TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through April 28, 2023 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Nope, my pause ended when you caught up. I paused after seeing e10, and now I'm in the middle of e13 and things are really moving along and there are some great, but unexpected, connections among some of them.

I'm curious to see what you think about e13...which I'm headed back to finish right now!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
More comments about e13:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The posh Sam and Dean, especially posh Sammy, drinking with his little finger sticking out and....his precious man bun? OMC! They are HYSTERICAL! If you've ever wondered how the boys would be if they were raised with money and overly refined entitlement, here's your chance to see it! I already feel sorry for Brazil.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I do appreciate you keep having waited for me to catch up all this time. I'll watch e13 tomorrow morning and look at your boxes.

E11 with the Luck. I think that episode was there just to remind us not all the entities were evil, or at least didn't start out that way... some just made the most of what God gave them when he made everything so shitty. Not that it made what they came to do ethical, but suggests that they too are victims of Chuck. Seems like it's been a long time since we've found an entity, except Cass, who remembered they were meant to be the good guys, the others just have turned and won't come back.

E12 Chuck said they are the real Sam and Dean! The originals! It feels good to know that, even if technically it doesn't matter as they're our originals. Meanwhile Chuck is just shutting up shop, destroying all the worlds, even that poor Radio Shed kid's, on his way to the main one. That is one HUGE tantrum.

So pleased to see Jack back, even without a soul. And he's seemingly in control of himself now he's been reset, even if Billie's pulling some strings. I wonder if Billie thinks she can become god, or something equivalent, or is she just one of the ~good~ ones who want what's fair and just to win out in the end, regardless of whether it gives her power or not?

Chuck persuaded Sam that with him locked up, the monsters take over, sooner or later. And we know with Chuck dead, there's an imbalance, and who knows what will happen with Amara. So what to do with Chuck...?! Death seems to be suggesting to actually kill him. Maybe Amara is in on it.

Btw, "hey Sam and Dean, you are the messengers of God's destruction." No pressure!

I like they are tying up loose ends, like getting the right Kaia back. And checking in on Garth, who miraculously seems to be able to control his suped up wolf skills, or maybe they wore off. They even tied up the Ketch loose end, lol. I said I could never warm up to a psychopath, but he did seem ok at the end (if you didn't think too hard).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
e14 - Mrs Butters :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched e13! Good job I have a husband understanding of my needs, lol!

YES I noticed - and was watching for - twinkles between Mr & Mrs Ackles! Jensen especially couldn't seem to hide it.

I'm assuming Mrs Ackles and Mrs Padalecki are friends, must have been a hoot for them to act together, or maybe there's a little rivalry there!

Posh Sammy and Dean were hysterical!! And they seemed so unfazed by their world being destroyed! Every alt-Sammy always seems to have his hair pinned back! Funny how quick Dean was to get rid of them, no connection there whatever :-).

I don't know if you ever saw or remember Peter Paige dressed as Jackie Kennedy but that's so who Sammy reminded me of!

Jack got his soul back! And did they really cut the "I forgive you" off the end of the episode, how could they!! Such !

Is this Team Free Will 3.0??

I am really enjoying these last few episodes, there's enough light and humour and hope and not so much bleak as the end of last season. And I just can't stop watching! I've watched seven episodes today and I would watch more if my hubby didn't deserve some attention! And I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to not be able to stop and will watch the final seven tomorrow. The thing I was waiting for didn't come today, and if it comes tomorrow I might just blow it off until Friday and indulge myself with this instead. I am guessing there's a fairly reasonable chance you will get to the end tonight, you'd have to have such self control not to!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I’m really excited for tomorrow! I think I got all my sad out last season so now I’m just enjoying the ride. I expect I will probably be plunged back to reality in the finale, however :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm assuming Mrs Ackles and Mrs Padalecki are friends, must have been a hoot for them to act together, or maybe there's a little rivalry there!"

Well there MUST have been some...after all, one is an angel and one is a demon! :-)

"And I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to not be able to stop and will watch the final seven tomorrow."

I wondered the same thing for me about today.

" I am guessing there's a fairly reasonable chance you will get to the end tonight, you'd have to have such self control not to!!"

