TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through October 13, 2022 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The Last Bus with an unrecognizable Timothy Spall was a nice way to spend the evening. It was on Amazon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I watched Thirteen Lives on Saturday night. It was about the rescue of the 12 boys and their soccer coach who were trapped in that cave in Thailand back in 2018. It's a Ron Howard production and stars Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, Joel Edgerton and Tom Bateman as the rescue divers. It's amazing! I knew it was a miracle at the time that they got all those boys out alive, but I didn't realized that they basically anesthetized them, put a breathing mask over their faces and brought them out sound asleep. They were trapped a mile and half into the cave, which was mostly underwater due to a sudden monsoon which flooded the cave after they went in.

I didn't think I'd be able to watch it cause I have a real fear of being trapped underwater, but it was fascinating, as well as super intense. It should be nominated for Academy Awards!

An amazing true story. Also the actors all got certified and did their own diving stunts! That was amazing in itself!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I knew it was a miracle at the time that they got all those boys out alive, but I didn't realized that they basically anesthetized them, put a breathing mask over their faces and brought them out sound asleep.

I didn’t know that either. Amazing. I will have to check it out.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just saw a commercial on tv for a show called "Sprung". It's on Amazon Freevee.

Has anyone watched Freevee or the show? Sprung is made by the creators of Everyone Loves Earl and is about a bunch of criminals at the beginning of Covid. Just a quick showing of them stealing toilet paper off the shelves at the grocery store, and isolating one of them in the fireplace with a shower curtain made me laugh and brought back memories. I need to check it out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the show, but you watch Freevee the same way you watch the rest of Prime Video. It's already there. You don't have to do anything. And Freevee's tiny commercials really aren't bothersome at all. It's what "Bosch: Legacy" is on.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Naja, I never noticed the commercials when watching either Bosch: Legacy or Hollywood Houselift (with Jeff Lewis). If you blink, you'll miss them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Hollywood Houselift. I really like it. Better than the old ones with Jeff. Having a child has softened him up a bit...as it has Simon Cowell lol

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sprung has it's moments. It is very much a Greg Garcia show.

Give The Outlaws a try, the second season was released a few weeks ago. It was created by Stephen Merchant and Elgin James.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode. I enjoy Greg Garcia shows and his weird sense of humor. I learned a lot on how to rob somebody if I ever wanted yo. Lol!

I hope the series gets better as the cast gels together. The actor playing the main character was a bit stiff. Hopefully, he'll loosen up. The younger woman of the 2 did a great acting job.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I did not want to start another thread but Peacock is have a great offer right now.
REDEEM NOW
CODE: SEPTEMBER
*Limited-time offer. After offer ends, then-current retail price (currently $4.99/mo or $49.99/year), plus tax, applies. Cancel anytime. Eligibility restrictions and terms apply: Offer Terms.
https://www.peacocktv.com/fall?cid=2206brndhfjsyspkowneml19653&utm_campaign=2206brndhfjsys&utm_source=pk_pk_brz&utm_medium=own_eml_custeng_eml

after going to link you will be given an even better offer for an annual subscription for under 20.00

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Baby, I have been reluctant to watch Thirteen Lives as I thought it would bother me too much two hours of terrified children. Your post is making me reconsider

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watch it Maris, it is very good, and the kids were very brave, both in real life and as portrayed by the movie, so I don't think you'll be bothered too much. It is nerve wracking though!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched 13 Lives. it's more about the dive team. It's very well done. A couple parts had me feeling a bit claustrophobic. I wish they had emphasized more about how many hours each leg took. It's really an amazing story.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, those boys (12 of them) had their soccer coach with them. He kept them all calm and gave them hope that someone would come for them (even though he wasn't always sure that was true). There didn't seem to be much panic. They were anxious for sure, but he managed to keep them calm and give them hope. He deserved a medal!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The coach taught them to meditate to keep them calm. He was a very young man too. I loved that the divers let the boys write messages to their parents. We saw very little of the boys in this movie. As Brenda said, it was more about the dive team and the villagers working together. I think what they did to save those boys was amazing!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thank all, for suggesting 13 Lives! Amazing story. There was so much more to it than the news story we saw. I am very claustrophobic, so had a tough time in some parts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, me too!!! There were a couple of times I had to cover my eyes. Being trapped underwater is my biggest phobia (and I used to scuba dive). I think "Titanic" and "A Perfect Storm" ruined me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, there were times watching that I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was really well done in how it made you feel like you were in those tunnels.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
13 Lives was amazing!! I was holding my breath half of the time! I got to the end and thought this was such a great movie and then Directed by Ron Howard popped up on the screen. I said THAT's WHY I loved this so much. He is one of my fav directors

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It was great, I am glad I watched it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to clean up my Watchlist - I have shows in there for the last year that I haven't watched. What I've been doing is once I see a show has been canceled, I've been deleting out of my Watchlist because there's no sense in getting hooked on a show that's not renewed.

Can someone tell me if Outer Range is worth watching? I saw in the renewal thread that it has been renewed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Can someone tell me if Outer Range is worth watching?"

IMHO - Yes! It has 8 episode in season 1.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just reposting the below here, as it might be useful to some people:

I found a bug in Paramount+ through Amazon Prime... it doesn't show the current Season 36 of Bold and Beautiful, it stops at Season 35 :-(.

Anyway I tried to see if I can log in to P+ directly, rather than through Amazon, and found this:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Is-Paramount-available-as-a-channel-on-Prime-Video#verifyPrime

It describes how to use your P+ credentials to log in through Amazon, and (what I wanted to do) log into P+ using your Amazon credentials. Didn't know you could do that!

(And P+ does have the current season of BnB, don't know why Amazon doesn't :-(.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt that is a very interesting discovery! I wonder if the same possibility exist for all streaming services added to Amazon Prime?

I have AMC+ through Amazon as well as a few other streaming services. AMC+ allows you to watch the following weeks episode of the Walking Dead. On Sunday I went to watch...only that nights current episode was available. Same next day. I sent AMC+ an email asking if there was a problem with my subscription. They said that there was a bug in the Amazon system not allowing the episode to be shown and they were working on it.

I was stuck having to wait because I couldn't sign in directly on AMC+ app. They did fix the bug yesterday. But your experience makes me think the whole Amazon Prime website had multiple tech problems affecting other add on streaming channels. In fact there were other shows I was trying to watch that were also not available. At the time though I didn't think much of it. I thought maybe I was wrong and they weren't supposed to be available immediately. But the Walking Dead show I was sure of.

I was already thinking about canceling my subscriptions through Amazon and going directly through the proprietory apps. I find it simpler. But now you are saying it is possible to sign in directly to Paramount+ with Amazon credentials? If that's possible for all the other apps like AMC+, Epix, Showtime, Starz etc. I would love that!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Seems white possible for Paramount+, AMC+ is a no go. I'll have to check the others