TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through December 19, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched 9 episodes of The Crown over the weekend. I wish they had kept Olivia Coleman as the queen. I can't look at Imelda Staunton without thinking of Delores Umbridge (Harry Potter).

I'm not enjoying this season as much as I have past seasons. There's just way too much Diana. I've read and watched so much about her. I used to admire her, but the more I learn about her, the less I like her. She was so young when she married Charles, but she was very manipulative of both the press and the royal family.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Agree Babyjaxmom, I have only watched about half the episodes but am all Diane-ed out. I remember feeling sorry for her living in a fish bowl in the beginning but she wasn't quite the poor little waif taken advantage of that was portrayed at the time.

I had always rather wished they kept the original cast and used really talented make up artist to age them. Loved Claire Foy and Vanessa Kirby. I was surprised that I grew to like Olivia Coleman, Tobias M, and Josh Charles. I have always thought Helena Bonham Carter to be overrated and oft miscast. I am a Lesley Manville fan and was glad to actually have quite a bit of her in an episode.
Imelda Stauton is an interesting actor, so far the Queen has been underutilized.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I loved the episode of how Al Fayed tried to buy his way into British society.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
She did manipulate the press but at the end of the day she was a 19 year old girl that the royal family had their sights on. Her own sister was part of the firm and wasn't much support. So she, emotionally fragile with abandonment issues latches on to this older man that she convinces herself that he loves her. She finds out that he doesnt love her, he has been having an affair with a woman who he has no intention of giving up and she is expected to tow the line. Dont forget that Camilla was taunting her throughout all of this at parties and treating her like a troublesome child.

She may have behaved badly in the end but honestly, I probably would have done a Lorena Bobbit. It gets on my nerves watching Camilla posing with the queens tiaras on her head and being referred to as queen.

I am betting that When Charles dies, William will delegate her to a nice mansion in Paris. All the properties belong to the crown.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, I feel the same way.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was never a fan of Camilla either. I still remember that Diana's nickname for her was "The Rottweiler." People despised her while Diana was still alive and immediately after her death, but apparently people have forgotten the story and now she's quite popular. I still can't think of her as "Queen Camilla." I've read that while William and Harry tolerate her, they're not especially fond of her. Don't blame them.

I used to subscribe to People magazine back in the 80's and remember all of it. I read her book when it came out and saw the interview with Bashir (never knew the backstory of how he tricked her into it -- that was shocking).

I thought Elizabeth Debicki did an excellent job of portraying Diana. She even had her voice nailed. But I got tired of seeing her duck her head and look up at everyone with those big blue eyes. It was very manipulative.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Started watching Wednesday. It is so good! Jenna Ortega is doing a great job. It is so nice to see Gwen Christe outside of Game of Thrones

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watched about half of an episode of Buying Beverly Hills about Mauricio Umansky's Agency real estate business. I found it kind of boring. Didn't really grab me. Beautiful houses, but not much else going on.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just watched 1st episode Wednesday also. I agree, I like it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm on the final ep. It has been excellent. I love the little nods to the original Addams Family.

I swear the actor playing Pugsly looks like he could be Raul Julia's grandson

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I am slowly watching Wednesday because I don't want it to end, lol! Really enjoying everything about it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I watched it in 2 days and I am having withdrawals today. I want more!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched The Wonder last night on Netflix. It was pretty good. Period piece mystery, takes place in Ireland in 1862. We enjoyed it.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am loving Wednesday. Such fun to see this girl in action. Nothing seems to faze her! And love Thing, who reminds me of a pet dog!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG - Thing!!! I can't believe how much personality they have given him!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sr. on Netflix

Robert Downey Jr. pays tribute to his late father in this documentary chronicling the life and eclectic career of pioneering filmmaker Robert Downey Sr.

Incredibly touching. I laughed as I cried. I wish I had been able to gift my parents, and myself, with the incredible tribute (while his dad was still living) that Robert Downey Jr. was able to give his dad....not to mention himself and the family.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Robert Downey Jr. I'm so glad he was able to overcome his drug addiction and have a happy and productive life. He's so talented, and I was afraid we were going to lose him for a while there.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thats exactly what his dad said in docu.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched it last night, Since. I told hubby, "I read something somewhere about his show [when we saw it listed on Netflix], but I can't remember where or who it was." Sorry, but thanks, Since!

I dabbed away a few tears. I've lost both my parents at this point, so I could relate. I loved watching how sweet Robert Jr. is with his children. He's very loving and hands-on with them.

His dad was quite a character. What a lovely tribute!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Kaleidoscope looks really good, an anthology of heist shows. Premieres Jan 1st. Trailer and bumpf in the link.

https://tvline.com/2022/12/13/kaleidoscope-netflix-heist-drama-trailer-giancarlo-esposito/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I love heists! šŸ˜‚ Looking forward to that one.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For anyone that was watching Emily In Paris. Season 3 starts up on Wednesday the 21st

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We're still on the first season but we love Emily in Paris. It's a fun little show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I do love it! Paired with the reality show Real Girlfriends in Paris...I get my European fix lol