TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through May 09, 2023 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
The Beach Boys Salute was great. I liked watching the "boys" and how they really seemed to be enjoying it. Leann Rimes' dress distracted me a little and it was interesting hearing about the history of the "Warmth of the Sun"

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Lume commercials are a bit graphic but I'm not particularly fond of the Charmin bears either. They go a little too far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Chieko, I wasn't surprised that Leann wanted to take the attention away from the boys to herself by appearing practically naked.

I was surprised that they didn't push the camera up and only focus chest up to thwart her, LOL.

totally agree about those Lume commercials, very annoying

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
From on Epix (now MGM+) season 2 premieres Sunday 9 p.m. Docuseries Amityville: An Origin Story will follow with its own premiere at 10 p.m., immediately after

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Hecka, I was going to post about that commercial, too. I don't get it, either. But then I think that maybe I'm just getting old. Lol! "

If you remember what the product they were pushing was, then you got the message they wanted you to get.

Weird quirky ads like that are always a hit with me.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 23, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have started watching a few new shows. Alchemy of Souls (Netflix). I thought it was going to be a completely different genre then it turned out to be. I started watching Korean series a few years ago. This one encompasses all different elements. Very different.

"A powerful sorceress in a blind woman's body encounters a man from a prestigious family, who wants her help to change his destiny"

Mrs Davis (Peacock). I started watching because I love Betty Gilpin. The series series defies description in just a few words. If I say it's about a Nun that loses her covenant due to an AI that has taken over the world, and what ensues is a crazy mad-hatter convoluted scheme to take revenge. It just doesn't do it just it justice. It's like Doom Patrol in the sense that it makes no sense whatsoever lol But I love whacky.

Totally Completely Fine (AMC) Australian. I figured since John Noble was in it…I would like it.

"When self-destructive Vivian discovers the cliffside property she's inherited is a suicide site, she's tasked with becoming its guardian and rescuing lost souls on the verge. Twists of fate, grief, and moving through uncertainty collide in the endearing dark comedy"

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 24, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching Astrid on PBS? I have been saving the shows, meaning to watch. When I started to watch and saw it was dubbed I thought I should delete it, but the story grabbed me. The disorganized helper and the autistic researcher solve zombie murders.
I guess I will keep watchinng.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot to remind anyone that likes Carol Burnett...yesterday there was a special, "Carol Burnett: 90 Years Of Laughter + Love". Very enjoyable! Packed with a bunch of celebrities. You can see it on NBC on Demand and on Peacock

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Carol Burnett special was wonderful. Lots of great memories.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe how great Bernadette Peters looks at 75.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I couldnt believe how great most of the people looked!! I wondered if they airbrushed them in editing

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The Great American Baking Show started on Roku today. There us also a celebrity Holiday episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I will look for that on demand (Carol Burnett).

Carol just turned 90 and the Instagram for Lucille Ball is great at sharing fabulous throwback videos whenever there is a milestone for someone who interacted with Lucy.. Lucy and Carol did some really fun dancing scenes back in the day.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I found the Carol Burnett tribute on Hulu. Thanks for the heads up!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am really getting ticked about this writers' strike. Just give them what they want. I miss my late night talk shows and and don't get me started about SNL. Pete Davidson was supposed to host this weekend and the episode was cancelled. We lost some good shows forever during the last strike. My fav one was called "Men in Trees".

The last strike was in the winter so CBS filled a bunch of the hours with a last minute winter BB. (Not celebrity, just regular).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Meanwhile Los Angeles is working on raising minimum wage to $25 an hour

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Giving the writers what they want is complicated. This strike is over streaming. They get a small fee for streaming. They get a big check for a rerun. A rerun runs at a specific date and is measurable bust streaming ins more complicated. do you do it by the number of times something is streamed whole or part or what.

I am not sure what the demand is, all I know is that they want more for streaming and they want some protection from AI and smaller crews that make them work harder for the same product.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From what I heard the networks/cable/ people in charge have said they aren't really concerned about this strike because they have been "banking" content.

There wasn't any more clarity on what that content was but I doubt it will be settled quickly, I think the estimate is 3 months.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh! Three months without Colbert?!

I heard the stars of the shows are getting paid million-dollar salaries, while the writers get a pittance in comparison. Obviously, they can't have a show without writers, so they need to pay their writers more.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the last writers strike is why we have so many reality shows!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Another thing they want is to be on set, where some writers can learn more to become better at their own craft as well as learn skills that might allow them to move into other areas in the field.

Several other unions may be joining them soon as other contracts come due.

As for late night talk shows.. I really don't watch them for the most part.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t watch talk shows too much and especially Colbert and Kimmel but it will be the scripted shows that I will be concerned about. How long was the last strike?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
All the networks need to do is bring over their older streaming shows to the network cause, not everyone streams. For example, ABC could bring over the Mandalorian from Disney. We are also going into summer, which is mostly reruns too. They’ll survive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We are getting DWTS back from streaming (and without Tyra still.).

Lakecat, the last strike lasted 100 days.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness they just finished filming Only Murders in the Building!