TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through October 10, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This is his second book ?!?!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
According to his series, he wrote one after his son went to prison and there was a judgment that any profits went to the victim's families.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wow...so I have 2 books to read.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Part of me feels for the father but part of me is like “I would never want to read anything he is conjuring up about what happened”

I actually am HAPPY they only reference/show the younger brother twice in this series ….he totally deserves to be left alone…then and now (left alone by the media…not left alone for support)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
just have to say I am SO happy to get the comic relief of Nicey Nash in her new show on ABC (The Rookie: Feds). So needed after seeing her in Dahmer...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dang forgot about that show. I’m avoiding Dahmer for a bit.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I started Dahmer last night, but could only do one episode, like the rest of you. I'll get back to it, but it's definitely not one I can "binge".

Also, regarding the books, I can only find one that was written. (and I don't know if it's the first or the second) Does anyone know the titles?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I will say the last two episodes of Dahmer were a "bit" easier than the first eight but of course at that point he is arrested and in prison ... but you still have the impact of the victim families and those who lived in the same building.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Seeing the previews with Niecy Nash tempted me to watch but I just can't.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Scooter, I only see the one he did in 94.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Pamy, me too!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I read it on CNN but it seems to me you are right, CNN was probably talking about the original book but didnt specify that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Blonde about Marilyn. It’s dark. I’ve only gotten through 1/3 of it. I’m not sure what I think. Whatever happened to the feel good movie?can anyone reccomend a happy movie that’s easy to follow? No violence, no woke lessons, no sadness. I’ll eventually get to Dahmer but just not ready just bc the actors are good.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I started it, didnt really like it, I ff to Marilyn starting in Hollywood and was still bored. I dont plan to finish watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Blonde is getting terrible reviews. Hubby had added it to our list of shows we want to watch, but now he's having second thoughts. I just Googled it, and so far it's averaged 2 1/2 stars (out of 5) from audience reviews. Too bad.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I finally finished it only because the actress was good. It’s disturbing and I’ve really been on a mission to watch uplifting things.
I guess you could say it’s artsy if you like that kind of thing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the new The Mole? Started yesterday.... wondering if it's worth it?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, we watched "Jerry & Marge Go Large" the other night. The cast is fabulous! Bryan Cranston, Annette Benning, Michael McKeen, Rainn Wilson, Larry Wilmore and more. And it's a happy, feel-good movie based on a true story. A retired math-geek figures out how to beat the odds on a lottery game and not only makes money for himself, but helps everyone in his town have a better life. It was really sweet. We loved it--and hubby doesn't do sappy movies. Enjoy!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've seen 2 episodes of the new Mole, and far its quite watchable. The things they do for money is certainly interesting!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip I’ll go look for it. I like the premise.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
A new The Mole? I thought it Netflix was showing reruns of the originals.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar Netflix does have the old one too...but no, they rebooted it. They are dropping 5 episodes every week.

Cable I watched the first 5 episodes. It's pretty good. Not as good as the original one...but like you said very watchable. I feel like some of the challenges are not explained clearly enough for us...I also don't remember them being completely split up all the time in separate teams? So it's a little confusing and very filled with content. But all in all enjoyable. Except...there is ONE of them that drives me crazy lol

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Who is hosting it?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sincebb1, I will have to let my hubby know as we both liked the original The Mole with Anderson Cooper (hubba-hubba). We weren't as fond of the celebrity editions.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh I will be sure to check out the New Mole