TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through November 20, 2020 users admin

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I recently started watching Supernatural on Netflix, highly recommended to me by my daughter. I'm through season 1 and just about finished with season 2. Great series! Some of it is pretty creepy.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight. Last season, they kind of seemed to get back on a better track. Hoping it continues into this season.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
Me too, Scout! Season 7 ended so strong. Nice to see the network (finally) getting behind this show....after all, it IS the longest running CW show still on the air!

Looking forward to the new season tonight. Although I am a Dean!girl 4-EVA, I think that human Castiel is gonna be my undoing this year!!

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
This show is just amazing. I know they're thinking next year will be last but I wish it would continue. I can watch reruns like I've seen them for the first time.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It was so good to see Bobby again. For a while it looked as though Sam was happy to be dying! Dean just never gives up!

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
What are they doing to this show? Last night's episode was really bad. The only funny part was when Dean kept chasing the paper ball and giving it back to Sam. In the past, I've liked their quirky episodes because they were pretty much always funny, but him being able to talk to animals and those terrible voice-overs...

I wonder how long Sam is going to take to catch onto the fact that something is really not right with him? I would think all that blood on his neck and no wound might have tipped him off.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I thought it was really stupid too. As I was watching it, I just couldn't believe that script was actually written and aired.

What I don't understand is that year upon year, both Dean and Sam get extremely angry with the other when one isn't honest with the other, but yet they keep repeating the deception and lies. That formula is getting too repetitive; by now you'd think they would stop hiding secrets from the other and tell each other the truth since it's almost torn them apart many times before. I wish the writers would stop recycling that storyline/formula.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode was awesome. The best in a really long time. Had the early episodes feel to it again, and made me remember just how much I loved the individual stand-alone storylines.
Young Dean did a great job.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I agree. A wondferful look into Dean's early years and explains a lot about his present day character and out look. So sad too. I never realized how lonely and isolated his life has been, except for his brother. And even back then, he scarificed things for Sam. Dean also seemed to be trying make their father look better than he really deserves.

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
Show is back on...HURRAY!...Kevin and his mom are back...previews for next week ---- GHOST FACERS!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like this latest episode was a possible spinoff episode.

'Supernatural' spin-off: What did you think of 'Bloodlines'? -- POLL.

The anticipation leading up to Supernatural: Bloodlines was undeniable. With the mothership show heading into its tenth season next year, the idea that a new era could be on the horizon was an exciting prospect for fans of the fleshed-out world of Supernatural.
Related

So how’d this backdoor pilot fare? If I’m being honest, the episode was very much not a normal episode of the show we watch every week together. (SPNBFFs4EVER…or something less awkward.) So instead of your regular, more in-depth recap, which will return next week, here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:

<snip>

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/30/supernatural-bloodlines-react/

----------------

I'm on the fence...I just don't know if a spinoff would work if the Winchester boys aren't the main characters....and if they were the main characters, it would just be Supernatural, not a spinoff.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It was too out there. As Dean said, "the mafia with fangs". No way could 5 monster families be living in Chicago and we have never heard of it--nor the Winchesters, nor the Men of Letters.
To me a spinoff needs at least a character from the original to get it spinning! I would gladly watch something with Bobby in it(surprise, he is alive?), or Kevin or that other hunter kid who turned Werewolf!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I only saw one other epi this season, watching the season finale now (there's another season?!) and have no idea what's going on. Should I try to figure it out?

The Lou Gehrig line was really good though.

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
OH MY GOD!...the 200th episode has become one of my top three favorites...I can't believe no one else has commented on this...I have not laughed out loud in a long time...congrats to the show!!!!...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Who was that character in the final moment of this latest episode?

The actor looked familiar (I know I've seen him in other shows), but I am drawing a total blank on who he was in the world of Supernatural.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I looked it up...he was Chuck, the writer of the series of Supernatural books. My memory of him was that he was a teenager....so he either got older or I got older and dementia has started to set in. :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Ssfgal- I agree - this episode was just amazing. One of my very favorites. So many great callbacks and the reactions of Sam and Dean were priceless.
Even the songs were great. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed the show this much. And seeing Chuck again was a perfect ending.

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
The Prophet Chuck...who may or may not be the Almighty one...

I would recommend checking out episode "The Real Ghostbusters" with Chuck...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like this season (10) is not the final season after all....

Time to celebrate! But "celebrate "how?" you ask...

How real fans celebrate Supernatural's renewal for Season 11

LINK to sheknows.com

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
As I said in Nov 2014...I Love Chuck...

Love this week's episode...no one else?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 30, 2020 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, gee it looks like no one has posted in the Supernatural thread for 4 years! Am I the only one here that's still watching it?

Anyhow, I just popped in here to ask if I am the only one who sees a strong resemblance between Amara, god's sister, and Kamala Harris, VP candidate for Tuesday's election? I never noticed it until tonight, but that may be because I've seen Kamala's face on TV about a billion times a day lately but "Amara" had been "elsewhere" on the show and unseen for quite awhile. As soon as I saw her in this latest episode, the resemblance hit me like an angry trucker seeing me kiss his boyfriend!

emily
Emily Swallow image from:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2646861/mediaviewer/rm3238456576?context=default

Sure, Amara looks younger, but to be fair, she has powers like her brother...so even though she's thousands of years (billions?) older than Kamala, she can keep herself looking a few years younger with a snap of her fingers.

Anyhow tonight was episode 17 of the final 20....FOREVER!

I will miss this. There aren't many TV shows I can say I've seen the entire 15 year run without missing a single episode. (Keep in mind that "missing" is a lot different than "remembering", so don't try to quiz me on them!)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I still watch, Sanfran. Love Supernatural (it's right in line with the types of books I like to read, too.) Really going to miss new episodes. It's also my go to background noise tv show to watch...you know, when you want to watch/listen to something, but not really paying complete attention to it.

Not ashamed to admit, cried like a baby on tonights episode. I've thought for a while, and tried preparing because I expected it, that what happened in the last few minutes was going to happen, but yep, it still freaking got to me. I'm going to hold out til the very end that that isn't permanent.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So sad to see Castiel go and Dean left lost in grief. The Winchesters have lost so much in the way of people they love, a normal life and a home!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, November 20, 2020 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
So long to Supernatural. One of my favorite shows of all time. I will miss this show very much.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, November 20, 2020 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So sad to see the end. They should have made last week's show the series ender. I didnt like last night's series ender.