You are absolutely WRONG! That wasn't "fairly reasonable" at all! It was "absolutely inevitable"! Lucky for me that I had no self control at all....I rode the roller coaster all the way to the very end, until it slowly stopped at the platform. :-)

This show had a perfect wrap up, better than any series finale I've ever seen, I think. When e20 ends and the credits begin, keep watching...a couple seconds into the credits the boys are back with a message, and I swear, they were talking directly to you! (and me, too) :-)

Here is the Special that aired on the s15 series finale night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ_hzCCnY50&list=PLiH6ZK0_O3e7iM1hvpb3iwPjRHZ6VsS8G&index=2
---

The link with the giant font (upthread a bit) is a different special...it's about the cast's and crew's reactions to the finale....you'll want to watch that too....have yer hankie handy!

(Don't be putoff that at the beginning there are several minutes of tweets they made during or after the finale....but the whole video isn't all text! There's one with a pic of a teary eyed Misha who was watching the finale with his kids...)

-------

Funny moment in one of the last few eps when a lady cop referred to young "Special Agent" Jack (I forgot his fake name) as "Baby Yoda". LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I did think it would be impossible to stop :-) :-) :-). I am... heartened... by your description of the finale. I am preparing myself for it to be devastating. Probably devastating in an uplifting kind of way but still... devastating. i will look out for the bit in the credits, I expect I will need it!

I've watched e14 with Mrs Butters!! I was so happy they didn't have to gank her! E15 Love how Rowena is shaping up hell! So Jack is going to have to die, unless Castiel can fix it. And E16 of course Dean kept that from Sam :-(.

Jack telling Castiel it wasn't his choice (when he said Jack couldn't sacrifice himself). True but it doesn't mean Castiel can't try. I thought Dean would be desperate to find another solution too, but I think it's too hard for him, in many ways, right now.

I've no idea how they're going to resolve this!

Four left! Starting e17 now!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Adam is Lt Gaeta from BSG!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I've no idea how they're going to resolve this!"

They resolve this correctly. The writers are geniuses.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm done but I can't type. Or focus. Or breathe through my nose .

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did you watch the video of the cast and crew talking about the finale?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The final few eps were harrowing...they'd come up with some complicated plan that involved dangerous steps that had to be set up and then at the last minute, it would FAIL! Several times! And after watching them make plans so often, I liked how they hid the final plan so that not even the viewers knew about it, and how that plan actually worked to perfection and left that loser, Chucky, alone with nothing but his own misery. I wouldn't have minded a short epilogue of Chucky as a hobo unsuccessfully trying to hop a train...or maybe in the loony bin, yelling, "Do you know who I AM?".

BUT...ending with the boys as winners in their new life in heaven was a satisfying moment and even mentioning Chucky would have been a mistake.

I really appreciated the co-binge with you, Kitt! I think I forgot so much because even though I saw it before, it wasn't a show I saw with someone and had deep discussions about....and doing that sort of thing kind of brings a fictional tale into RL a little bit and gives it more substance. :-)

I'd describe this ending as sad heartbreaking moments that still managed to turn into happily optimistic. It's great that Jack "fixed" heaven and basically gave all the residents a whole new life to live with their loved ones. That squirrely Chucky just gave them a loop of a happy memory. I love that they can all make new memories now!

Did you catch that ending with the Boys talking directly to you?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not yet, I might leave that until tomorrow. I need to let it settle first.

The writers are indeed geniuses. I was so confused with e19 and it seeming to end and yet there was one more episode. And I'd read at the start of TW that Dean had died and that hadn't happened. (Aside: I wonder if Dean told the story of the Winchesters from heaven. That might not make any sense, but I will be looking for that when I rewatch TW.) And then e20 was so perfectly the only way to go, even though it was so painful. Just writing that has started me off crying again. And Sam made it through, as you do, one day at a time until he could live his life. With little Dean. (And conspicuously they didn't identify the mother.)

My husband's just got back from his meeting so I told him what happened and now he's crying, lol.

E19 was a very clever, but would have been a more typical ending of a show. And that hit all my happy places too. What better purpose for Jack than to end up as a benevolent god? And Castiel gave himself up to save the others and nothing would have ever made him happier than to be able to do that.

And now they're all happy in heaven .

I'm glad I did know Dean was going to die. Not sure how I would have been able to take it if it was a surprise. It meant I had more dread coming into it - even through S14 I was dreading it - but it made the finale more bearable.

What an experience. The show. Watching with you. I think this might be the best show I have ever watched. Some shows have been rollercoasters of emotion but this was just so perfect, at least for my tastes. So much heart.

I'm really looking forward to those specials. I hope they're all as sweet in real life as they were on the show, lol. No dashing my dreams now! So my Friday night won't be the final episodes like I expected, but will probably be a celebration of them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You typed while I was typing :-).

