TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through February 14, 2023 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started WEdnesday a couple of days ago. I'm loving it. The little girl playing Wednesday Addams is really good, and it's fun to see Christina Ricci. Lots of fun and sometimes makes me LOL. Reminds me a little of Harry Potter with the school for "special" children.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I literally finished it immediately. The "dance" was hilarious. Can not wait for next season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 23, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And here I am...same feeling as if I'm looking down at the empty bowl of ice cream that I was trying to savor and make last. Instead I gobbled it down.. and now there's nothing left. I feel satiated yet empty ...

Well, at least I know we have another season of Emily In Paris coming. I tried to pace myself. It didn't work lol

Loved hearing Phil Collins daughter, Lily aka Emily, finally sing. She has a great voice. No surprise. Ashley Park, Mindy, is fabulous as usual also.

I just love this series!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Ashley Park. She has an amazing voice. So glad Emily is back!

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recommendation re Wednesday. I absolutely loved it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Watched the second season of "Ginny & Georgia" over 2 days and loved it even more than the first season, I think! It had literally laugh out loud moments, but other parts literally ripped my heart out. And the final episode is NOT the end. Netflix better not cancel it now!!!!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
read a good review of Pressure Cooker. they described it as top chef in a circle fashion. Chefs live together and vote on each other out by judging each other's food with varying criteria.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Firefly Lane was just as good as season 1. It ended with kind of a cliffhanger, so they'd better renew it for a third season. It really is a sweet show about friendship.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/will-there-be-a-firefly-lane-season-3-2009971/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Watcher...it was great up until the last few episodes. I feel like I need to watch an explanation of the series. "Huh?", is how it left me. Lol If it weren't for the excellent actors in it...I might feel like I wasted my time...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Finished Inside Man with David Tennet and Stanley Tucci and did not care for it. Disjointed and poorly written. It ended with a an eye towards a second season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was going to watch it because I love Stanley Tucci. Then I read the reviews, which were horrible. You have just confirmed the reviews lol

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Oh wow - I loved the Inside Man!! I watched it in 2 days flat, and my husband watched it the next weekend - again in two days.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the Stanley Tucci bits of Inside Man were a bit more interesting and had potential. The David Tennet storyline was ridiculous and thoroughly unbelievable. That being said, the Janice character had some good moments.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh I think I am now addicted to Triviaverse. Trivia game that just appeared on Netflix... You can play it by yourself or you can play it With a partner....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Watching Lockwood & Co.

"A girl with psychic abilities joins two teen boys a the ghost-hunting agency Lockwood & Co. to fight the deadly spirits plaguing London, doing their best to save the day without any adult supervision"

It's pretty good. You don't have to wait for the action...starts off with a bang. It's no Stranger Things or Locke & Key...yet. I'm only on second episode, but I'm enjoying it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That sounds good, Sincebb1! I'll get on it after the Pro Bowl.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I'm Loving "Lockwood & Co."! It's more serious than I thought it would be, which I am glad about.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Figured you would like it

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Tonight new season of YOU! Can't wait! Plus it's in Paris!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love You! I can't wait to see what mayhem he will wreak on Europe!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're gonna wait and watch "You" once they drop Part 2 in March. Why do they do that? Split the season into two parts like that, when they usually drop all episodes at once on Netflix. We won't be able to remember what happend in Part 1 a month from now!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"We're gonna wait and watch "You" once they drop Part 2 in March. Why do they do that?"

I think it's a test to see how well a new strategy works. It might generate more buzz if viewers have to wait a month for part two.

When a streamer waits several months or year to air a "part 2" of something, I assume it's to wait for more content to be created. But, Netflix waiting for just one month to release You "part 2" sounds like a deliberate act of suspense building and/or nudging for more buzz and discourse to take place.

They could be seeking a fleeting moment of a "Who shot JR?" type of attention.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't mind. I was able to binge the first five eps and don't feel like I have to watch all 10 right away to avoid spoilers. I'm glad I only have to wait a month!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It must be ME not YOU....lol I just can't seem to get in to this season of YOU as I did with the previous. My husband keeps falling asleep. Joe Goldberg is so verbose and the actor has such a monotone voice...

I'm not enjoying it as much as before. Although I like the twist. He is now trying to find who is responsible for the murder that was supposed to be pinned on him.

I haven't watched all 5 episodes. I have to wait for sleepy head to wake up...lol