TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through March 01, 2023 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But now Castiel is dead, or turned into leviathans or something! How is that an improvement!! He did briefly repent, so I guess there's that. "

Well, I did say:

"A lot of stuff is exacerbated and/or resolved."

resolved: Cas repented when he got rid of the leviathens that made him so manic with delusions of grandeur.

exacerbated: Cas is leviathan free, but the leviathans were set loose in the water supply, and the show is apparently missing a Cas.

This show is very well balanced. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I found a really funky divider in one of the last 10ish episodes of s6, but when I tried to take a screenshot the frame kept coming out black, so I gave up on showing you! It was a good one! I wonder if they have a dedicated divider person on staff :-).

The pressure of monster hunting sure does put some lines on your forehead!

The Wild West time travel episode... I watched that while we were discussing the more complicated time travel of the Titanic episode (where time was undone then - allegedly - fixed). It occurred to me that any of these little trips back before 1973 could cause a ripple if the writers wanted it that way. But I still would really like The Winchesters writers to address it, I think when you have fans that care about these sort of things you should help them along. A bit like The Walking Dead writers, if you remember I was obsessed with the timeline for many seasons, and the writers were really good at giving exposition that gave almost the exact time that had passed. Then they abandoned it and everything got really inconsistent, and they annoyed so many people who like me had spent a lot of energy on working things out. But maybe The Winchesters are all set to reveal it in one of the episodes that hasn't aired yet. I can wait... or get too bored waiting to care ;).

Hmmmm "balanced" maybe but I would rather one side of the scales had a happy bouncy Cass in it :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"and no body means no death in these sort of shows."

Don't forget this is Supernatural- sometimes even a body means no death. :-)

The unpredictability of this show is one of the reasons I like it so munch.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" But maybe The Winchesters are all set to reveal it in one of the episodes that hasn't aired yet. I can wait... or get too bored waiting to care ;)."

I already don't care. :-) (I don't think TW cares either)

TW just isn't good enough for me to feel invested in the characters. Yeah, they're good people, diverse, and "doing the right thing", etc... but they're way too serious ALL the time. They're so one dimensional and so far, they don't elicit much empathy from me. I wish they did. When I first heard about this prequel I expected TW to carry on the adventure soundly established by Supe, but so far it has fallen flat.

The best thing about it is that it prompted me to start the re-watch of the original Sup!

Btw, I'm still watching TW but only because it's in the Supe world (a version of it, at least). Maybe it will get better but someone would need to go back in time and give them more heart and a sense of humor. If a cupid showed up, that would help!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Exactly, heart and humour. Both in abundance in Supe and not in TW.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You should write a fan letter to your TV crush, Jensen Ackles, and tell him to do something. :-) (He's one of the executive producers on TW, along with a Daneel Ackles...wife?)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And ask him to go back in time to 2011 and write Cass back into the season 7 Supe episodes :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOL I know...he seems to have dropped off the map...all that's left is his old trench coat freshly dunked in leviathan water!

Here is some info if you want a little spoiler-ish info without mentioning plot points or twists:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I have watched through ep 12 of S07 and Cas is still not around! However they don't seem to be worried at all as they go out on MOTW jobs. I didn't remember this disappearing act from when I saw it back in 2011, so the only explanation I can come up with now is that Cas has a history of taking off for awhile doing angel crap or whatever (and not checking in) but he always comes back. often in the nick of time to save the boys. If the boys aren't worried sick, we shouldn't be either. Hope letting you know he's still MIA in ep 12 wasn't too much of a spoiler...I can justify it by saying I didn't reveal what's going to happen, but I did give up something that didn't happen. Does that work?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
season 7 episode 9

Pay attention to Bobby when he hears a remark referring to "chicken geezer salad". His intensely subtle expression cracked me up.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've still only seen e1 and e2, but I thought the boys just think he's dead, or at least in a state that isn't Cass right now, but could possibly be resurrected by some entity at a later date. So it's not so much they're not worried sick, but that they think it's beyond their control.

I hope they washed the stinky leviathan smeared coat, ready for his return :-).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I would like to qualify my earlier statement: Everything is better with cheese EXCEPT HUMANS!!! Yuk!

I saw the Amy Pond episode. Yes, had to be a tribute name given the popularity of Amy Pond on Dr Who back in 2011. I was surprised by Dean at the end, having just been through the separation from Lisa and Ben, and now he ganks someone he knows is the boy's sole parent despite her almost-always-not-killing behaviour. And then doesn't gank the son, who he knows already needs blood, so a) how's he going to get blood without his mother the mortician and b) isn't this just going to make him more likely to need to and think it's ok to kill for it? Wasn't sure about that thinking, Dean.

