TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hulu Original Shows: Archive through January 14, 2023 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, that sounds interesting, Naja. I'll add it to my (already long) list of things I need to watch.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched A Merry Frickin' Christmas. Mostly because I recognized that Robin Williams is in it. He's my favorite.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recommendation, Naja. I watched the whole season before yesterday was over. Compelling story...I recommend it, too.

There is a somewhat similar theme in two movies I've seen recently. I put them in a spoiler box so it wouldn't spoil any new "Kindred" viewers.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
"Antebellum" (2000) and "Alice" (2022)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Kindred. It was great! What a cliffhanger they left us with.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched "Castle Rock"? I just watched Season 1 and found it very confusing. Even after reading synopses online. It was pretty good, but confusing. I've read that Season 2 has very little to do with Season 1, so it will probably be confusing too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just watched Little Fires Everywhere. Is there a season 2. I googled and still don’t know.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is no season 2, Lakecat.
If you go to a show's IMDB page, it shows how many seasons a show has under the title thumbnail at the top left.

You'll see "Season: 1"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8089592/reference/

Or you can type into google "Little Fires Everywhere episode guide"
and it says how many seasons under the show name.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Little+Fires+Everywhere+episode+guide.../

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hackagirl, I watched a couple of episodes of Castle Rock a couple of years ago. I also found it very confusing. So much so, that I gave up after a couple of episodes.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I tried to read up on it. Stephen King likes the parallel/alternate universes themes. So that is some of it. Still makes it confusing. I remember the young boy character in the first Dark Tower book, saying, "Go then there are other worlds than these." Don't know if I want to watch Season 2. I will probably at least try an episode or two, maybe.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn I saw pictures of the cast walking the red carpet for season 2, it just seems a little unfinished. Like the storyline of the baby May Ling and what happens to Izzy?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Little Fires was based on a book and ended where the book ended, so I doubt there will be a second season.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 07, 2023 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finished Season 2 of Castle Rock. It was pretty good, but also finished up completely different from how it started. Good prequel for "Misery" maybe.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 07, 2023 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's exactly what it was, Heckagirl631. A prequely to Misery. It's been awhile since I watched it, but I loved it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Watching Nine Perfect Strangers. It never grabbed me to watch when it came out last year. I have 2 more episodes to go. Definitely weird and different. Content may not be for everyone. I was pleasantly surprised how good of a dramatic actor Melissa McCarthy is.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked it because of Melissa, I’ll watch anything she’s in. I ended up liking all the cast. The last few episodes were a mess but I enjoyed it for the most part. If you liked her in this try The Starling on Netflix.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We loved The Starling. Watched it a few months back. It was good. I loved Melissa McCarthy on Gilmore Girls, but can't stand her comedy. I'm not a fan of slapstick, but prefer more subtle comedy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished Kindred. Wow! It was a cliffhanger, Sincebb1! I'm hoping they'll come back with another season. It was really hard and sad to watch at times, but it was really good. Sure hope they come back!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Babyjaxmom I really hope Kindred returns!

Just finished 9 Perfect Strangers. Really love how it ended. It wrapped up all the characters nicely.

I absolutely loved the theme song and the intro. Usually I can't wait to skip or fast forward through that. I actually watched it a few times because it's so soothing. Was wondering who sang the song. Turns out it's Keith Urban.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ll have to go back and listen to the song. Haven’t see Kindred offered on Hulu or know what it’s about. I’ll go look it up. I just finished Shrill. I wasn’t familiar with the star bc I don’t watch Sat Night Live. I liked it and the actress.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lake Kindred is about a young black woman Dana, a who is suddenly and inexplicably transported from her home in 1970s California to the pre–Civil War South. As she gets bounced back and forth she has to navigate being a black women in that time of history while trying to figure out if she is there for a purpose.

When she is back in her her time she has to navigate the recent death of her mother, her aunt thinking she is suffering from hallucinations...just like her late mother and nosy neighbors alla Bewitched Gladys Kravitz. Well, they do witness some craziness.

I burned through it!

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Kindred is the first series that has me thinking I may need to go buy the book, cause I don't know if I can wait years to see how it all plays out. I read elsewhere that the first season only covered the first 3 chapters of the book, and it definitely left me wanting MORE!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I binged all of "Welcome to Chippendales" this weekend. It was good. Apparently, it was based on a true story, too. Had to lookup who played Irene, as I knew she looked familiar. She was from "B Positive." Gina, right? I thought I saw the twin towers in the background, too. But I'm pretty sure this was filmed after they came down. Must've been a different twin towers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, it was Gina. And you might have seen the Twin Towers. This whole story took place when they were still standing. They can do anything with video.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, love both of those actors, Kumail Nanjiani and Annaleigh Ashford

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am loving Chippendales! I remember going there in the 80s. I also went to a few of the spin off places because the music and dancing was great after the shows.

I didnt realize Dorothy was there at the beginning. Such a tragic loss

Hecka, this was in LA, so that was the downtown LA skyline not towers...unless they go to new york in later eps. I am on ep 2