TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through October 05, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not really enamored of it either. It's a tired story line (hospital gets taken over by new difficult person). Wish they would be more original.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They are doing the same thing on New Amsterdam. And most hospitals are run for profit. They get donations, but most of them run on insurance payments and copays. Everything is about money.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Intense episode last night!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not happy with the direction.

And having automated everything.. when you are around hospitals a lot, it is nice to interact with people and that often included volunteers in gifts shops and in other areas like front desk areas, but also it is reassuring for patients to see the same people when they come in and leave.

Having expired medications should lead to investigations... in real life.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Putting aside how terrible the Salem/CEO storyline was, there were some “This is Us” reality kind of moments in last night’s episode for me..at least when it came to Shaun and Glassman talking about risking everything Shaun has worked for.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh no! :-( Did I miss an episode yesterday?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The last couple of episodes have been blah in some aspects but with good moments. Glad the Salen storyline concluded last night, but nice to see Morgan show her soft side again momentarily.

Shaun definitely would have risked a lot if the public protest happened.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Legal, I was able to binge the 3 eps I missed, tonight On Demand. 😀 It was excellent and immersive. Although the Salen storyline was a bit too neatly and suddenly, tied up with what felt like a rushed ending. However I am glad that irritating storyline is done.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So glad Salen is gone (but is she though? It was so sudden, I hope she doesn't rear her ugly head again). That was a frustrating and painful (to watch) storyline. Now where will they go from here?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just wanted her gone.. and didn't care if it made sense or not.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope she's truly gone. But it was so sudden, I'm wondering if they're going to bring her back again. Ugh. What a horrible character.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I THINK THE ACTOR WHO PLAYS LEA MAY BE PREGNANT.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Paige Spara has not disclosed that she is pregnant. There has been no statement from the actress indicating that she is pregnant.

The celebrity has not yet married. However, Paige is now engaged to her long-term boyfriend.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OG I was thinking she might be pregnant well.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Really good finale! Apparently they really wanted to make us cry, too!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
At least with ER you only waited a week for this specific type of cliffhanger...

i knew something terrible was going to happen but did not suspect that....

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they were happy tears up until the end of the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
i knew something terrible was going to happen but did not suspect that....

Legal, me too! Just minutes before I had told hubby, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.

"I have a bad feeling about this." -- Han Solo

Even while I was laughing at Sean bouncing in circles around Leah on the dancefloor/roog. His behaviors remind us so much of our Autistic son, he makes us laugh. What a great actor he is!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, good finale but the bad thing wasn't what I expected at all.. and I should have had more of a sense of foreboding about the domestic violence situation.

I had thought Glassman might die at the wedding, from some snippet of preview. And I didn't want that.

Now at the end if she yelled Code Blue.. where were the responses?? (Maybe over the summer? Or is the actress out of the show?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing about staff - people would have been working even if the characters we know were on the roof...where was everyone when she yelled Code Blue. It definitely did not have the same intensity as Carter and Lucy on ER - one of my personal all time "moments" of any TV show that I have rewatched way too many times... but we barely got to know the nurse which is why although it was a surprised to have the attack, its not a surprised that it happened given the domestic violence storyline. On ER, not only did we know Carter much longer (middle of season 6) but we had seen Lucy over two seasons, including the backdrop of doing a rotation in the psych ward so we had that stronger connection when she was then treating the patient in the ER who she thought needed a psych consult... we had almost no storyline in Good Doctor in being able to connect with the nurse and see her ex...I mean we "knew" what was going on, but we had almost no time as viewers to start to care about the character...

Glassman - i was worried he would fall off the roof or something....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good points, Legal.. wow, I hadn't thought about Lucy on ER for years, but that brought it back!

I also remember when Derek was killed by failure to do a CT on Grey's Anatomy and we could hear his thoughts that he couldn't say out loud to get them to do the right thing. THAT was also a character I had known for years and very difficult.

What I got about the Good Doctor ending was from the training I went through at the WTLC (Women's Transitional Living Center) here in Orange County is that you cannot be too careful in domestic violence situations and that locations MUST be kept secret and they have to be really careful because women so often will return more than once in an abusive situation and they may reveal a location which might put other women in peril. And this was almost casual, having her stay at the doctor's home.. and it put both of them in danger.

I once went on a call as a rape crisis counseelor when a woman had come to an ER about domestic violence. The officer who called our hotline talked to me, too and said he had tried to help this woman more than once and we could only hope that this time she would not go back. He looked sad and shrugged an said they did what they could and ues, it was hard when they went back and the fear was always that this time when they went back, it would be lethal.

This show didn't really go very deep into the subject.. maybe there will be more next seasons, which I gather is the last season, so maybe more main characters will be jumping ship in various ways.

I did enjoy the wedding, except that I was holding my breath worrying about Glassman.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So what did everyone think? It picked right up where it left off.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
FREDDIE SHOULD AT LEAST GET AN EMMY NOMINATION FOT THAT EPISODE...HE WAS WONDERFUL IN IT!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
IA