TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hulu Original Shows: Archive through October 16, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I just told my DH about this show (we're always looking for new ones to watch), and he said he'd just started watching it. I made him stop immediately, so we can watch it together. I also wrote down the date it finishes (Oct. 18, by my calculations), so we can binge it all at once. It's too hard for us to remember what happened from week to week anymore, so we like to watch it all at once or over a few consecutive days.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That’s a good idea, Babyjaxmom. I enjoy binging too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Patient is intense! The acting is great. Can't wait to see next week's episode.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just finished episode two. That was a nifty cliffhanger.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone have the Hulu package with adverts? How long and how often are the adverts?

(I'm trying to persuade dh the advert package would be fine!)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For me personally they drove me crazy. At least on tv the ads appear at the end of a segment. The ads on these streaming services just pop up in the middle of a sentence. I don't remember how many or how long they were, but enough to really bug me. The worst part was that it was the SAME commercial over and over. Lol

What was really frustrating for me, is on many of the ad free streaming channels which you have paid extra for...you still see some ads. Because according to them the show is ad free with no interruptions but they will show some ads at the beginning before the show.

I know many are not bothered by the ads...wish I could be one of those people. Would save me some money!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah that's not going to help me build my argument ;) ;)... but thank you, he'd be like that too, so I guess best not to subject him to it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sorry lol.... but do what I did. Try it for a month and see how you like it. You can always change/upgrade your subscription or cancel. You may find its not an issue for you.

Between having Hulu with ads or no Hulu at all...I would put up with the ads. There are so many good shows on Hulu it would be worth watching the ads.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think they have 30 days free right now, with no ads. Then you can do the next month with ads. See which you prefer.

If the ads don't bother you, you can sign up for yearly subscription and save further. They don't offer yearly subscription with no ads.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have Hulu with ads. I think it's fine. I paid for no ads for a while. But for the past year I've had the ads. They are tolerable.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Mike, the miniseries about Mike Tyson? I am enjoying it….although Tyson is criticizing Hulu for “stealing his story”.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 12, 2022 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Watching The Patient. Really good. Thanks for the recommendation!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer, do they talk about the fact that Tyson is a convicted rapist and spent time in prison? Nobody ever seems to remember that part.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, they sure do. They definitely don't skim over it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Definitely. Two episodes are the rape, trial and him in prison. I totally am with Desiree Washington. They don’t make Mike a victim at all even though it can feel like just a piece of his story. But that’s because it’s not as in-depth as we would want in terms of showing those in support of him versus in support of Desiree Washington. It really riled me to see the Louis Farrakhan scene in support of Mike even though it was barely a minute long.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I use Hulu because I travel a lot and use AIRBNBs which often have weird tv subscriptions, eg the apt I have been staying in for the last 4 months had youtube TV which is crap and I even use Hulu in hotels because many hotels down south dont have MSNBC.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
So happy that Dopesick won. What an amazing series. If you havent seen it watch it.

Another great show was The Dropout. Catch that one.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/sacklers-will-pay-up-6-bln-resolve-purdue-opioid-lawsuits-mediator-2022-03-03/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Those are two of my favorite, Dopesick and the Dropout

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The new season of handmaid's tale has posted two episodes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting for all episodes of Handmaid's Tale to drop before I start. I'd rather watch them all together than wait week to week. It's too hard to remember what happened the week prior.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think I will wait so I can binge watch The Handmaid's Tale once all episodes are available. I like to watch them all at once and get impatient waiting week to week.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Finished watching "Little Fires Everywhere". Enjoyed it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've only seen the first couple of episodes but I really like it so far.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Rosaline is a very enjoyable movie …comedy twist to Romeo and Juliet