TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through March 06, 2023 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Only quibble I had. I thought they should've gotten Clay Aiken to sing Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, sadly Simon dislikes Garfunkel and always has. I was hoping that one days when they were old and gray...they might just want to do another reunion....but Simon put the cabash on that. Since they are both 81...I'm giving up hope.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/according-to-art-garfunkel-it-seems-unlikely-that-simon-and-garfunkel-will-ever-reunite/ar-AA15xwef

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
New Season of returning series ALERT for first half of January

Fantasy Island Jan 2
America's Got Talent AllStars Jan 2
Tough As Nails Jan 4
Your Honor Jan 13
Mayor Of Kingstown Jan 15

Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches: Season 1 Jan 8

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The new Will Trent mystery show starts tonight on ABC. I’ve read a number of Karin Slaughter books before, so I’ll take time to watch it. I’m sure I’ve read the Will Trent mysteries before, but it’s probably been awhile. The previews show the lead actor as a bit overbearing though. Hope that doesn’t continue in the actual show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Will Trent was pretty good. Not sure I care for the lead actor, but lots of twists and turns, which is good for a mystery series.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did enjoy it as well Kookliebird. It didn't slow down while it established the characters.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wish it was on earlier though. I was still trying to figure out who had the daughter when I went to bed and couldn’t sleep. I have an idea of who might be behind the abduction, but will keep it to myself.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There is a new show. The Parent Test. It's on ABC and on hulu.

"12 families are put under the microscope and ultimate parenting stress test that compares multiple styles of parenting"

Traditional, Intensive, Disciplined, Child-led, New Age, High Achievement, Helicopter, Strict, Natural, Routine, Free Range, Negotiation. Who knew there were so many "styles". I just looked at it always like there are good parents and there are bad parents lol

It is interesting to see all the different ways the parents deal with the same task. I don't think any of the parents on the show are "bad" parents. They all care about their kids. And that's the most important thing

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, what people sometimes forget is that every child is different, so what one child needs in the way of parenting is not necessarily what another child needs. I was always very independent, self-motivated and outgoing. My brother was almost exactly the opposite of that. Same parents different kids. Parents need to be sensitive to that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that too. It's interesting because they have different cultures, different situations etc. Certainly I could sit there and pick out a few things that each parent did that I would incorporate in raising my kids.

One of the little girls has a 170 IQ already. Of course her parents are the "intensive parenting" style. You know what would be interesting? If the kids all rotated through all of the other households to experience the different styles. Obviously though I don't think any of the parents would trust any of the other parents with their kids lol

They do have some interesting exercises though. They had a "yes" day where the parents had to say yes to everything the child asked. They tested the children by having somebody knock on the door to see if the child would answer it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
AAARRGGH

why is radio times recommended to me? The article spoiled the call the midwife which is apparently on in England now. In the title to the article appearing was a big bold major spoiler and there under "other stories" is another.

I won't spoil it for you, but pretty annoying.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if anyone watched True Lies. I have it on my DVR but didn't know if it was worth watching or should I remove the season pass.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was great!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Awesomeness!!! It looked good so I set the season pass (but then a lot of shows look good in previews and sorely disappoint and never make it past the first episode on my DVR).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought it was fast paced and I really liked the actors. Lots of nods to the movie but they changed up Helen's character a little, which I think works better for a weekly tv series. The FB page has a lot of haters, they wanted Jamie Lee lol

the new Harry looks like he could be related to Arnold!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This discussion has me interested enough to check it out. Loved the movie way back when.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I recommend it :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the other new show that is pretty good stars Jack from This is Us and 2 actors from Prison Break it is called The company you keep. It is pretty good, not as fast paced as True lies but I like it

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Company You Keep is really fun too.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have both of those on my DVR

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow this is so interesting. It has a very low rating on IMDb. I want to watch it now, based on the positive comments here. I can find out where, but where is it?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I only watched first episode of each...and granted I was dozing off. I found they were ok. I think I just felt like they weren't as interesting as I had hoped. I can see though how many people would really like these 2 series. They are cute

Jimmer The Company You Keep is on ABC/HULU. True Lies is on CBS/ Paramount+

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know what looks good? Citadel. Seems spy series are the next wave. You know how we always get all police series, or all zombie, or medical etc. It gave me Blacklist vibes. But then I'm a sucker for anything with Stanley Tucci.