And I'm guessing the son is the boy you mentioned as coming back later in the series. Who can blame him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Everything is better with cheese EXCEPT HUMANS!!! Yuk!"

Tell that to a Leviathan....then run like your life depends on it! LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And I'm guessing the son is the boy you mentioned as coming back later in the series. Who can blame him."

Yep...all I remember is seeing an episode where a boy who's (several years?) older than the kid in this ep is confronting Dean and says something like "You don't remember me? You killed my mother right in front of me."

I don't remember the circumstances of their future meeting or when or why it happens. I just remember that one (PP)line and then trying to think back and remember Dean doing this...but our prolific monster-killing Dean has killed so many monsters it was impossible to narrow it down to a specific one. (I am really bad at picking up on foreshadowing.)

I admit, I do give Dean a little slack on this because the Monster known as Amy Pond did kill three humans and her own mother before AFTER young boy Sammy let her go....and those three people were someone's children, siblings, and/or parents, too. Still, I think his letting the boy go was also kind of a sudden moment of clarity in Dean's understanding of Sammy's actions and POV.

It makes me think of real soldiers today who are fighting in a war. Every decision to pull the trigger could save and/or cause the loss of a whole lot of other lives...or their own. War is said to be hell for a reason....and this is a supernatural war with the lives of humanity itself at stake...but I do really hate thinking of this show as reflecting real life.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dean's also not had old Sammy (with soul) back until recently, and without him he does tend to make more logic based rather than heart based decisions. Plus they've been through such trauma. And he's just exhausted.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, our Dean is actually growing up a little...but you'd never know it when you see him eating a turkeyducken sandwich...(he eats like a 4 year old!) :-) season 7 ep 9

But before that tiny tease happens you'll see a "Buffy the Vampire" mini-reunion when Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters (AKA Cordelia and Spike) show up in ep 5.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if this season was when Supernatural became really popular for sci-fi fans. Those two guest stars and then "Amy Pond" was actually Jewel Staite (Kaylee) from Firefly.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I recognized Kaylee when I first saw her and then suddenly she was Amy Pond and her Firefly stint never crossed my mind again. Go figure.

"Kaylee", huh? I always thought was a "Caleigh". Hmmm...ya learn something new every day! (but then I forget at least two things, but who's counting?) :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought "Cayleigh" too, but imdb disagreed with me :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I've still only seen e1 and e2, but I thought the boys just think he's dead,"

You're right...I missed that. I must have just been projecting my own assumptions onto them because I see Cas come and go so much I didn't think much of it.

But...I saw two eps tonight and in one of them the boys were talking and Sammy said something like:
"blah blah blah...since Cas died...blah blah blah",

Looks like that's what they think.

Btw, I just saw a unicorn running away with rainbow fart gas coming out of his butt!
rotflmao

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Errm I’m going to assume that’s something to do with the show and not what you’re doing at 2am in the morning! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes...it was most definitely a Supernatural rainbow fart event. :-)

-------
Btw, are these kinds of quotes and/or small teases of some of your upcoming eps too spoilery?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No definitely not too spoilery!! I enjoy them! And often you give me things to look out for, which makes it easier for me to put what I'm seeing into context when I see it on the show.

And it also means I don't have to wonder who the faces are when I see them, just watched the Charisma Carpenter one and she'd have been niggling at me for a long time if you hadn't told me who she was.

My favourite line: the woman was getting hysterical about actual hearts beating in her cupcakes and Dean just says "shall I slug her?"

I'm getting a bit concerned about how Dean's guilt is going to blow up. Other than in his drinking.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm getting a bit concerned about how Dean's guilt is going to blow up."

Save some of that concern for other character(s?), too...just in case. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"shall I slug her?"

Dean has such a lovely poetic way with words, does he not?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sammy found out Dean killed Amy! But then the next episode (e7) they seem to have made up.

"Colonel Tighe" from Battlestar Galactica was in the leviathans shapeshifting as Dean and Sam episode (e6), following on the trend of other scifi stars being on the show. Reasonably small part though. Quite a conspiracy in the FBI or whatever agency it is that have been taken over, reminds me of DS9 and the changelings there taking over positions in Starfleet.

Have you ever watched the British comedy/scifi Red Dwarf? Couple of episodes back on this they had Osiris judging people by their own guilt. Red Dwarf had an episode with a similar scenario, where the person responsible for cleaning the toilets felt he was responsible for the death of the entire spaceship (entirely because of his own inflated ego). You might enjoy the little clip of his trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMi2a6m90f8