TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Walking Dead: Dead City

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: The Walking Dead: Dead City users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 1 (six episodes) starts THIS Sunday at 6/9pm. The mid season finale of Fear follows at 7.12/10.12pm.

From the press release:
The series follows Maggie and Negan traveling into a post-apocalyptic Manhattan cut off from the mainland in search of Maggie's kidnapped son, Hershel. The crumbling city is filled with the dead and denizens who have made New York City their own world full of anarchy, danger, beauty, and terror.

(It only just occurred to me I needed to create another season pass for this, somehow I thought the old TWD one would pick it up... it didn't!)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Here we go! Can't wait! Can I see the premier early like the other WD series?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Fear TWD has been premiering on AMC+ on the Thursday before it airs on tv on AMC, so I'd look this Thursday for this premiere.

I expect they'll do it for normal episodes, even if they don't for e1.

The one I'm really waiting for is the Daryl one. I'm not particularly keen on Maggie and I can't forgive Negan. But of course I will watch :-).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I love both Daryl and Negan (new Negan). I love the characters and the actors. I have been reading some rumblings about Carol's return! Maybe she worked out whatever problems she had with filming overseas? That would be great! I love her too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They seem to have amped up the bad Negan, after amping (?) it down for the last four TWD seasons.

So far nothing really caught my attention except wondering how old Hershel was, to see what the time jump was. He seemed a good few years older.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Still finding it a bit blah.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If you are finding it blah then I am glad I didnt start it LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol, although I've never forgiven Negan and never really warmed to Maggie, so I might not be the best judge. It seems like it's just fighting with walkers and a not very interesting baddie.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I've have always said the show ended for me when he killed Glen. It was never the same.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think I agree with you there. It was never the same. I really think they bowed to pressure to make the tv show the same as the comicbooks, not realising how upsetting live action violence and watching live characters die was to most of their tv viewers.

I'm interested to see what they'll do with the Daryl show though, and I'd like to see them wrap up the storyline with Rick and get him and Michonne back to Judith and RJ. Don't know if that's what I'll get, but I'm hoping!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would like to see that as well

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
As much as I hated Negan before is as much as I like him now. I agree that the writers had no idea that episode would be so devastating and anger so many fans. I was never so glad to have The Talking Dead right after to console me. I cried through that too.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Darn. Before, I could watch the new episode a full week ahead. Now I could only watch the new episode on Thursdays, 4 days ahead. But episode 5 was not available on Thursday this week. I looked it up and the last two episodes (5 and 6) will be not be shown until regular slot on Sundays.

Must be some stuff that happens that they don't want anyone to know ahead of time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, I remember that talking dead. It was held at Hollywood cemetary and it was pouring rain that day

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Pamy yes..there was an erie silence when they started. I literally felt traumatized, as if someone had really died.

Drawn characters in a comic book do not translate to live humans on screen. I remember some writer on The Last of Us commented that they were careful to take into account that the two are not the same. They alluded to the reactions of the viewers with what happened on TWD and wanted to be careful not to do the same. Hopefully the writers won't make that mistake again on TWD

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: