Prime, but I can't find the reboot seasons anywhere.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja search says all 3 years (2017-2020) are on hulu , Prime, AppleTv. When I actually look on hulu, only Season 1 (reboot) is on Hulu. You have to scroll to right and look at date underneath. However, I found all 3 seasons on Prime free, included with subscription.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I usually do my search on roku, but I just went and searched on prime. Search Wiil and Grace, then scroll to the photo of them all in the tub.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I swear I couldn't find it before. They should just list it with the other 8 seasons.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You are welcome! It drives me wild how they group things sometimes

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is quite helpful info on the strike, and what it does and does not affect:

https://tvline.com/lists/actors-strike-questions-answered-game-shows-soap-operas-sag-aftra/strike-duration-resolution/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I found the part about soaps and game shows ...

The casts of the daytime serials General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful and… well, that’s all the networks have these days, isn’t it… also operate under the same Network Television Code as talk show hosts.

The bigger question here may be how soaps will continue to churn out scripts amid the 11-week-old (and counting…) WGA strike. Most of them tape far in advance, and as such that issue has yet to really hit — though I hear it is very much about to. Dun-dun-dunnnnnn….

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Streaming Services will just offer more foreign content. If the strikes last a significant amount of time, dare I say dubbed "Telenovela" might be in your future? Lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rob Forman WGA Board Candidate & Uni Lot Coord
@robsforman
·
20h
I… this isn’t hard, people?

Actors and writers are in different unions.

In the actors’ union, soap opera work is a different contract, so not struck. Working is not scabbing.

In the writers’ union, soap opera work is on the same contract, so is struck. Working is scabbing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
"Starting next week, the show will be penned exclusively by scab writers, which is heartbreaking,” General Hospital writer Shannon Peace explained via Instagram on Friday, July 21. “Daytime writers face a unique conflict during strikes. : “We hate to see our characters and story lines handed over to ‘writers’ who cross the picket line. But we’re also keenly aware that stopping production could spell the demise of soap operas. The full-time writers on the soap opera will no longer have control over what happens to the show’s beloved characters"

General Hospital has been using scripts from scab writers since July 25. I don't watch soaps anymore, but if your favorite character is doing something nutty and out of character, this is why.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, August 03, 2023 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Finished Cruel Summer season 2 last night. Did not like how it ended.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 03, 2023 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure this season was worth watching. In the end I didn't really care who did it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have the entire S2 recorded. I'm kind of getting the impression it's not worth watching. I guess I could give it a shot but won't lose sleep if I delete the entire season

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was all a bit lame and confusing, and the motivation behind the one shock at the end wasn't really explained. Maybe worth it if you've run out of everything else to watch!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have it on the DVR too. I'll ask my 21 year old daughter. If she's not interested, I think I'll skip it. I cannot stand when the conclusions don't make sense.