TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Shark Tank: Archive through September 24, 2022 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good one on Shark Tank tonight.

The Jolly Roger Telephone Company. They also have a Facebook page. Seems to work and be popular. No deal with a shark which I think may be sharks' error. They didn't take a deal offered by Mr. Wonderful.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 11, 2019 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded the show last night so I will watch it when I get home from work. It is always possible that one of the sharks may try to come back and make a deal with this company. It has happened before.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 11, 2019 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That first pitch and the last Moink were the best of the night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 11, 2019 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that phone thing is funny but telemarketing paid my bills in the 80s so I have a soft spot for people that have to do that work because it sucks. I love this for scammer calls though

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 11, 2019 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My mom didn't work from 1946 - mid '60s. When she went back to work, first job was telemarketing music lessons for Lyon & Healy.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I still wasn't quite sure how the phone thing worked. Did you have to press a button or something if a scammer called? It was a little confusing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie - I went to their website and didn't get it either.

But one way it works is just like NoMoRoBo, if you have a phone system that allows multiple phones to ring for incoming calls. Then it just stops the call for you.

NoMoRoBo is free for landlines, but ifyou have Comcast, you may have to call them to get the above system to work.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I understand where telemarketing is a job, but scamming in not, it is a fraud, and most of the calls I get now are scams. With telemarketers I can say please remove my phone from you list because I will never order from a phone call to me and they would do that, I have to call the company. But with automated calls, that does not work, with scammers they think they can just get the stupidest person in your family on the phone.
that is why I have nomorobo on my land line and the only phone I give out on-line is my land line, not my cell.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar. I just checked and NoMoRoBo is available right now for Cox Voice and they are working on the access for Cox Digital phone. I will check back in another couple of months.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, is your land line a true land line or is it VOIP? I don't think Nomorobo works on true land lines which is what I have.

ETA: Does not support true land lines.

Link

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
voip

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know if y'all saw the episode a couple of weeks ago about "Bug Bite Thing" - the contraption that removes the poison out of your insect bite. Well, I'm allergic to every insect on the planet - particularly skeeters so I ordered one. While outside putting bird feed out in the feeder and changing the bird bath water, I got huge mosquito bite on my face. I used my Bug Bite Thing for the first time since I received it and I'll be damned... it works!!!

Best $10 I ever spent.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is it called “Bug Bite”? I need it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bug Bite Thing

Link

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I got it and used it and the bite got way worse...ended up in urgent care and they gave me antibiotics!!! maybe I didnt catch it in time, not sure but now Im afraid to use it again

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, be careful, it says dont use on your face :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw that advertised and thought.. Do I REALLY want to let mosquitos live to bite me and risk getting West Nile? I don't think so! Seems like prevention is preferable to some gadget that could make things worse!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just got back from coastal Mexico. Derenge Fever has increased 400%, I worried about it. I guess the damage would already be done and it wouldn’t prevent it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy... it was fine. I used it last night and the mark was gone this morning when I woke up

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Not to change the subject about "Bug Bite", but I recently ordered "Phone Soap", a new product I saw on Shark Tank a few months ago. It sanitizes your cell phone in about 10 minutes. It is amazing! I saw it on GMA with their Deals and Steals and was able to get it for $49.00, half the original price. I bought one for myself and three more for Christmas presents.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Oops! Sorry the half price was $40.00, plus tax and shipping, of course.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that's a cool device.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, good to hear. I will try it on next bite, hoping it works for me

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Two hours of Shark Tank tonight. I think that's a first. Probably last hour of ABC primetime will be election results.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night was the season premiere of Shark Tank and for the first time ever it was in front of a live audience, and I have to admit... I absolutely hated it. Between the screaming and the clapping and the whooping and hollering, it was virtually impossible to hear the deal-making. I hope this is not going to go on all season.