TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through December 03, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow night, Friday, Oct 4, will be a live 4 hour ghost hunting show on Travel Channel. It looks pretty cool because the hunters come from several different popular paranormal shows.

Haunted Salem: Live

See one of the biggest paranormal teams including Jack Osbourne and Katrina Weidman (Portals to Hell), Amy Bruni, Adam Berry and Chip Coffey (Kindred Spirits), Dalen Spratt, Juwan Mass and Marcus Harvey (Ghost Brothers: Haunted Houseguests), and Dave Schrader and Cindy Kaza (The Holzer Files) in Haunted Salem: Live, a special four-hour LIVE ghost investigation in and around the historic city of Salem, MA.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Naja,

I'm curious as to what you think of Grant's new Ghost Hunters. I'm sad to say that I'm finding Grant, the crew and the show boring and flat. The crew is lacking in any kind of personality. Are you enjoying it?

I caught The Holzer Files last night on Travel Channel. I'd never heard of this show. I enjoyed it. Loved the guy in the basement who was left alone in the dark. :-) I most definitely wouldn't miss the psychic automatic writer if she took a walk. She's a waste of show time, in my opinion. Have you seen this show?

Looking forward to Jason, Steve & Tango on tonight's premier of Ghost Nation.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Grant and his crew are a little dull, but I still watch.

About The Holzer Files, I don't like shows that use psychics or mediums (or whatever they want to call themselves). I think they are all full of crap. I really like Amy and Adam's show, Kindred Spirits, but I can't stand when they use psychic Chip Coffey. Did you know he's actually an actor? Mostly stage but some TV. Amy and Adam used to be so firm about only using scientific methods, so this guy had to be forced on them.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
I believe that some people truly do have the gift but the majority are likely frauds. One example is Derek Acorah who was proven to be a fraud and was booted from Most Haunted.

To prove his fraudulence, he was purposely fed fake names. The names were Rik Eedles & Kreed Kafer, anagrams of Derek Lies & Derek Faker. When he went into his "channeling state" and said that he was channeling these 2 people, using both of the 2 fake names, he was immediately fired from the show.

I enjoy Most Haunted a lot. You're probably familiar with it but, if you're not, it's a British show. I'm an Anglophile anyway so it was an easy thing for me to become fond of this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! The outing of Derek was huge news. I occasionally watched Most Haunted, but it was a bit too theatrical for me.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
It was Acorah who was theatrical. Luckily he wasn't a weekly guest but, when he was on, I found it hard to watch his acting, overacting, ruin an otherwise interesting show. When he was canned, the show became a much better one without his overtheatrics.

Although we do have to remember that the TV shows we're talking about are done for the purpose of entertainment, that is the bottom line, so every one of them will have some form and some level of theatrics.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another new show....

"Destination Fear" starts Saturday, Oct 26, on Travel Channel. (No relation to a 2012 Canadian show of the same name) Part 2 of the premiere is the very next evening on Oct 27. They will be visiting Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary.

This one is produced by Zak from GA, and also stars one of his cast, Dakota Laden, as well as Dakota's sister and best friend.

The 3 of them spend the night at 10 of the most haunted places in America, just to get scared. LOL
It sounds like a lot of fun.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/destination-fear-2019

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I will have to watch that one!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so disappointed in this week's Ghost Nation. It's the first time I have seen something actually look this fake in any show with Jason and Steve. It almost looks cartoonish to me.

I have the video set to start at the right part so you don't have to search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibRQMehGbU&t=14m16s

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well to me it looks like someone or something walked through there. Of course, we are depending on their assertion that the house was empty at the time in order for us to think it was something spooky or supernatural.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To me it looks a cartoon swoosh cloud that morphs into a shadow figure of the cartoon villain. Like something cgi placed there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Monday night I saw something paranormal for the first time in my life, and I have been going back and forth since then trying to decide whether to share it. I have heard and felt something paranormal before (only once around 1990)but I had never actually seen an entity. And oh boy, now I have.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I've dealt with a few instances at my own work. A few years back, I looked up from my desk one morning and a teenage girl was standing there. She was wearing a dress with a flower in her hair. Startled me quite a bit. She has never been back. A while after that, our office got flooded, so we had to relocate to other areas. I always get to work an hour before I need to be there because of traffic and stupid drivers. Anyway, I would put my phone on a bookshelf that was next to the table that was my desk at the time. While I was kicking back, a few mornings, something would knock my phone onto the floor from the shelf. Never saw anyone or thing doing that one. Now, currently, we have something that is hanging out in the Police department's work out room, and our dispatch is reporting that all hours of the night, the music gets turned up so loud that it can be heard in the entire basement.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so creepy! My encounter Monday night isn't very creepy.

I was down in the rec room lying on the daybed and watching late night TV. I was on my back with my head propped with pillows and the TV is against the wall about 5 feet past the foot of the daybed, and a little to the left.

While I was watching the TV, a perfectly round tennis ball size of what looked dense fog came out of the ceiling from the left above the tv and took a bit of a wiggly path as it floated diagonally down across the front of the tv and disappeared behind the foot of the daybed. I wasn't even scared, which surprised me. Although I did wonder if there was something hiding under the daybed now. LOL (There wasn't)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's definitely strange!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Wow that does sound creepy Naja! And Robin your experiences are really interesting!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Grant's reboot of Ghost Hunters is back tonight with season 2. There will be 2 new eps back to back.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody saw Ghost Adventures last night, the 2 hour show.... About 35 minutes into it, the boys see what they described as a ball of mist that went past their faces. That's what I saw in my above post! And then they show a video of one a couple minutes later and that's exactly how the one I saw moved.

eta: I wasn't in the dark when I saw mine.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I taped and watched Jack Osbourne's show Portals to Hell. It was the one where he watched it with Ozzy and Sharon. Kind of reminded me of the old Osbournes show, which I really enjoyed.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I watched Celebrity Ghost Stories. We watched the one with Paula Abdul, was very good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Travel Channel, there is a 2 hour special called
"Devil's Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren".

They spent their whole lives ghost hunting, and are portrayed in "The Conjuring" movies.

They were also owners of the famous haunted doll "Annabelle". The Annabelle movies scared the bejeebers out of me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 25, 2020 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think I've ever made a bigger eye roll when I saw this, but I'll still be watching.

On Thursday, October 29, Zak's "Ghost Adventures" team will be investigating Joe Exotic's Zoo. LOL

(The infamous and currently incarcerated Lion King)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 4 of "Paranormal Caught on Camera" premieres tonight on Travel Channel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying Jack Osbourne and the Ghost Brothers' new show "Fright Club". I laugh all the way through. The all try to one up each other with the best paranormal videos and they are really having a good time. 2 eps have aired so far.

I like it better than "Osbournes Want to Believe" because Ozzy and Sharon mostly seems like they are annoyed to be there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 03, 2021 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Zak from Ghost Adventures hosts a pretty scary show on Discovery+ called "Haunted Museum".

We all know how Zak owns a museum in Las Vegas where he displays haunted items that he has been collecting/buying for many years. And every episode is a scary drama based on an item from his museum. Sometimes the item is just an inspiration for the story, or sometimes it's "based" on the item's history. None of it factual, if you know what I mean. But it sure is a good show.