TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through September 26, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Maris I have watched the first 3 episodes available of Evil By Design. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Chilling to have met him and stood in the same room. Probably stomach churning for you to have worked for him and had personal interactions!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Yes Sincebb1, absolutely stomach churning to be in same room as him which is why I was out of there in a few months. Pure evil.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Great British Baking show is back, first episode is up

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Evil By Design and it really did give me the creeps. Those poor women who some 20 years later are still feeling the affects of this monster. I don’t mean to be judging here but how did Michelle May last 15 years being one of his employees? Certainly she had to know what was going on. I don’t know. She must have her reasons.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Is Evil By Design on Netflix?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's on STARZ cable channel. (or your STARZ add on to streaming services)

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I dont know how anyone lasted other than for money. I know a lot of people that worked for him who quit regularly but he would offer more and more money to bring them back. He knew keeping them employed kept their mouths shut. When I quit after a few months, they literally called me for up to a year afterwards offering me money to come back. He paid management way above market.

I still don't know what to make of Kai. There was a lot of talk about what his role was re getting women for his father when he was running the west coast warehouse for his father. He seems generally remorseful but he certainty knew about his fathers activities and nobody, but nobody could not be aware of his explosive temper and his terrible treatment of junior staff.

I was very friendly with Dana and I knew he stayed because he felt he was the only person there who could help staff and he ultimately went to CBC because people like Tiina, Jim were obviously enablers and he had no option. I know I personally made Jim Bennett who was the president of aware of things. I wrote an email about one item and he called up and said I shouldnt have put it in writing. I told him the only way I knew that they would fix the issue was if I put it in writing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well you always need slimy enablers around these people for them to be successful in taking advantage of others. And money is always involved it seems. Wonder how Mr Control Freak is doing in prison in his generic jumpsuit? Miserable I hope

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
News on "You"!

https://tvline.com/2022/09/24/you-season-4-release-date-teaser-netflix-returning-2023/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
FINALLY! I love this show. Hopefully this isn't their last season. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind after I actually watch season 4 lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and Fianlly both dead to me and manifest are returning for their final seasons on Netflix/!

both have trailers out. Now I have to subscribe again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The Dahmer series is very good. Evan Peters deserves an emmy. It is disturbing to watch, I find that after an episode I have to go watch a sitcom.
I like that they are showing some of the victims stories so they aren't just a person he killed. It really takes you on an emotional roller coaster. Sometimes, you even feel sorry for him. He really never stood a chance with his upbringing and all the drugs his mom did.}}

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's next on my list to watch

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just watched The Real Bling Ring Hollywood Heist. About the spoiled kids that robbed celebs houses in 2009, I think it was. I didn't pay much attention to it back then and I never saw the movie. Apparently Paris Hilton let them film in her home for the movie.

The kids also hit Audrina Patridge and Orlando Blooms homes etc. Eight burglaries in total. You know how they post on social media everywhere they are, so it was easy to go to the homes when they were unoccupied. They googled the addresses

Kids gained access to all the houses through unlocked doors or open windows
None of the celebs had alarm systems. Unless they had motion detectors inside it would have been of no use, because they left their doors and windows open. So no alarm would have been set off.

I don't think the kids would have broken a sliding glass door to get in for example. I do think if an alarm had gone off, they would have run.

One of the girls had just gotten a reality show on E with her sisters. A Kardashian knockoff. That whole mess made me chuckle

The whole thing is entertaining because of the lawyers, the producers on the reality show, the DA, the investigating officers. It's such a circus.

Worth watching for lighthearted, shake your head entertainment. I needed something like this before I tackle Dahmer....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just saw there is ANOTHER series Thai Cave Rescue. Trailer has a women a hydraulic engineer....never saw her mentioned in the other movie? Another point of view? Anyone watch this yet?

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I remember watching the Dahmer trial and it was horrifying. I remember the victim who got away and was begging for help but people almost gave him back to Dahmer.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I definitely can not binge watch the Dahmer miniseries. Trying to get through it one episode at a time. It is SO hard - even when you know exactly what he did.

(and purposefully avoiding certain words when i say i am trying to get through it one episode at a time, since the other vocabulary i want to say is just too sickening in the context of this series.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm having a tough time myself

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Episode 6 of Dahmer is one of the hardest to watch emotional-wise - as many reviewers have stated when praising it for the standout episode of the series. I hope Rodney Burford gets nominated for supporting actor (or guest actor) for his role as Tony Hughes ... so heartbreaking to see Tony's story develop given how much "life" he had inside of him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby will watch Dahmer by himself, if he watches it at all. We love true crime, but this one's just too gruesome and sick. Plus we already pretty much know the story. Yuck!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I try to look at it...more like...a psychological dive in to Dahmer's mind. It's evident, time and time again, that these types of twisted serial killers exhibit clues in their childhood. A predilection with death or a fascination with most of what other kids would find repulsion in.

That part intrigues me. But I wonder how much his family situation helped cultivate an already unstable mind. Mom and dad were not exactly what I define as grounded parents.

I have much I want to say...but don't want to get in the way of the unfolding of the story for those that have not watched.

There are many things I was not aware of...so for me it was very thought-provoking as well as also challenging to watch.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Dahmar's father just came out with a book. Sounds like a self reflection and trying to understand how Dahmer became the person he was.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Maris....that is definitely a book I want to read!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, ita! I wonder if his father still has to give profits to the victim's families like he did his first book