TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): Archive through March 21, 2022 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching "From" on EPIX? I'm loving it!

It about a small town where once you get there, you can't escape it. When people try to leave the town, it's as if they drive in circles and end up back in the town. And at night, things come out of the woods to kill, so everyone has to stay locked inside. I'll leave it at that.

Only one ep has aired, but the first 3 eps are already in on-demand.

https://www.epix.com/series/from

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja! I will check it out.

I see that Harold Perrineau is the lead. Has he shouted out WALT yet?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
HAHA! I had totally forgotten about him on Lost.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja From sounds up my alley. Thanks for heads up. The description was reminiscent of an old series that I liked called Wayward Pines. I don't know if anybody remembers

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember Wayward Pines. It was an interesting premise for sure. I read the books and watched the show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I remember Wayward Pines too. Matt Dillon! I may have to check out From.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"From" is definitely more in the horror genre. Wayward Pines seemed more mystery/sci-fi.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I had still another TV series, images in my head...Persons Unknown. Also a cant-get-out-of-the-town theme. I recorded From, thanks Naja

Jimmer I did not know there was a book!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, if you're referring to Wayward Pines, there were actually 3 books. I also read them and highly recommend. They were much better than the TV show, which tried to cut some corners and take a different tack, which was disappointing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'll have to read those. It's true, the movie is rarely, if ever, better than the book. That's why I like watching the movie first and then read the book. I won't be disappointed LOL

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I just started episode two of From. I’m hooked.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched FROM last night -- first two eps. I'll continue with 3 and wait for more. It gave me an M. Night Shamalan feeling.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 02, 2022 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh, LOVE From!!! Thanks Naja!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Okay you evil people... I binged the first three episodes of From. Totally got hooked. Only to find out I have to buy a subscription to Epix....lol

I should sit down and figure out how much I'm paying for a month between cable and all these streaming channels. I'm sure way too much!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have no idea what's going on with my DirecTV and Epix, sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't, but I can never see the on demand. I did see episode 1, but it was blocked from episode 2, so I've been... ssshhhh... finding them ~elsewhere~ online.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
As a Spectrum subscriber we got Epix free during the pandemic. Now, I have to pay for it if I want it.

Kitt the first three episodes should be free. I accessed them through my Prime video. If you find a way to get from episode 4 on.. please share! Lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's only 4 eps of "From" that are out so far. I think the eps are now being put in on-demand one week before they air on the EPIX channel.

Here's the Prime Video page where you can access the first 3 for free.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Way-Things-Are-Now/.../

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yeah, I'm not very happy when they do this. Give you a free episode or two to try to get you to subscribe. Feels like a bait and switch. No way am I subscribing to epix now. I'll have to find the eps on my firestick or elsewhere.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how it's bait and switch. It shows it right up front it's from EPIX. EPIX has always been a pay premium channel like HBO or Showtime. I've had EPIX for quite awhile with my cable. It was the replacement when STARZ was taken out of the premiere cable tier.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I can see how it’s frustrating but it’s how they make money in order to make shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, this is why I don't even start the show when I hear that it will move to a pay channel. I noticed a few things show up on HGTV and other channels and then they move them to Magnolia or Peacock Plus or those other places.

But I have to say I never even heard of Epix until I saw it mentioned here, and I only came in because I wanted to see what

THE EVIL PEOPLE HAVE DONE, hahahahaha

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I mean I didn't even pay attention. I asked the microphone on my remote control to find From. I recorded it on my TiVo. Watched the first three episodes. Then realize what had happened LOL

Of course, I'm going to subscribe to Epix... I love the series. I'm sure they were counting on that! They were smart

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Get Shorty, Chapelwaite and The Godfather of Harlem are 3 of my favorite EPIX original series.

Here is the page listing all their originals.
https://www.epix.com/originals

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, might as well make my subscription worth it. I put those on my list

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching the new Bel Air? Its a lot darker and serious than the original. I love the new Will, he's perfect. The rest of the Banks family are so good in their depictions of these characters that we used to know.where have these actors been? I dont think I've seen any of them before!