TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through October 15, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Grooch Alex Wagner is the host. She replaces (the irreplaceable) Anderson Cooper. They did go the same route though. Alex is a journalist who has appeared on and anchored her own shows. Although she's not Anderson, she is not some vapid show host. So I'm happy with her.

Anderson has a two year old and a 6 month old. I don't imagine he would have been the least bit interested in traveling around the world.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Not so sure about that, who has wanted to run screaming into the night after a difficult day with a toddler and a baby!

I'm only about 5 minutes into the 1st episode and am annoyed that people do not spell names correctly. Joy not Joi, Avery not Avori, people whose parents set them up for a life of having their name being misspelled, odd names and spelling can be detrimental to job/ career searches.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar so true

People seem almost disappointed that I spell my name in the traditional way. They are so used to the more imaginative concoctions...

At least if you start out with a name that's a name...or an object...a noun lol I worked with someone that went off the rails as far as we were concerned. As was explained to us, and I'm not sure about how she actually spelled them. First child Utamia (From you to me) second child Gudideata (Good idea to). Third.... Clamidia... not sure if she intended to replace one of the "i" with a "y" or if she even included the "h".... it really didn't matter how she spelled it... it mattered how it was pronounced.

Our jaws dropped on the last one. Since she was still pregnant at the time. We pleaded with her to find another name. If I remember right, she thought it was a flower? In any case even after pleading with her she still liked the sound of the name. She said it sounded pretty. Said if she didn't know what it meant most other people wouldn't either LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I always think in terms of how people will automatically shorten names so your friend will have a Gudi/goody and a Clami/clammy in her future.

When Meghan McCain named her daughter 'Liberty', all I could hear in my head were people calling her Lib or Libby as a nickname and McCain screaming "It's LIBERTY!" I invision alot of screaming in Mccain's life when her child goes to school.

I loved the first season of The Mole and detested the 2nd season with celebrities. Looking at the current cast photo, it looks straight out of a casting call but I still want to try watching.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I dislike most shortened names. Clami lol....toss up which is worse. I always wonder how shortened names that were entirely different than the actual name, came about

Also hated the celeb season of The Mole. I think that's where we are now as far as recruitment of reality show casting. They pull mostly from Instagram, TikTok etc.

The trend seeming to be that the people that do apply don't even end up on the show they applied for. It's been said that Taylor on Big Brother actually applied for Amazing Race? Both Taylor and Joseph were to be on F-Boy Island. But they couldn't because Taylor was doing a Pageant and Joseph was taking his Bar Exam. They would have still met...but under vastly different circumstances lol

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Avori and her bondage outfit, it certainly seems as if the producers are scrapping the bottom of the social media barrel.
Please cast people who aren't constantly posing, primping and utterly vacuous.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure Taylor said she was recruited for TAR. She was contacted by a casting agent asking if she wanted to be on TAR and she then expressed an interest in BB.

I cannot even with the name clamidia. And yes, these parent's aren't doing their kids any favors. I chose a name not in the top 100 for my kid, but still a "real" name. LOL.

I'm afraid to try the Mole, but I likely will. I loved the original so much with A Cooper.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
What I like about the Mole is that you get eliminated purely because you do not have knowledge of who the mole is or the correct strategy to guess. Of course people can muddy the waters by pretending they are the mole or giving you the wrong information. But that's on you if you make the wrong decisions.

If you can't put two and two together all you have to do is get yourself the free pass and you don't have to take the quiz. So there's more than one way to get yourself to the end. Even when no one wanted to help the guy in the car. ..he still had the possibility to come back on his own.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When I was in the hospital right after having my son, the young woman (she was really young, maybe 20?) who was sharing my room was naming her daughter Abigail. Only she wanted to make it an unusual spelling. She kept asking me, "What do you think of "Abygale" or some other concoction. I wanted to tell her that her child would never be able to buy an item with her name on it (like cups, glasses, bicycle license plates, etc) and would spend the rest of her life correcting people on the spelling of her name, but I didn't know her, so kept my mouth shut. We named our son "Jack" and have never regretted it. Only mixup is when people call him "Jake" by accident.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I never found my name on any list in the US. I had teachers mispronounce my name all sorts of ways. I used to love going to Ireland in the summer as a kid because I could buy keyrings, labels and everything with my name on it. As I got older I was glad I had an unusual name.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Have y’all seen that Facebook advertisement where you can send Donny Osmond singing you a birthday song. My name is actually on his list of names.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
THE ONLY OTHER PERSON IN THE WORLD WITH MY NAME THAT I'VE EVER HEARD OF IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER FROM SAMOA.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you are in the mood for a scary series for the Halloween season,
The Midnight Club is the one.

It's about a group of teens in a hospice, which is in a old scary looking mansion. Aside from their lives in the hospice, a big part of the story is every night at midnight they meet in the dark library and one of them tells a scary story. That's "The Midnight Club". The stories are reenacted by actors as they're told. But one of the big things about the club, is they have to promise that when they die, they will make contact from the other side if it's possible.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81112336

I stayed up until the wee hours watching up to ep 5 and I am really enjoying it. There are 10 eps.

OH, I forgot to say that the doctor is the woman who starred as Nancy in the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies. Heather Langenkamp.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched the trailer and couldn't decide if it was worth it. Seemed off the wall. But I'll watch since you say it's good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh it's definitely off the wall.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
lol Lake, When I was little in Ireland Santa would read to the children on the radio on Christmas Eve. Parents would send children's names in ahead of time and when Santa read your name you had to go off to bed. We sat by the radio and waited for our names and he would read them out. I am betting my mother was the first one to send her kids names in -- getting them all off to bed at 6pm without a fight? she was definitely on board with that one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’d do the same. As a child in 1960s America I diligently waited for the woman to call my name thru that magic mirror on Romper Room and it never came.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I remember that one lake. She never said my name that is fore sure.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Series, only 6 episodes, Empress is excellent.

The Empress (German: Die Kaiserin) is a German series about a forbidden love between the Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary and the rebellious Empress Elisabeth von Wittelsbach, Princess of Bavaria.

She was very strong willed, intelligent and well loved by the people. I hope they have a second season

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just started watching today the series "The Watcher" based on a true story about the multiple families who lived in the same house during different times.

Already on episode 4!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, we watch a lot of Acorn and Brit Box. Love those Brit police shows. Anyway, recently there was a character or maybe an actress named Maris, and I thought, "I know someone with that name."

I've always thought Maris is such a pretty name.

I'm a Debbie, and there were millions of us when I was growing up (I blame Debbie Reynolds).

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I like the Midnight Club, although the idea of watching terminally ill teens was not appealing. But the characters are interesting and realistic, and their spooky tales are good.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja I only am watching Midnight Club because you suggested it. The trailer left me uncertain. But I know you like the same off the wall content I like lol. I'm on the 3rd episode and strange it is! I'm enjoying it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Haha! I knew I'd get someone else to watch :-) I'm on ep 7. I was thinking of waiting until closer to Halloween to watch the rest.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was partly intrigued by the trailer so now I will watch after Naja's recommendation. And yes, October is the perfect month to watch. :0)