TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through April 06, 2023 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maggie is pregnant and Gary has cancer. Oh, and Anna's going to jail (I never liked her anyway--Eddie deserves better). Oh, and Tyrell is going to Yale after all, Rome doesn't have to quit his job and Kathryn and Greta got back together courtesy of Theo and Kathryn's mom. Happy endings for everyone (except possibly Gary). I think Sophie and Danny are gone next season. They no longer have storylines, and their mom is in France. Sophie's old enough to be on her own, but Danny's not, so back to "France" he goes.

Just have to add that we went to our trans friend's graduation party yesterday. It was very nice. His dad didn't show up. My son told me in the car that he overheard his friend talking to someone else about his dad being an "A-hole" (my son's word) over the transition. So sad. I explained to him that it would be hard for a parent at first to accept the "loss" of the child they loved, but most people should realize that their child is still the same person on the inside they always were. He said to me, "I'll always love and support Sam, no matter which gender he is. He's still the same on the inside." Gave my heart a throb. My son's 21, but on the ASD spectrum, so a little "younger" than his peers, but he's a good soul in his heart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read and enjoyed Jennifer Finney Boylan's book and enjoyed her being on Caitlyn's show too.

Jazz isn't filming now, but her brother (one of a pair of twins) is on Instagram all the time. Her sister is getting a second degree, one brother in law school, Jazz finished her first year at Harvard. Instagram brother is quite an outspoken ally and pushes back on what is happening in Florida all the time.

Julie, I know it has been something to deal with and it sounds like you have been there all the way for your son. That is pretty cool that he is liking the adam's apple, thanks to the hormones.

======

The show. Eddie may also be in trouble since he lied to police and others, giving Anna an alibi.

Yes, for many of them things wrapped up well but we are left with will Maggie stay pregnant? Gary had what they thought was a new breast cancer tumor, which was removed but was not cancer.. but, there is a tumor in the lung. They didn't mention if they will biopsy to determine if it is a primary tumor o lung cancer or, more likely breast cancer metastasized to the lung. But that is left hanging, in general.

Glad Rome was able to remind the father of Maddox that he just needed to go with the love of his child, as he know is and that seemed to happen (a bit accelerated for real life, but this isn't real life).

Nice to see Theo bring his grandmother around and for them to advocate for Kathryn.

Babyjax, your son sounds lovely and I've found that those on the spectrum often see things more clearly and cut through some cultural crap, more than supposed "normies".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, your son sounds lovely and I've found that those on the spectrum often see things more clearly and cut through some cultural crap, more than supposed "normies".

Sea, I've notice that, too. He doesn't seem to care about what others think of him or about trying to be "cool," so I think he is his genuine self all the time. He constantly amazes me. 💙

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
BJM, your son sounds like an awesome human!
Man they really like to wrap things up neatly on this show. Three episodes for the trans storyline? Two talks with Rome and the dad is good? I sure hope they don’t end this storyline now. My husband and I were on the same page from the start and absolutely accepting (albeit confused and yes, scared) and it would take at least a full season of AMLT to wrap our particular storyline up!! ;)
And just when I thought I was so super sick of Gary and Maggie (and I was super irritated that they were upset over ONE round of IVF not working) and then the cancer storyline hooked me and now I’m back to liking them and forgiving the ridiculousness of them not being more realistic about ONE round of IVF…

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I didn’t even pick up that they were upset over one round of IVF. I try not to judge how people react even though I definitely would be like “you have no idea”.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I imagine that any couple undergoing IVF starts out thinking it will work and woud be upset if the first try failed. Only as time goes on would they realize that this just isn't always what happens, one and done and that it is usually quite an effort and extremely stressful.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, when I was hoping to get pregnant, I used to hope every month that I was, only to be sad when I got my period. Finally, about a year and I half after we had been "trying," I was a couple of days late, so I went and bought a test. I'll never forget watching those pink lines appear and going, "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I had wanted a baby since I was a teenager, but my situation was never amenable to it, so I was over the moon to find myself pregnant at the age of 44 (45 when I delivered). My biggest fear was having a miscarriage, but everything worked out, and I have the sweetest boy in the world. I understand how someone would be sad that one round of IVF didn't work. It's not necessarily realistic, but you can still be disappointed and sad.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Good point about them being first timers. Though when we were going through IVF, I knew the chances of it working the first time were not really high. So I guess I assumed they would have done a little investing and would have been prepared. BUT then to know their time was super limited due to Gary’s time being super limited, I get it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Plus it's super expensive. Isn't IVF about $20k a pop, with no guarantees? I know there are some lucky people whose health insurance will cover the cost (I had a friend who used her health insurance that way), but that is rare.

