TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through July 13, 2023 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Kappy....I have been enjoying Prime's "DeadLoch" too! I like their quirky characters.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
FROM fans... if you have DirecTV MGM is doing a free preview week now until Friday, and tomorrow the channel "MGMHT" is doing a marathon of all episodes of S2 of FROM starting 10.10am my time, ending with S2E10 finale at 6pm. Probably would be 3 hours later for some of you.

Otherwise the regular MGM channel is repeating E9 and E10 a few times this week.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naja, there is a good murder mystery to be solved in Deadloch. If you get to know the characters, it's their quirkiness that adds humor.

Thanks Kitt for the info about From. It won't help me but it might help someone else.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just watched Finale, season 2, FROM. This show always takes unforseen twists and turns. One reason I love it. But heck, could they have ended on any crazier of a cliffhanger? Just WHAT? They have not renewed or canceled at this point. The writers strike guarantees that if there IS a season 3...it will be months before they start filming again. I so hope it will be renewed!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That ending was a total mind-bender! But I'll probably for it before a new season finally comes out. haha

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch The Gryphon? It's a German series but has a second audio tract where it's dubbed in English.

It was a fun fantasy type thing with kids battling Gryphons in an alternate universe of some sort. The creatures were carved from stone and they had a typical military hierarchy and one scene caught my eye. The creature warriors had disagreements with one another and had to deal with these issues...sometimes a couple of them would be talking behind the back of others....BUT something unfolded that I never expected in a million years.

One warrior was talking with another warrior and they were leaning in close as they whispered to one another when it became apparent they were actually a same sex couple and were expressing their feelings and griping at how the others were staring at them again. One of those staring said to some soldier next to him (PP) "Look at them...behaving just like the humans."

It was about 30 seconds of them showing that same sex military love existed in the Gryphon military, although it was tainted with a bit of homophobia. Keep in mind "The Gryphon" is not a comedy and no other character human or nonhuman was depicted as gay....that was just a short scene of the pair of creatures while resting in their camp between battles....and one of them was badly hurt....it was the one that had a broken horn...it seemed to me that it was an way to make him more recognizable for the viewers....(like "Stumpy", one of the the giant worms in "Tremors, and "White Stripe" one of the bad creatures in The Gremlins.)...the broken horn guy was the only one with that defect.

Interesting that they made the decision to show that there are gay couples and homophobia in the Gryphon (stonepeople) community.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched that scene again....and now I wonder if that broken-horned creature was a female. No female figure (boobs, hips) or long hair or dress, or any of the other stereotypes often used to denote the female sex for aliens (like on Star Trek) and other mythical creatures. All of them have different stoned carved faces just like regular people.

So maybe I just misinterpreted that scene....no female gryphon was ever identified as such and this character didn't look female, or male for that matter. No baby gryphons were seen in the series and they seem to reproduce by mining large chunks of stone that are then broken up revealing an adult living creature from within....so there didn't seem to be any need to have females in order to procreate.

That character, "Yarma", was played by a woman, which is the main thing that made me question how I perceived that scene.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I loved The Gryphon! I think I posted about it in Prime thread. I likened it to a Stranger Things type of series.

I also was trying to figure out the gender of the two Gryphons who seemed to have a relationship with each other. They seemed genderless except for that. At the end I went with female and male...maybe?

But way too short with only 6 episodes. Hopefully it get renewed.

Third and final season of Ragnarok Netflix Norse mythology is on August 24, 2023. It was pretty good

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've been reading a lot from oeople who have delved into the chant from From that the kids were saying, and they think it refers to a Celtic spider godess!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I started Deadloch and you're right. It's good! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh great. Now the actors are wanting to strike along with the writers!

https://apnews.com/article/actors-writers-strike-explained-05a2e9439eee5146474b1b538ff9ada6

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Geeezzz I see lots of subtitles in my viewing future

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you ever get bored, there's this ex-Navy Seal on youtube that tells mysterious, strange, dark and just plain interesting stories. He's such a good story teller! I'm hooked on him. I just start a story and let them play one after the other. He's been the background to my day for a couple weeks now. His name is Mr. Ballen. He's kinda cute, too!

https://www.youtube.com/@MrBallen/videos

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks! I will love that!

When I just tap the link...I get Tom Sandoval Special Forces...I started laughing because I know that's not who you are listening to. I just needed to copy and paste the whole thing, I got it!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching "Cruel Summer" season 2 on Freeform? I watch on Hulu though. I am very confused on how it jumps around in time. Can anyone explain it to me?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm recording the entire season of Cruel Summer if only for the fact that I think it's a show that is better to binge-watch so I don't forget what happened from week to week.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm saving it on the DVR too. I think it will be something I can watch with my daughter when she's home from college for xmas break.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Same. Waiting for all episodes to drop so we can watch it all at once. It's too hard to remember week to week what happened in the previous episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Flashing between 2 different segments of time throughout a show is hard enough. Cruel Summer S2 flashes between 3! I noticed the furthest past has a normal clear picture, then one of the others has a slight blue to the picture, and the other has a slight green picture. But for the life of me I can't remember which is the blue or green right now.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Summer 1999 is normal tinting.
Winter 1999 is a bluish tinting.
Summer 2000 is yellow/greenish tinting.

Summer 1999 is when Isabella comes to town, she & Megan become friends and Isabella & Luke are a couple first, then she breaks up with him because Megan has feelings for him.

Winter 1999 the tape of Megan & Luke having sex is shown but everyone thinks is Isabella. Lots of tensions between all.

Summer 2000 Luke has been found dead in the lake and Isabella’s past comes out. Megan and Isabella are no longer friends. It’s unclear if either had anything to do with Luke’s death, but want the audience to believe it is one of them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OMG lol Naja's confusion and Bb's explanation, just convinced me not to watch Cruel Summer. I hate continual flashbacks in general. It's often too confusing. Color-coded flashbacks that are still confusing??? Heck no!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
At least with S1, each tint was a different year. We didn't have two tints in the same year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it looks like we can forget about seeing new seasons of our shows this fall. The actors are set to go on strike today after last night's talks fizzled.

With no actors and writers, they are saying we won't be seeing new eps of our shows until 2024. How far into 2024 depends on how long the strikes last.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So disappointing for the viewers. I guess it's a good thing there is so much content on streaming apps. We can get caught up on those shows we never watched (like GoT).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Great. I might as well start re-watching every series', last season again. Because by the time they they release the next season I, for sure, will not remember squat, as I already struggle to remember a year later!

I worry the Domino effect is going to be quite devastating. The loss of revenue will trigger cutting of costs through layoffs and cancellations. Already many shows and movies have been canceled.

The shutdowns are also impacting many others working behind the scenes on film crews, including cinematographers, editors, grips, costumers, caterers and truck drivers.
Many businesses in the area like stores and restaurants are also affected. Festivals, award shows, fan conventions and all businesses that depend on the revenue from these events. It's very sad indeed that the ripple effect is so far reaching its like a Tsunami that reaches every corner of the industry