TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Brit shows - acorn TV, Amazon Prime: Archive through September 27, 2022 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I totally love Line of Duty. Dealing with the serious welsh accent took concentration.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, Line of Duty takes place in Dublin. That's an Irish accent you're hearing. We depend on closed captioning to help us cut through the heavy accents.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For season 6, Kelly MacDonald did an interview talking about how hard it was doing her Welsh accent for Line of Duty. So there is at least one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, Maris, didn't you grow up in Ireland?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm, Kelly McDonald is actually Scottish (I thought she was Irish). I guess maybe she's playing someone from Wales? We've watched a few shows that take place in Wales, and sometimes they have people speaking Welsh, so the CC comes in quite handy!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, somewhere on here I saw that somebody recommended The Good Karma Hospital on Acorn. I watched it and fell in love. Great show! Except when I got to Season/Series 4, there were only 4 episodes when there are supposed to be 6. Ugh!!! Did anybody else have this issue?

I've tried to find the missing 2 episodes everywhere with no success. Was anybody else successful? Help! I need my last two episodes!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The new season for Good Karma hospital is up. It is updated every week. I just love this series.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I LOVE THE ACTRESS STAR ON GOOD KARMA. IF YOU ENJOY BRITISH TELLY SUBSCRIBE TO BRITBOX...IT'S THE BEST!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I think that's the season I'm talking about (Season 4). There are only 4 episodes up, but there are supposed to be 6. Season 4 leaves you hanging. I can't find the last two episodes anywhere. I even called Amazon and the customer service guy had no clue why they weren't there. He said, "Maybe you can subscribe to the Acorn app and get them there." I already have Acorn thru Amazon. So frustrating!

OG, we do love British telly. We subscribe to both BritBox and Acorn. Love those Brit detective shows in the beautiful locations!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, here's a link to episode 6, season 4. They would probably have episode 5.

I've never watched it, so I hope this is what your looking for, and not some scam.

Link

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, Grooch!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was able to get to that site, and after some fiddling around, I was able to watch both episodes 5 & 6. You've made me very happy!!! Thanks again!!!😘💋🤎

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Glad it worked.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Episode 5 is up on amazon

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Too late, Maris. I already watched 5 & 6. That's so frustrating that they have such a lag posting episodes. I've had that problem with other shows, too.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Great show though right Baby.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the next season! Cast is fabulous and it's just a sweet, heart-warming show, without being sugary sweet and sappy.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks to you guys for raving about The Good Karma Hospital. Never heard of it before and now I want to rave too! I binged on the all of season 1 a couple of days ago. Looking forward to binging season 2. Great cast. Excellent storylines.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Baby, There is an extra episode where they talk to the actors, fun view.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Binged all 4 seasons including the special behind the scenes ep. Can't wait for the next season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Maris! I'll have to look for that!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am COMPLETELY hooked on the Aussie series A PLACE TO CALL HOME on Acorn. I've been streaming it for several days. It's 6 seasons, 67 episodes, and I think it aired from 2013-2018. I am starting season 5 right now. But when I finish it in a few days I'd love to discuss it if anyone else has ever seen it. (I just don't want spoilers right now.) It's one of the most perfect programs I've ever encountered. The scripts and acting are extraordinary! I HIGHLY recommend it. 😀

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LOVED 'APTCH'...I WATCH A LOT OF AUSSIE TV.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😀 This show is just so danged GOOD.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mame! A Place to Call Home was wonderful. I still think about that show, and I watched it quite a while back. So good!!! At the end of the series, a voiceover tells you what happened to each of the characters in the rest of their lives. It made me cry, even though I know they're not real people. Such a great show! 💙

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I adored APTCH!!! I watched first when there were only 3 seasons out, as David Berry was joining the cast of Outlander. I binged all 3 in a single week- whilst teaching AND rehearsing for a musical - and was sad to see it end.