TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through September 11, 2022 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I dropped Netflix last month and don't miss it at all. Picked up Paramount+ thinking I'd watch the BB feeds but haven't watched them much. Right now, I'm watching 1883 and enjoying it.
Next month my introductory offer for HBO Max is up, so I'll be dropping that too. I don't stream enough to make any of these services worth the money.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I get free HBO max with my AT&T cellular service - that is probbly going to go away with discovery buying WB.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I haven’t watched that drama yet, but plan to. I’ve been watching a lot of the K dramas on Netflix and have really enjoyed them. Two that I really liked were Sky Castle and Something in the rain.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Zippy, I'm looking forward to the last 2 episodes this week and said that there are only 2 Extraordinary Attorney Woo left. I think I will give a few of the other Korean shows a watch. I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I’m watching Crash Landing On You right now and it’s good. Once I’ve finished I’ll check out Extraordinary Attorney Woo and report back how I like it. It’s good to see someone else watching the K dramas.

For anyone who hasn’t tried them I highly recommend checking them out. They are a nice break from the usual American Netflix shows. After awhile you don’t even notice watching with closed caption. 😀

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I just read that Netflix is reviving The Mole this fall - I think I remember that some here liked that show

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I loved The Mole! But a large part of it was Anderson Cooper! Without a good host that show would be totally ruined. Well, we know it can't be Tyra LOL she's going to go back on dancing with the stars. So let's see who they get?

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I binge watched Locke & Key and loved it. Again. The way it wrapped up seems like it could be the final season. Or maybe they did it that way in case of being cancelled.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sadly, they said it's the final season. They decided 3 seasons would be what they were going to do ahead of time. But I would love if they changed their minds

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We finished up The Offer last night. Such a great show! Matthew Goode (from "Downton Abbey") was outstanding as Robert Evans (Senior VP of Paramount at the time, he was married to Ali MacGraw).

Hubby is a huge "Godfather" fan. He was actually reading the book when he was standing in line for the movie when it first came out. I think I've only seen it once. All through the series he kept saying, "That was from the movie!" He loved it so much. DS and I went out to lunch yesterday and to the mall. When we came home, hubby was re-watching "The Godfather" for about the 15th time.

We really enjoyed it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I also loved Matthew in A Discovery of Witches! I still can't believe The Offer got bad reviews. I rely on all of you guys for reviews of what I'm planning to watch next....and you all have never steered me wrong!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Binged the third season of "Never Have I Ever" and it was as good as the first 2!

Did y'all see that Dan Levy will be part of Season 4 of "Sex Education" that is filming now? I am SO excited about this news!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I did see that, Teach. Very exciting!

I’m just starting a new one called Junior Baking Show. It is the junior version of the Great British Bake Off. Cute kids with cute accents.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Godfather is one of the greatest movies. I think I have bought it three times, VHS, DVD and now streaming. I could watch it forever. That scene where Michael has his jaw sewn together and he says, "What I want"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed The Sandman and it is not something I would generally watch.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed Uncoupled. Darren Star created another hit. Did he have anything to do with, “And Just Like That”? I never saw it. I read it tried too hard to be woke, makes me run in the opposite direction.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I truly enjoyed Exceptional Attorney Woo and was a bit sad that I have finished all 16 episodes. I sincerely hope there are additional seasons.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are 5 eps into the limited series "Echoes" and it might be the worst show I've watched in a few years. But I have to finish it.

It's like a bad Lifetime movie stretched into 7 excruciating episodes. It's about identical twin women, and one goes missing. Mystery and mayhem ensue. Of course.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81045829

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Gotta watch the bad ones to appreciate the good ones.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh Naja, I started watching that over the weekend. Maybe I'll let you finish and let me know if I should. LOL

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
binged watched Partner Track and enjoyed it a lot... because of the main character.... (sure we can see where storylines are going but still, Ingrid just has a likable quality, as do several of the other characters)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, September 04, 2022 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sugar...I took your recommendation and started watching "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" and loving it! Though I can't burn through them as quickly as other shows where I can listen and multitask since I need to read subtitles.
The writing is great and I'm impressed with Korea for shedding light onto people with Autism.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, September 04, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm so pleased you like it Mizinvanccouver, so far everyone I have suggested watch it have absolutely loved Woo Young Woo.

Although I just recently watched the series I started watching it again.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am watching Partner Track too. It's pretty good. I love the characters and their stories. It reminds me a bit of The Good Fight, my all time lawyer show

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Chef's Table Pizza. Not your normal cooking show. It really delves in to the personality, the imagination, the heart and sole of the chef. Love ❤️