TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through March 29, 2023 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I also hoped the MoC might have disappeared. Nope :-(. I will watch e15 and probably e16 tonight.

If someone had posted that third picture without a caption I'd have sworn it was Andrew Lincoln. In general Andrew's just a little bit prettier than Martin, little more twinkle. Maybe Andrew is looking for a body double :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just finished ep 16...pretty good, a MOTW with more BM...

It made me wonder...with so much focus on god and religion and angels and showing them in such a bad light, I wonder if there was any backlash from religious groups when it originally aired. I never heard of any at all, but sometimes you hear about some remark in some show and suddenly there's a boycott or something. In Supe, celestial figures are mostly just another brand of monster but it didn't seem to raise the ire of the likes of Falwell.
---
Yes that third pic...I purposely cropped out the bottom of his face...it ruined the illusion. Of course what you see is all "Martin" without any photoshop, just the crop. Much of the time he doesn't look like Lincoln at all, but then he turns his head and light hits him a certain way and voila', there's Rick for a few seconds!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I did watch e15 and 16, so we are caught up for now :-).

I think the Falwell types might never have realised angels were in the mix as monsters. The first angel we see is Castiel and he's good, so if that piqued their interest they might have approved of the portrayal, then not paid attention with the rest of the series.

Yes, they truly are simply a different breed of monster at this point. Some are good, but it seems like most only appeared good because they thought they'd get in trouble if they weren't.

It reminds me of the anti-atheist argument, which tends to be "if you don't believe in god, there's nothing to stop you being bad." Well, to some of us being good just seems like the right thing to do. A lot of the angels seem to miss that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've seen 17 and 18.

In 17, when a guy named Oliver answers the door and sees Castiel he has confused look on his face and they have a short exchange that made me LOL.

"I think the Falwell types might never have realised angels were in the mix as monsters."

Odd....he knew Tinky Winky was gay before I knew what a Tinky Winky was! Btw, Tinky W. only got targeted by Falwell because carried a red handbag.

"Well, to some of us being good just seems like the right thing to do. A lot of the angels seem to miss that."

I see angels as beings created to do a job so they followed orders and did their jobs...but they never had social upbringing like humans do...years in school learning how to get along with others, the give and take one needs to have successful relationships of all kinds. That makes us what we are. Angels are good at smiting, but emotional nuance? Not so good.

Now their creator is gone and they are trying to lead themselves. It's like Lord of the Flies up there now!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think the Falwell types might never have realised angels were in the mix as monsters."

Well, to their credit, they didn't overlook going after Harry Potter, that evil, devil worshiping, wand carrying, demon child from hell... <eye roll>

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
E17 "I repeat, the Bobbys are surly!" Who knew there would be a Bobby corridor in heaven?! I hope Bobby's punishment isn't too bad.

Yes, the psychic guy who couldn't read Castiel. If you're a psychic and talking to the dead, wouldn't you have to believe in a god? I suppose there could be a deity free heaven, just a ~ring~ of free spirits or something.

When the corridor of Bobbys were rioting, did they focus on one briefly, and it was the the Metatron actor? I wonder what that's about.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Who knew there would be a Bobby corridor in heaven?!"

LOL That was a hoot. I never thought about how many Bobby Singers there could have been who lived, died, and went to Heaven sometime since the beginning of forever.

"When the corridor of Bobbys were rioting, did they focus on one briefly, and it was the the Metatron actor?"

I went back and checked that...I did see a guy near the back of the crowd with a similar body type and similar (but much better) hair, but he wasn't nearly as ugly as our "bridge-troll-y" Metatron. :-)

There was also a guy in a suit whose face was kind of the same structure as Metatron's, but this guy was much younger and better looking and when he walked out of frame close to the camera, his profile reminded me of Titus Welliver.

Metatron really looks like a filthy bum/troll but none of the Bobbys struck me as looking a tinge of trollishness! There were a lot of beards though.:-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"If you're a psychic and talking to the dead, wouldn't you have to believe in a god?"

Simple. Hypothetically, if you can believe in god, but not believe in ghosts (which applies to millions of people IRL), then why can't you believe in ghosts but not believe in god? :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think I was linking ghosts with heaven - clearly too much exposure to Supernatural :-) - whereas the concept of an afterlife isn't necessarily linked to a god.

Also that episode: they stole Metatron's grace! They should have thought of that before, it looked pretty simple to do! And maybe the story will lead to Castiel getting his grace back... and if it doesn't, he can use some of Metatron's.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Also that episode: they stole Metatron's grace!"

They stole it to make Metatron human and they shot him in his now human leg. That makes Metatron weak and powerless....and apparently lactose intolerant! LOLOLOLOL

The whole plan was for Cass to take Metatron so Metatron could get what he needed to lead Cass to the last remaining bit of Cass's grace that Metatroll stole from him.

