TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through May 29, 2023 users admin

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I saw the bus coming to the town, I wonder how many people are on it. And that creepy spider web in the woods was scary.And that weird sound they keep hearing can't be anything good. Sure hope this doesn't have the ending as Lost.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I never answered your question about Wheel of Time, but I watched it, too. Seems like several months ago. I enjoyed it and hope it gets a second season.

I've been trying to get my son to watch Rings of Power, but he's suspicious of Lord of the Rings spinoffs. He was the same way with Loki on Disney, but that turned out to be a great show. You just never know.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Hunters is coming back for season 2 January 13! It premiered in 2020 so I hope I remember everything.

Inspired by true events. It's about a group of people in 1977 in New York who are nazi hunters. It has quite a few notable actors in it. Al Pacino, Judd Hirsch, Carol Kane, Kate Mulvany, Lina Olin and more.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved Hunters. So good!

We just finished The Consultant on Prime. Very intense and kind of weird at times. They never did really explain who he was. The character of the Consultant, "Regus Patoff," was played by Christophe Waltz. He's so good in everything he does. I'd be interested to hear what anybody else thinks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Daisy Jones and the Six. I loved the book and I also really liked the changes they made to the story in the show. The music was great too and has stayed stuck in my head.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the Consultant was interesting, but it just didn't seem to be resolved. We found out what he was (kind of) but not why or how. Just weird.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree about the Consultant. It left a lot of questions in my mind. In the end I was just glad it was over and I didn't have to figure it out anymore. It couldn't be done.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree about the Consultant. It left a lot of questions in my mind. In the end I was just glad it was over and I didn't have to figure it out anymore. It couldn't be done.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching JURY DUTY?

Amazon Prime

It's a mockumentary along the lines of that Joe Schmo Show. Real court, fake trial. In fact. everyone is fake except one guy who thinks they are doing a documentary of him because he's a first time juror.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sanfran....sounds interesting. I loved Joe Schmo Show. He was such a nice guy. I wonder what happened to him since the show aired.

I'm interested but just checked here in Canada on Prime and it is not listed yet. Please keep me posted on your thoughts of the show Sanfran!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I forgot to add that James Marsden is in it.. He plays himself as an entitled actor who tries to get out of jury duty. He acts like a douche that's more intent on being a celebrity among the little people than being a juror! LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm watching! They have found the perfect guy in Ronald, he's so reactive to everything, but I'm finding it hard to completely believe he's not aware of it some how.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I loved Joe!!!This sounds awesome!!! Thanks for letting us know!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but I'm finding it hard to completely believe he's not aware of it some how.?"

I dunno.... He's aware that these people are nuts, but they said (in the opening credits?) that the courtroom was real, but the trial and all the people were fake, except one.

If they really are making this in a real courtroom somewhere, I think that's all it would take to seal the deal on Ronald's suspension of disbelief.

He said in an interview that he had to look up "sequester" because he'd never heard that word before.....so he's not stupid, but he seems a bit inexperienced and not very worldly or sophisticated.

If it was me, and if it was a real courthouse, I'd probably believe it...up to a point. And even when I passed the point of no belief, I'd still need to convince myself that anyone would possibly go to all this trouble to pull a gigantic ongoing prank on little ole me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's so right! Detecting things that don't seem real is one thing, but having the arrogance to believe that the only possible scenario is that a whole tv show was built around you would be something else!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Re Jury Duty, I found this:
https://www.primetimer.com/news/jury-duty-amazon-freevee-ronald-gladden

it doesn't have spoilers but explains how Ronald got the part, he "answered a Craigslist ad to be in a supposed documentary about the judicial process because he was in between jobs and could use the cash."

So he knows it's not a regular jury, but thinks it's more like a jury version of a Judge Judy trial. Which makes more sense of why he would be more accepting of the weirdness.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That does makes sense! I am on ep 3, love it! I was shocked James Marsden didnt mention Dead to Me as one of his credits. I love him in that. He is cracking me up.

the one thing I am missing that was a fun part of Schmoe was the daily behind the scenes with the actors and giving them guidelines for the day. This show could use that

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I just started watching, this is hysterical.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 24, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved the ending! What a great guy he is!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I wish Jury Duty was on Prime in Canada. There is a way to watch it in Canada but you have to jump through quite a few hoops.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Jury Duty is on Prime CAnada now. I'm about 3 episodes in but not finding it very entertaining so far. I will keep going.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mizi, I felt the same way. I quit watching after about 3rd ep.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We gave up on Jury Duty after only a few minutes. Just didn't grab us at all. Found it boring.

We watch Citadel over the weekend. It was great! Very fast-moving, although I guessed a lot of the twists and turns ahead of time. It was fun.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am on Ep. 6 of Jury Duty and I find it absolutely hilarious. The first two episodes were a little slow but I was howling by Episode 3 - especially when one of the jurors was wearing "chair pants"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! I also loved it!