TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam: Archive through October 11, 2021 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, March 28, 2021 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Not sure of the reality of the disease, but I think the show said she would never recognize him as the son she lost. This fix lets them bond over the loss they shared. She lost a son, and he lost a mother. He knows it is because of the disease, but the loss is real.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 29, 2021 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Christy, that's it.

Link

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 29, 2021 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I thought they explained it well, and I had no trouble following it. Still enjoying this show as much as before.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 29, 2021 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Me too, Scoot

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 29, 2021 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I still don't get it . I know she cannot and will not recognise him, and that that must be extremely disconcerting, but why couldn't someone explain to her that it was because of this disease, and despite what her senses tell her he actually is the same person who's in all those photos.

How could that be harder for her to come to terms with than accepting that a complete stranger just completely coincidentally looks exactly like her son, and completely coincidentally he has lost his mum at the same time she lost her son?!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 29, 2021 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They didn't even do the thing I expected most. Mom says "tell me something that only my son and I would know"...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, Iggy has shown his food issues on previous seasons.

I continue to enjoy this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think part of the disease is that she didn't recognize his face. He looked different to her than she thought her son should. There's no reasoning with her. She's never going to believe he's her son. It's a neurological disease. I've actually heard of it before.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking of giving up this show. It is getting very boring.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I absolutely disagree. This one made me cry. I loved that Superman was sad his whole life that he was small, but then his size made it possible for him to save the boy's life by giving him his heart. I was sobbing when they wheeled him into the operating room, and everyone was lined up in the hallway. I thought it was a very good show, except for the rather heavy-handed and obvious attempts to educate us about racism/sexism (which is a good thing to be educated about, but it was pretty heavy-handed).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was a bit heavy handed, but they did make the point at the end that he has to listen, not just keep coming up with things that he thinks will make it better, whilst not really understanding the issue.

I'd like to know how the main woman in the ER part has time to do her hair so beautifully though. She spent the entire day looking like she had just left a salon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She has people for that. 😄

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Looks like they are setting Gwen up to be a real !

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Going a little off track this season. I'm still. watching, but . . . .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nice finale. And finally we seem some happiness!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't know how I feel about Max and Helen. I love them and want to see them happy but whenever a show puts the leads together after wanting each other for a while, they seem to fizzle out. I hope it's not the case here.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Somethings are really off track. I’ll still watch but come on, really Reynold’s girlfriend just happens to turn to be the wife of his new boss who just happened to offer him this super high ranking job??
And wasn’t it just last week when the niece of Helen couldn’t stand Helen and now she doesn’t know what she would have done without her? And then Helen’s mom pops into the storyline? And gets her scans and results all within about an hour?? Without even seeing a doctor first?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah. Not enjoying this season as much. Although I can't quite put my finger on it, it seems like they've jumped the shark.

Plus Iggy, (who's my fave character)... his storyline, while excellent, has been causing me tremendous anxiety. :-(

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the problem is that Max does not have a job. I thought he was the administrator but he seems to be the hospital fairy godfather who flttershere or there on a breeze of a hint of a current popular idea. Like he is contro.led by Instagram influences, He is in effect not needed in a hospital and often does as much harm as good.

He needs a job.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Presses "LIKE" button. I agree Sadiesmom.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mame said a mouthful when she said they've jumped the shark. The stories are now just plain stupid.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
And the disappearance of Ella and the baby and that one doc. Can’t think of his name. Sadiesmom: absolutely right. He doesn’t seem to have a job at all. He does flit around exactly like an unwanted fairy godmother!!
And so the grandparents, hear one speech from Max and they back off??

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, have witnessed a grandparents law suit up close, they really don't have that many rights in court. Although these grandparents were quite rich. cost my parents over 10t to see their grandchild for an hour every month. With the negligent divorced father, my brother, and the wife that used to drop her off for a visit and disappear for 2 weeks. Still, grandparents not preffered to raise the child.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am losing (have lost?) interest. Is this the third or fourth season? First two were good. Not any longer.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching.