TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through November 21, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Ryan Murphy's The Watcher and it is moving sooooo slow. It's only 7 eps but I feel they could have done this in 4. I'm on ep 4 so I hope it starts picking up. I dont know the story and I am refraining from googling the true story until this is over

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
dont waste your time on The Watcher, the ending sucked! big waste of time

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve been watching The Midnight Club. I wasn’t sure about it but I’m a few episodes in and finding it pretty entertaining.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Pamy ~ I am 2 episodes in on The Watcher and enjoying it due to the cast. But I'll keep in mind to keep my expectations low for the ending. :0)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
All the talk about The Watcher prompted me to check it out. I started watching it yesterday and I found it engaging enough that I wound up watching all seven episodes by 2 am.

I was fine with the ending. I think stories like this are more about the journey than the ending.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now this also sounds like my kind of show.

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

It's an 8 episode horror anthology and each episode is directed by a different master of horror.

Premiere Oct 25
https://www.netflix.com/title/80209229

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That might be very good!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Kappy! Sanfran, glad you liked it, I prolly wouldnt have been so pissed if it was just 4 eps lol

Naja, that sounds great!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We're watching The Mole and it is so good! It's such a shame they didn't do it as a weekly show, I know that's not what Netflix does, but it would have been so much fun to discuss it each week. Now I have to avoid every discussion about it until I'm caught up.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I had Warrior Nun on my to-watch list forever. I never watched it though because the title and the graphics didn't speak to me. As of late, between stuff that's been canceled or just ended...I've been scrambling.

Sometimes I'll wait after 1st season of a show, to see if it gets renewed. If it gets canceled...then why bother. I just saw Warrior Nun season 2 is coming out next week. So I thought I'll watch a couple of episodes. I actually like it! It has a monster and some supernatural demon-y content.

The protagonist is quite likable, and is funny. The storyline is a tad confusing...but I'm only 3 episodes in. If anyone is looking for this kind of series...I recommend it.

"After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns."

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching The Good Nurse on Netfix. Despite the talent of Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastian 5he movie was slow and dull.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching From Scratch, an 8 ep mini series. It is ok.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Pamy I watched From Scratch. I liked it because much of it was filmed in Italy. It turned out to be more than the romantic comedy I had initially thought it was. It was actually good.

You know what was horrible? A Taste of Tuscany. Don't even bother. To add insult to injury...it wasn't even filmed in Tuscany...or Italy lol Albania! And I'm sure the set was in the US

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the acting was really good but 8 eps was a little long. I enjoyed the scenery

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I didn't expect the plot turn towards the end

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I’m watching Inside Man on Netflix starring David Tennant and Stanley Tucci. Very good.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I love Tucci...I was just about to watch but I read several reviews that said it was horrible...so I was waiting to see if anyone here liked it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched all 8 episodes of "The Serpent Queen" last night instead of the election returns that I knew would take a day (or days) more to count.

GREAT show....Samantha Morton will always be an Alpha, one way or another. :-)

I watched this in lieu of watching the election returns not realizing it was a reflection of what politics have regressed to in this day and age. The one thing I wish was still a legal punishment today is "banishment"...

Btw, Samantha fans should check out "Harlots" where she has a leading role!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Loved Serpent Queen! Hope it has many seasons. Started Harlots.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching “From Scratch”. It was a wonderful love story, but have a box tissue nearby.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just started watching season 5 of The Crown. At this point, I wonder why they bothered recasting Queen Elizabeth II as she is barely in the series as 9f episode 3.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 20, 2022 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
THE ACTOR PLAYING CHARLES WAS HORRIBLY MISCAST. HE WAS MUSHY FACE AND A DISTRACTION,
. THEY NEEDED A SLENDER ACTOR FOR THE ROLE.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2022 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought he was awesome. He's Dominic West, and he is in so many shows that I have loved. IMO, the only reason he could be considered miscast is because he's far too handsome to play Charles.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2022 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Watched Dead to Me season 3 this weekend. It wasn't as good as the last 2 seasons but still enjoyable. Christine did an excellent job

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I JUST WISH THEY HAD SKIPPED SO MUCH USE OF THE 'F' WORD. I FIND IT VERY DISTRACTION AND NOT THE LEAST ENTERTAINING.