Yes, I saw the bit at the end. and they must have filmed it right at the end too, it was the same clothes and everything. I'm glad they felt it as much as we did. That's a lot to keep up for 15 years.

I was a bit worried about Chuck being - in real life, well real tv show life - able to somehow regain his powers. But if Jack says he won't be able to that's ok with me. And although I'd also like to see him suffer, not seeing him was perhaps a more fitting end for a narcissist.

And I always said Billie was mean! When Jack was killing greenery (turning it into brownery :-)), I did wonder if he would become Death, and somehow that would make things better. Happy I was wrong.

It was optimistic. The ~everything is written and you're just carrying out god's story~ was rather disturbing, and had to be debunked (not the word but hope you know what I mean). Gotten rid of. They saved the world and in a very real, meaningful way. Brought the light.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And Sam made it through, as you do, one day at a time until he could live his life. With little Dean. (And conspicuously they didn't identify the mother.)"

Did you think the kids they showed Sammy with might've been his kids IRL? I kind of wondered a little when I saw him with the toddler with the "Dean" shirt in the park...but when I saw the older boy throwing a baseball his dad, I was surprised to see how much that kid resembled Jarod! But I looked it up at IMDB and the names didn't match.

images are screenshots from the episode
sonsam

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched that full special of the cast and crew's reactions to the finale today. It would've been too much last night...especially after watching 10 eps yesterday!

Anyhow the "reactions" special was great. You'll like it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think about that, but that boy really does look like Jared's two boys.

jared

https://people.com/parents/all-about-jared-padalecki-kids/ (that's a nice interview if you like kids stuff)

And here's Jensen's three, their youngest two are twins!

jensen

https://people.com/parents/all-about-jensen-ackles-kids/

A few episodes from the end we got a different set of young Dean and Sam who were quite good matches. Don't think we've seen them before. The particularly good "young Dean" must be 18 or 20 by now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Btw, did you notice Death, at the end, was pregnant? Not particularly big, but I was surprised they didn't even try to hide it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"got a different set of young Dean and Sam who were quite good matches"

Are you referring to the one where they managed to get a vending machine to give them free candy and they met a girl and her younger brother? And there was a creepy monster killing children, too?

The casting of the kid playing young Dean bugged me because he had a very pronounced widow's peak but grown up Dean doesn't...at all. That's not something you grow out of. His acting was fine, but the hairline blew it.

---

No I didn't notice Death was preggars....but I did notice she was hunched over a lot favoring the wound that Dean gave her. That was very noticeable because Supr characters usually can get stabbed or shot and still fight off 10 monsters and save a life or two while not favoring the damage at all. In fact. I think that was going on in the the big fight scene between Dean and Chucky...he broke a some of Dean's bones, arm? leg? for sure, but Dean could still get up and fight back.

Bottom line - I didn't notice she was pregnant, but I did notice she was trying to hide the pregnancy! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That kid in the middle of Jarod's family pic really looks like it could be the same kid he was playing catch with.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn’t notice the hairline, I tend to look at the noses :-).

Ah, now you mention it Death was in funny positions a lot. And you’re right, at the end fight with Chuck, they showed him breaking legs - although I suppose it could have been arms - and they still got back up to fight. I was thinking during that that there was no Cass to heal them, but along comes Jack :-).

I was going to watch a special now, but just thinking of it makes me cry again, so it will have to be tomorrow. I keep thinking how proud they should be of this. Sometimes it got a bit wild but the relationships were always so real and meaningful.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And I always said Billie was mean! "

You were right! I just saw her as yet another divine drone doing what they were told. I guess there shouldn't be any surprises that the guy who whipped up the universe and humans and his own angels gave them all the same flaws and the same greedy need for power that Chucky had. He was just a broken god making broken toys that grew up and finally got fed up and kicked his A$$.

Yay, Humans!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Jensen doesn't have a widow's peak but Jarod has a really obvious one...I think seeing it reversed on them as kids is why I noticed it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 28, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"He was just a broken god making broken toys that grew up and finally got fed up and kicked his A$$."
Perfectly put.

I have one bloodshot eye this morning, the other isn't too bad, lol. Took me a long long time to get to sleep. But I'm perky this morning, just mustn't think too hard about it as I have to be in a mask for 3+ hours and you can't do that if you're sniffling!

Other than those practicalitites, I really can't wait to watch the behind the scenes. Particularly of Misha, I know nothing about him and I found Castiel's quiet contemplative nature bouying. I'm interested to know what Misha's like. And also if his real voice is as gravelly as Castiel's. Sometimes I thought he had a sort throat.