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
Have missed it. Looking forward to tonight, it has been a long wait.Sad it's the final season.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Who was Doug?

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
He was a war buddy of Gary's dad. He saved his Dad's life. He was gay and he didn't want his family to know. Gary's dad took the picture of Gene, the guy they went to visit,from Doug's helmet when he was dying to give to Gene one day.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Thanks. They had to reach a little far to bring that storyline in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2023 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They had that story on a previous season, so it wasn't that far, reach-wise.

I am sorry it is ending but will enjoy this season.

Of course they had me thinking Gary had died in episode 1, for a minute there..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2023 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too! Those mean, old writers did that to us on purpose!!! 😉

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wait! Did I miss an episode?? How and when did Charlie come back? Why does she have no French accent? And where is her mom?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2023 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Julie, it was a bit of a jump, but last episode, Eddie called Delilah and mentioned how much he missed Charlie but she seemed to hang up on him.

I am thinking maybe some storylines will have jumps because this is the last season. So we can only guess that either Delilah offered to let Eddie have visitation for school vacations or maybe there was a lawsuit or threat of one? So, blam! there she was.. he also seems to have jumped ahead in his new relationship.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that makes sense to make such wide jumps if they only have like 10 (or?) episodes left. But then makes me wonder why they’d add a new storyline like Rome’s wife (can’t think of her name) and the politician. There was also seemingly a few lines cut when Theo was asking Eddie about how he knew the (forgot her name) lady who hit him. Theo asks a question then they cut to commercial and when they come back, Theo says “but that doesn’t explain…” so whatever Eddie answered was cut.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
1. How did Charlie come back to America?? Did they send her unaccompanied? Did they send Eddie to get her?
2. Why did Delilah not come back with her?
3. Did we ever find out if Gary works? If so, What does he do?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Gary is an Actuary - i think we discussed this a couple years ago...

Danny or Sophie could have gotten Charlie too..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Delilah told Eddie that her father's house was finally sold in one of the early episodes this season, e1 or e2, and Eddie said he wanted Charlie to visit. I think we're meant to assume she sent Charlie then, before finishing up with the move herself. They only went there for her (Delilah's) dad, as he had alzheimer's, and he died sometime last season I think. So Delilah's been there just trying to tidy everything up before moving back to the US for good. I think.

If we're meant to think about it, I think we're meant to assume Danny brought Charlie back.

Why did they give Delilah such a wild wig to make her look like she originally did?! She's been away for ages, so it's not like the character couldn't have changed her hairstyle.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Her hair looked very odd. Do we know why she was gone for so long?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I believe the actress lived in Canada, and travelled back and forth for filming, and when covid started she either couldn't travel or had to go through quarantine each way, so she'd either have to live away from her family, or take a break. She took a break.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is it:

quote:

“She has, for the first two seasons, lived away from her boys and from her husband,” executive producer DJ Nash told TVLine at the time. Her ability to work a few days and then fly home for the rest of the week “went away with COVID, because the second she stepped out of Canada, there was a 14-day reset,” he adds. “So we wrote her out for [Season 3], thinking, ‘Oh, she’ll be back.’ And then she said, ‘I really need to be with my family more, I don’t want to do all the episodes.’”

He added that he was glad to work out a solution that kept Szostak part of the series. “And that’s why I called [the Season 4 premiere] ‘Family First,’” he said, “because I really get it,” he says. “And that’s exactly what our show’s about.”

https://tvline.com/2023/03/29/a-million-little-things-delilah-returns-season-5-episode-9-photos/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
First think out of my husband's mouth...why does her hair look so weird...lol I agree with you all. Hair looked peculiar. And living in Paris she could have not only changed her hairstyle a dozen times...she could have completely changed the color too lol Certainly stylists on set had a better quality wig, if they felt it was needed.

Covid really changed or ended many of the shows/series that we watched, sadly