Metatron's grace would only be a temp solution anyhow...I think Cass is already on his second tankful of grace from other angels (he killed one angel for it and then later Hannah gave him hers after she returned to her human life). This keeps him going but it starts to get used up like gas in a car so he has to fill'er up all the time.

If Cass gets his own grace back it can re-power him and replenish itself so he won't need to keep using other angels's grace....and he'll be back to normal.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just watched a couple more, and have now watched up to E21. Can't believe we've watched almost all of S10 in a week!

I can't say much about the plot in case you haven't watched yet, what happened is too significant. But two things:

1) blatant Microsoft "Surface" product placement!

2) Sam keeps saying how much worse Dean is, and for the most part I just don't see it. He's always been a bit of a slap first ask questions later sort of guy. Maybe I've become accustomed to the violence, but he seems to be handling it well until the fight gets really bad. And he's also handling very well the fact that it's clear Sam doesn't trust him at all, and is keeping things from him. I'd have thought that would drive him a little crazy. Not sure Sam's making good choices either and I don't like the deal he's made...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I've just watched a couple more, and have now watched up to E21. Can't believe we've watched almost all of S10 in a week! "

We seem to be on the same track. I watched an ep or 2 and saw that I was up to 21, so I figured "Why not?" and devoured the rest of the season! And then I couldn't help myself and I was forced to watch ep 1 season 11 and have started ep 2. Who "forced" me? Must've been my desires and lack of discipline....nobody else was here. :-)

"I can't say much about the plot in case you haven't watched yet, what happened is too significant."

Well, I've seen them now and I can say that the last 2-3 eps of season 10 got significanter and significanter, each ep topping the one before!

BIG stuff happened. Some folks are gone and new ones arrived and....you'll have a very clear and noticeable closeup shot of Crowley's red smoke...and the world has become a crazy shitshow.

I may be exaggerating, but then chaos can be described as a shitshow, right? I'd say "All hell has broken loose", but, this being Supernatural, I can't say that because it could be taken literally....and that would be wrong.

Bottom line: Humanity is in hot mess.

Btw, I'm a Mac user...I have no idea what a Microsoft "Surface" product is.

Clue: Who knew that it was a "quince' all along?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Microsost Surface was their first laptop where you could either touch the screen or use the keyboard. There have been several lingering shots on Charlie swiping the icons on the screen, and then the last one was her folding the cover into a stand and attaching the click on keyboard.

I watched s10e22 on the treadmill, then had a shower and watched e23 just now, then had to start S11e1 but came to my senses after five minutes as I have to go out.

They killed Death... surely that in itself has consequences. At first glance the Darkness didn't seem as bad as I guessed it would be. And what's Rowena done to Castiel?! I don't know what to think... here we go again. I almost wonder if it would have been "better" if Dean killed Sam... or more to the point, the boys are going to wonder if it had been better if Dean killed Sam. Gotta dash.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And what's Rowena done to Castiel?!"

So much happened in those several minutes of action, I totally missed that moment with Castiel's bloody eyes so I had to rewatch that bit.

I found a recap, but I advise you not to....it was at a place that has spoilers visible in links on the page that point to other articles on the site and that can give away Supe secrets a few seasons ahead of us!

But there was this one single line explaining what Rowena did to Cass:

------
At the church, Rowena frees herself and immobilizes Crowley and Castiel. She enchants Castiel into a berserk and sets him on Crowley, and walks out.
-------

That's all the recap said about Rowena doing something to Castiel. It seems to me that she just triggered him to release all his rage on whomever catches his attention at that moment...and that she did it just to distract Cass and Cowley while she makes a getaway.

My take on it is that it isn't a permanent thing and Cass will probably just snap out of it like people do when they blow up at someone. Of course, it's more dangerous when the one doing the blowing up is a being with the power that can snap a neck with a snap of the fingers!
----

I looked around and found that a "berserk button" is a tv trope and it refers to triggering a person, causing him or her to become a crazy berserker.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BerserkButton

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just watched s11e1 and e2. When you said earlier it had all gone to hell you weren't overstating, although if you had said that I would have indeed taken it literally. Jeez.

Sam was right when he said "when did we get so bad at this?" I know it's not just them, it's what's around them, but they just keep on acting first, asking questions later. Sam saved the day (or one part of the day) although I'm not quite sure who those crazies were, I guess some after effect for those in the bad juice of the Darkness cloud. Castiel somehow got enough angel mojo back to defeat the others - and boy have those angels gone off the rails - and seems to be weakened but not berserk anymore.

And Dean is just going to keep the new mark a secret now? Or tell them he's linked to Ms Darkness? Ha and Crowley jumping right in there with the chance to feed her up with souls. Straight away I realised the baby was a baddy I knew it had to grow up quickly, you can't be fighting a cute little baby!

