TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through November 08, 2022 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks SanFran re: Outer Range. I will keep it in my Watchlist.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw discussion about AMC+/Amazon and the latest TWD, Sincebb, and people were saying they couldn’t log into AMC+ directly… but it might be worth contacting AMC to check, and also alert them of the problem. Maybe the attention the AMC issue is getting will force Amazon to fix things.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Amazon did fix the AMC+ snafu after I contacted AMC+. It says in their FAQs that you can't sign directly in to AMC+ app with Amazon credentials but I guess it's worth asking tech

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, worth asking. Also I wonder if AMC (and Paramount+) care whether Amazon is messing up with their channels? Maybe they're happy as they think people will subscribe directly through them, but maybe if people blame P+ or AMC+ it's not good for them.

If lots of people let them know of the problem with Amazon it might help longterm.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I really liked Outer Range

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just watched The movie Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris. It's not free yet, you have to rent it.

"An ordinary woman dreams, of owning a Christian Dior gown leads her on a Parisian adventure where her unwavering spirit charms the elite people she meets. In 1950s London, a widowed cleaning lady falls madly in love with a couture Dior dress, deciding she must have one of her own. After working to raise the funds to pursue her dream, she embarks on an adventure to Paris that will change not only her own outlook -- but the very future of the House of Dior."

It's just a delightful film. Old fashioned and sweet. I need to balance all the murder mystery, documentary, zombie/vampire/, monster (real and fictional) with some old fashioned goodness

I also alternate with Call The Midwife on Netflix. Which usually has a good ending. It's like my food. I need something salty, something sweet, something tart...lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes SINCE, it is a wonderful film. The original film with the late Angela Lansbury is also a must-see.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 1:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I had actually been trying to find the original a long time ago. I could only find a blurry one on YouTube. When I saw they did a remake, you could only buy it...so I have been waiting to be able to rent it. I was hoping that they might bring it out again since she passed. But I still only find the blurry YouTube version

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mods, something has happened to this thread, too. Hope you have time to fix this. Appreciate it! 💙

We've been watching Season 7 of Shetland, which just came out a few weeks ago. The final episode of the season should post tonight (they only do 6 eps per season, those "lazy" Brits 😉).

Such a great show, if you haven't watched it. It follows the local police department on the Shetland Islands in Scotland. Each season follows a different case (episodes are not "stand alone"). The scenary, the writing and the actors are all outstanding. Hubby said when we started it the other night, "It's like seeing old friends again!" Exactly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just looked up Shetland on prime video and I can only watch the last two seasons for free. I have it on my list now as I love British detective stories so thanks for the heads up Babyjaxmom. Eventually I will end up with Acorn TV or Britbox.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting for the latest season of Shetland to be free. Same with Line of Duty, There She Goes, Keeping Faith and many other British shows. Especially the ones that tease me with the first episode or two being free. I'm talking to you This Is Going To Hurt and The Secrets She Keeps.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kappy, we have BOTH Acorn and BritBox. Nobody does the police procedural better than the Brits!

I love all those shows you named above, Sugar, especially Line of Duty. So good!!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the latest season of Ink Master on Prime. Even though I would not get a tattoo, I find the show fascinating with its competitions, it's battles between the contestants and the artistry of some tattoos.
I love just about any competition show,from baking shows to Forged in Fire and Making the Cut.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't think I saw anyone post about The Wheel Of Time?

Moiraine, a member of a magical organization, takes five young people on a journey, believing that one of them might be the reincarnation of the Dragon, a powerful individual prophesied to save the world or destroy it.

It's pretty good. I enjoyed it. Also really like Ring of Power. For some reason the first episode was not intriguing to me. I'm glad I followed my , watch at least 3 episode rule....,ended up loving it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nice to hear you liked both of those. I was pretty on the fence about watching them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I almost didn't continue with Ring of Power. I'm glad I did. The further you get in to it the more Hobbit like it became...and for me, that's a good thing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished the first 2 eps (of 6) of a British Mystery/Thriller (I say even a little horror) and it's pretty darn good!

The Devil's Hour
It's about a woman that keeps waking up a 3:33am every morning. She has a very strange son that shows no feelings and always seems to be talking to people that aren't there. He never laughs, cries, loves, nothing. She works for the police against child abuse cases and also seems to see flashes of bad things in the future.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I put that on my list, Naja. Thanks!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 2:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It’s 2:30am and I just finished watching episode one. I’m hooked. I hope I get some sleep.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha Rieann! Overall it was pretty good, but it took me a couple days of thinking about it for me to finally understand the ending!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just got an email that Prime music benefits have been added to the regular prime membership. You have to cancel your your "Unlimited Music" pay subscription on your own.

They must be trying to make the price increase hurt less.
----

What is Amazon Music for Prime Members?

Amazon Music provides Prime members with access to 100 million songs ad-free, the largest catalog of ad-free top podcasts, and thousands of playlists and Stations, included with Prime at no additional cost.

Need to cancel your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription?
Go to Your Amazon Music Settings.

Prime members can shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist from our expanded music catalog and discover new music based on your likes.

Prime members can pick and play songs from a curated selection of All-Access Playlists, on-demand with no skip limits, or download them to listen offline.

Offline listening is now only available for All-Access Playlists.

The improved Prime member benefits for Amazon Music are available on the Amazon Music web player, mobile and desktop app, and Echo* and devices.

* All-Access Playlists requested on Echo devices play in shuffle mode.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching From? It's on Paramount Plus or Prime. I finished the season, and I'm lost. Why they are stuck there, what is attacking them? As the season went along, it didn't answer many questions.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, It aired on on EPIX cable channel last winter. It's an EPIX original.

Several of us watched it and like it. No one knows any of those answers yet. I liked the ending.... A whole bus load showed up!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it. It's been a while since last seasons finale...so I may have forgotten something. "Why" they are stuck there hasn't really been revealed. There are some type of supernatural forces that trap people in the town. When they try to leave they end up back in town again. They are in some twilight zone, cut off, with no communication with the outside world.

The "what" is attacking them....they are some type of monsters that resemble humans. These monsters attack only after sundown and disappear again at sunrise. The only thing that keeps them safe at night is to have one of those carved talisman above the entrance of the home or wherever they are...that was mined from the cave that someone stumbled in to. The monsters kind of follows vampire rules?

I view this series much like Lost. They seem to take time to set up the characters. The plot moves slowly, but it keeps me interested. I'm hoping the second season goes more in to depth and answers some questions. I also hope they do not do as in Lost where we never got any answers as to what the monster was...except a wisp of black smoke lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I started watching From (some free episodes) and then stopped when I realized I'd have to pay to see the rest. Sounds like I didn't miss much if you watched the whole season and don't really know much more than I do after a couple eps!