TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through June 25, 2023 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's what I had to do, too, Rvon. I feel ya.

Mameblanche, I went through a horrible time in the early to mid 90s. My dad died of cancer (it was quick, he only lasted 4 months after diagnosis), and my husband of 10 years left me less than 6 months later. I had to sell my house and move to a tiny condo, and dated a long line of Mr. Wrongs. I was very, very depressed. But I had a recording of Steel Magnolias my mom had loaned me, and whenever I needed a good cry, I'd pop that in the VCR. Such a classic movie, but so sad! It was cathartic. Feel better! ❤️

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2023 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "The Ultimatum" on Netflix? They are all female couples where one has given their partner an ultimatum to get engaged or call it quits by the end of the show. They end up dating other women at the beginning, picking one that will be their 'trial wife'. Once picked they live together for 3 weeks. Then after 3 weeks, the original couple is re-united for 3 weeks after which they decide whether they will go any further.
They choose interesting women, I keep watching. Oh, they release weekly but if you start now, you have 8 episodes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Queen Charlotte, I think I liked it even more than Bridgerton.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Queen Charlotte was wonderful, Lakecat. I agree with you. Such a sweet love story. 🥰

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I also just finished and enjoyed Queen Charlotte. It was nice to get some backstories of that generation.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did they ever say what happened to the Kings assistant? I’m assuming he died.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
No, Lakecat, as least not that I noticed. Somewhere I read that Rhimes has stated Reynolds is still alive so maybe we will see his older self in the next chapter.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maybe Shonda will include their love story in the next Bridgerton, I hope so. I thought Brimley or whatever his name was looked like George from Grays Anatomy

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ok...just watched 4 part documentary on, of all things....MerPeople! Lol I found it fascinating. I know, I'm weird, but I was up for something different. This is different. It really had some nostalgic moments with the original mermaids of Weeki Wachee Spring in Florida.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sounds fun. I took my daughter to Weeki Wachee years ago -- it's like a blast from the past. I may have to check that show out sometime.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Most of the original ladies are in their 70s plus. I wish the docu had been mostly on them actually. Terrifying that they had a 16 foot drop that led to a 60 foot tunnel they had to swim thru to get springs to preform.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Has Anyone seen Blackmirror with opinions?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's been 4 years since season 5, but I loved every minute all the episodes. Some mind-bending, some exciting and scary. I haven't seen this new season 6 yet. The reviews are saying it's not as sharp as previous seasons, but it's still good.

Black Mirror is an anthology. Every ep is a different story.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Some people didn’t like it because they didn’t think it was dark enough but I liked the first episode of season 6.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks I’ll check it out.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the first episode of season six. I started episode two. I haven’t watched all seasons yet. I seem to choose sporadically based on the synopsis.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked it a lot. I thought I was starting season 1 but it was actually season 6 episodes 1 and 2. Sort of a modern day Twighlight Zone.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 17, 2023 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I've watched season 6, episodes 1 and 2 of Black Mirror, found them entertaining.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Salma Hayek was very funny playing herself.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
New episodes of Break Point! So exciting

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Started watching the new series Glamorous with Kim Cattrall. It's campy and fun, there hasn't been many series that show a wide variety of the LGBTI community. I had to look up what is the correct way to refer to LGBTI and found it on the Canadian Gov't site that LGBTI=Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex. This is the internationally recognized acronym- I really don't know all the differences but am totally supportive to all.
Heads up that episode 4 had partying, drugs and people being promiscuous, like many heterosexuals' series show but may be shocking to those who have never seen LGBTI doing this before.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
My son and I are loving Glamorous. Even Chad the son is growing on me. Marco is just adorable to watch. So hoping it gets more viewership so we get a second season.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer- Just finished the series and it was a fun series! I feel the same about Marco. They left it open for a second season, so I too am hoping for a one!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Someone just told me that Netflix is $20 a month now.

Is that true?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Grooch....yes! If you want "ad free" with 2 devices, it is $16.95 CAD. There is another option that is $20 I think. It is getting price! For me, CRAVE/HBO is an additional $20/month!