Maybe with the infection thing gone it's not as manic as it seems, and it's just a new big bad, and an invigorated Crowley. At least Dean and Sam seem a bit more stable.

I need more BMs. Preferably with Cass in the mix.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if you've got to S11E4 yet, but it's called "Baby." I'm sure you know what that means!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sam was right when he said "when did we get so bad at this?" I know it's not just them, it's what's around them, but they just keep on acting first, asking questions later."

I'm giving them a break...after all, they are dealing with things they never heard of before and lets face it...they're getting old. Sammy looked like he was 16 when the show started!) If you go by the eps, they have aged about 10 years since January when we started watching it! heheheh

"And Dean is just going to keep the new mark a secret now? Or tell them he's linked to Ms Darkness?"

"New" mark? Did I miss Dean getting a new mark??? Or, do you mean the one on Amara and/or the one on the baby?

Btw this is not a spoiler (as in, it hasn't been specifically pointed out but it's so obvious to me...) but just in case, into the black box it shall go:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Have you noticed that Amara...from the Darkness...has the MoC, AND that the baby, who is named Amara (and who was born the same time the Darkness was released), also has the MoC? I don't remember the baby at all, but I know Amara's origin story and that did not include a baby! (The tween girl is familiar after I saw her, but no details, though) But it seems to me they may be one and the same, but I don't actually remember that...but I can't say for sure that my subconscious didn't remember it either. I'm thinking that maybe the baby survived to become her meatsu...,er um...fast-growing-baby-meatsuit! Those factoids were all in those episodes, but they never surmised that particular possible connection! Another clue that supports this, and has already been mentioned on the show is... that there is only ONE MoC and Cain gave it to Dean and Dean had to give it to another to get rid of it, and unwittingly gave it to Amara. That leaves one obvious question: A)Are there two Mark of Cain marks, B)Are there two Amara's?, or C)Amara is an entity meant to use baby Amara as a host?

Keep in mind, if I am right it's a big spoiler....but, all the clues came from shows you have already seen.

Let me know if you read the box.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, my next episode to watch is ep 4.

I've seen up to the point when a young tween girl accepted candy from a stranger and then got into his car! (Gee, I wonder if he'll survive?) :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the baby is the physical manifestation of the woman in the smoke when the Darkness came. I think she was born the moment of the smoke, per the dad's description, and actually is already the Darkness, rather than just the vessel the Darkness will take when she's full grown (which won't be long by the speed of it!).

For the mark, I must have mistyped earlier, yes, I meant would Dean tell Sam that the baby has the mark. But the story has moved on now, at the time I thought perhaps the baby/girl would stay a minor plot, like a secret Dean had. But nope, doesn't look that way!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was thinking meatsuit, but now I think it's more likely that it could be that little Amara is the corporal version of darkness-Amara just absorbing all of big Amara's knowledge and memories. She's not the darkness YET, but she's kind of the "twilightness". When she's grown up and understands her full existence and power she'll be big Amara and big Amara will be toast.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Has big Amara appeared since Dean saw her in the smoke? I don't think she has, just in Dean's flashback memories.

I don't think big Amara exists anymore, just baby/young Amara, but I agree that young Amara needs to grow in experience/power to truly manifest as the Darkness, so Twilightness is a good word for her :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah...that was a flashback...I just remembered seeing her again but I didn't notice what I was remembering was a memory (AKA flashback).

I also remembered something later about her that ruled out the babymeatsuit angle. :-) I'll bring that up sometime later, at a less spoilery time.

And that time might be sooner than I expect. A LOT of stuff I remembered about Supe has shown up a lot sooner in the series than I expected...a couple of things showed up a couple of seasons earlier than I thought they would.

I finished ep 4.

"so Twilightness is a good word for her"

At this point, I'd say soul-eating-monster-brat is a better word for her! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she doesn't seem to have any good features at all!

I really enjoyed the concept of e4 with Baby. The first half/third was especially nice, like a behind the scenes/action peek of the brothers just being brothers, then it got more like a regular episode. And they bashed up poor Baby at the end, although we know that she is always miraculously back to normal almost immediately :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think this is on HULU but I'm not positive:

A Very Special Supernatural Special

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4074772/

--------

If you can, you should watch it now. It's a 1 hr retrospective for seasons 1-10, interviews with the stars and producers, etc...lots of fun and no spoilers unless it happened BEFORE season 11 began!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" And they bashed up poor Baby at the end,"

I was especially impressed by all the struggling and fisticuffs that took place inside Baby! It was claustrophobic to see three people duke out in that car....almost like seeing a fight between Ah-nuld Swartzeneggar and The Rock taking place in a Mini Cooper. (Well, maybe not THAT tight but it was a tight squeeze for 1 fist fight among 3 people with 6 fists flying everywhere.)