TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've announced it starts Sunday September 10th, same day for tv and streaming.

https://tvline.com/news/the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-release-date-1235011337/

First season is six episodes, and season two was also filmed back to back, but is meant to air in 2024.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's a new, longer trailer:
https://tvline.com/trailers/the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-trailer-video-premiere-date-1235016523/

It looks like a whole new style of show, I hope it's as good as it looks!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Daryl Dixon starts tomorrow!! I'm really hopeful that this will be good, the new trailers give it a more thoughtful style than recent spin offs (looking at you, Dead City).

It's 1hr 28 minutes, and followed by "Ride with Norman Reedus," which is a show where he visits places on his motorbike with a guest star. I think in episode 1 he's with Keanu Reeves in Utah.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the trailer was intriguing! I have been waiting for this spinoff in particular. Love Daryl...and now we will have Carol too!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it. I hope it stays at this pace, and doesn't turn into one big bad after another.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good episode again, shame they're not staying with those kids really, they were a good group.

So Laurent was born from a walker, that's a new one. I presume they think his blood would be special, but I'm not sure that entirely makes sense, at least how they portrayed the birth, as once she turned they did the caesarian almost immediately, so the blood wouldn't have had long to mingle.

If we knew what age Laurent was, we could tell what year they're in (I don't think they've revealed that so far). Online they're saying he's 11, which would make this happen almost immediately after Daryl left at the end of the final season of the main TWD (actually, from some of the tracking it would happen before the end, but as I've grumbled before, the whole TWD world really messed with its time markers near the end).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, so far loving the new spinoff. But then, I would love it even if it were horrible because, it has Daryl lol But thankfully it's great!

A new twist with the walkers that have "blood" that sizzles and burns. Wonder if Daryl starts a relationship with Isabelle...then Carol shows up?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder how Carol will get there. She didn't leave with him (assuming when he left at the end of the TWD show to find Rick that was the event that led to this) so even if she went looking, seems unlikely she'd end up in France. Unless he sends a message somehow.

I have to ask, in the first episode, when Isabelle walks in on Daryl when he's in the bath, she checks his scars then... did you think she was going for what it looked like she was going for at the front?! Really weird if so. We've since found out she wasn't a real nun but still!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
YES, lol...seemed like for a second there...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Such a weird thing to come out of nowhere, and then, apart from Daryl stopping her, go nowhere.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Competition for Carol lol...But it will be interesting to see how she ends up there

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So I wonder if Carol is going to actually show up, or whether the rumours of her being in the show were just a result of her filming the radio voice.

Right at the end of the conversation, before she was cut off, she said someone (lost in static) came back. I can't believe it's Rick, or Carol would have told Daryl almost immediately. I wondered if it was Morgan, as that ties in with the last season ending of Fear.

Also I noticed Carol seemed restless, said it was quiet there and took some getting used to. Sets it up nicely for her to travel to Maine to find Daryl when - as we know - he doesn't return in a week as promised.

Although Daryl was on a ship, that fast walker must have come from the US side, unless perhaps it was a dead European who'd recently died on the ship or docks. Not sure we've seen fast walkers in the US before - smarter ones, but not fast. If it were a walker-dock worker or from the ship's crew then I wonder if there's a different virus in the (living) Europeans that can make them fast when they turn.

And then right at the end in the arena in France they injected the walker and made him a super!! Sooner or later the walker they choose for that is going to scale the wall and kill the audience (and not entirely sure they wouldn't deserve it).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is a spoiler re Carol, so I'm putting it in a box, but it's an official release about the finale and season 2, so I expect it will be everywhere:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
in the finale — which airs Sunday, Oct. 15, at 9/8c — McBride will bring her iconic character roaring back in the flesh, on screen, AMC announced at New York Comic-Con Thursday. What’s more, the fan favorite will be a series regular in Season 2, which is going by the title The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon — The Book of Carol.

https://tvline.com/casting-news/melissa-mcbride-joins-the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-carol-season-2-1235053859/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Warning: the season finale of Daryl Dixon tonight is 2 hours 20 minutes long!!!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just watched it. Gezzz I love Daryl Dixon. I won't spoil...yet

Next WD is the finale episodes of Fear WD right?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, next Sunday starts the final (ever) six episodes of Fear. Then they've now given the Rick and Michonne show a start date of February.

I'm looking forward to Daryl but I have to wait a few hours :-).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched it on AMC+ at 1:00 Pacific Time...it might have been there before?

February?? Darn...I thought all the spinoffs were going to be back to back. So I'm going to be walker-less for a few months lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was just 1hr 20min of show, then an hour long special, which I've just started but seems quite good.

I was surprised **spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it yet** that it seemed like Daryl was leaving so easily, I thought with the second season being "The Book of Carol," maybe this whole story was just going to end. Nope. Annoying kid ;), Daryl has no choice now, he has to take him back and miss the boat.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I did not see that extra hour! Thanks for heads up. Luckily I also record everything, so I can go back and watch if I can't find it on the app.

Yeah, I agree about Daryl. He can either take the kid with him to Freeport (to get him away from those that want him/them dead) or stay and help. I am thinking Carol either returns with him to fight the bad guys...or finds a boat that brings her to Normandy.

In any case, its minimum 3,200 miles. A cruise ship would take about 6 days plus. But who knows how fast those boats travel. I'm going to scream if Carol goes to France and Daryl goes to America and they spend the next X amount of episodes tracking each other down! Lol

And the big question? Does Daryl get reunited with his motorcycle?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
At least they've now made it make sense that Carol - if she found a ship going on the same route that Daryl started off on - could actually find him. There would be no logic at all for her finding him where he washed up in the south of France, all the way around Spain.

I don't think Daryl can take Laurent with him, because he'd think of it as putting him in harm, plus he knows Isabelle would worry. Yeah, if Carol gets on a ship, will she take the bike with her?! And with next season being "The Book of Carol," we might see a lot of her journey, even before she meets up with Daryl. I'm pretty sure it was just two seasons though, so there will be a lot to fit in the final six episodes to bring them back home.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Third possibility...Daryl gets on ship and travels to America and Carol gets on same ship (to go find Daryl) they reunite. I was assuming that if Daryl took Laurent, it would be with Isabells blessing. She might have told him to go with Daryl?

In any case...it looked like Laurent was about to become dinner. So I'm assuming Daryl turns around to save him

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone missed this and wants to see it, or wants to rewatch, AMC are reshowing it this week. E1 is after The Ones Who Live and check the schedule for the others.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: