TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through January 16, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I am still mad at him for not being in this show but I will take a time traveler. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I actually have PBS Passport. I signed up cause some shows actually let you watch ALL episodes at once. I thought they'd all be that way. Oh well. $5 a month is not that much, and I feel like I'm supporting quality television.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, since they dropped two episodes this week do you think they will next week as well? I wish we could have the whole season too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Still sad that Theo James didn't return for "Sanditon." I just felt like that relationship was unresolved.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ok, just finished watching season 2 of "Sanditon," and they did it to me again!!! So frustratingly disappointed in the end of this season. Argh!!!!

Fortunately, there is to be a season 3! They'd better get this mess straightened out. Wonder how long it will take them to film? So frustrating to have to wait another year for only 6 episodes!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I know, Babyjaxmom! What was that mess? Lol

I had no idea it was the finale. I was saying… DO NOT DO THIS TO HER AGAIN. Then they did. Sigh

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel cheated of my happy ending! Jane Austen always had a happy ending for her characters, at least the good ones. The "bad" ones usually got what they had coming. But to do this to us a second time! I'm pissed!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't recall Call The Midwife having such a cliff hanger episode as last week. Waiting for the next episode, the season finale, seemed longer than 7 days. I was rather worried for a few favorite characters.

I'm pleased it has been renewed for at least 2 more seasons.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, that was quite the cliffhanger. I was rather worried too. I hadn't heard the good news about the renewal. Thanks for sharing that!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Damn my TV has not been working properly. Where can or how can I see last weeks episode ( and probably this week too)also Married St First Sight and Survivor.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, you can watch Call the Midwife on the pbs.org website, Survivor's episode is available on cbs.com. I don't know about Married at First Sight. If you google it and click on video, it will tell you where you can watch it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Miriam and Alan: Lost in Scotland. Fun road trip with Alan Cumming and Miriam Moargolyes. Both from Scotland. She is 80.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Where to watch / stream shows or movies --

Link or Link

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 03, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started watching Hotel Portofino, but had to stop when they brought in the Facists. I just can't with the Nazis.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Argh! So annoyed. I had been look8ng forward to Annika with Nicola Walker and missed the first episodes. Checked out the PBS app but you have to buy their passport which is crap, it is currently airing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Passport is only $5 a month, Sugar. You get all episodes early on some shows, plus I almost feel like I'm making a donation to public TV. Didn't Annika air months ago? Hubby and I watched it several months back.

We finished Miss Scarlet and the Duke Season 3 last night. Such a sweet show, and her costumes are beautiful. I love her little hats and her dresses. The actor who plays "Duke" reminds me so much of Hugh Jackman.

I wish they would just kiss and get it over with. This "will they or won't they" business is killing me.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Annika aired in the UK last spring.
All the different steaming services can really add up quickly. I need to take a good look at everything, dump cable and determine what will work best for everything we want to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Annika is also currently airing for free on PBS, and couple eps are in PBS on-demand. I think this Sunday they are on ep 5.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sugar, Annika also aired here in the US several months ago, cause hubby and I watched it (can't wait for season 2). I've noticed that PBS seems to do that a lot. They promote something as new that's already been shown here. And I know they usually show things in the UK before they get aired here. I've been watching Call the Midwife for years and hate how we always have to wait.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was on in my area but am not positive. Local PBS stations have some choice in what they buy. There are programs that all PBS stations show I believe as well as local shows and whatever they purchase.
I'll look at PBS on demand again but thought it said
Annikawas only available via PBS Passport.
I want to watch it rom the beginning.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's actually in the listings as "Annika on Masterpiece". And I don't subscribe to any PBS things, and the on-demand is free to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here it is free online.

https://ww6.0123movie.net/movie/annika-season-1-1630851690.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
All Creatures Great and Small Season 3 is returning to Masterpiece on PBS in January (Jan. 8th). Yay!!! Love this show to bits. I read all the books like 40 years ago (yikes, admitting my age!).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished All Creatures Great and Small Season 3 yesterday. I love this show so much! It always brings a tear to my eyes. Whoever it was who was saying they can't watch this show cause of the animals (I'm sensitive to animals, too), nothing died -- at least onscreen -- this season. It's safe to go back in the water.

This show always leaves me wanting more. Such a sweet show.

I read this article this morning from PBS about the real people behind the characters in the books/TV show. I'd forgotten they used pseudonyms. If you're a fan, you'll find this interesting.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/the-real-people-behind-the-characters-of-all-creatures-great-small/?subscriber=true&list_id=general

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The books are all wonderful! I hope I have the new season recorded.