TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through September 07, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 29, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just finished watching The Old Man last night and both hubby and I LOVED it! It reminded me a lot of both 24 and the first few seasons of Homeland (before they killed off Damian Lewis). There were a lot of twists and turns, although they gave me enough clues to figure out most of the surprises right before they were revealed. (I purposely tried not to read spoilers here before we watched it, and we waited till all episodes dropped, so we could binge.)

I wonder if it was supposed to be a longer season, but because of Jeff Bridges's illness, they shortened it? I'm really surprised he was able to finish it, he was so ill for a while there and must still be recovering his strength (you don't bounce back as quickly the older you get). Looks like they will do at least one more season. Looking forward to it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Who Do You Think You Are?

This week had Zachary Levi on it, and his gg-grandfather was in a newspaper in 1890, for having "ruined" a young girl, put her in a "delicate condition," and then gven her some "medicine," and both Zachary and his sister appeared completely clueless about what this meant. Meanwhile what we saw on the screen had all the important words highlighted! Pretty amusing. He kept speculating, and I can imagine the producer saying "hmmmm hmmm maybe yes, ermmm perhaps we should ask an expert what it means."

In the end he was send to a "historian on sexuality" in St Louis to decipher what it meant, lol.

Anyway, it's been quite an interesting season so far, but they really push Ancestry.com, and then the answer is only revealed if they make an in-person visit to somewhere. I quite envy those with a long documented history, it seems very common for Americans, where every step since they left their motherland seems to be recorded somehow. My history is church baptisms, marriages and burials and that's it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Havent seen anything about Apple TV but Loot is a very enjoyable serios.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying Loot too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maris I kicked up the Apple TV thread. It was getting close to the bottom so you couldn't see it.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I see there's a reboot of Quantum Leap coming this fall, and a Hulk show coming with a woman turning green and grumpy!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, Hollywood must've used up every single bit of originality it ever had....or they just say "No" to original pitches...so those producers just go to streaming networks who love the idea and they eventually win Emmys for it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 09, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree...I saw the preview for female hunk show...I had to SMH. Maybe if they would quit cancelling all the shows we love... They wouldn't have to think up so many new ones lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, August 10, 2022 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to She-Hulk. Bringing female superheroes from the comic books to screen is a good thing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize Tatiana Maslany is going to be She-Hulk! Now for sure I have to watch. (She was the star of Orphan Black, one of the most awesome series ever!)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We finally gave up on All Rise last night. After watching and enjoying it from the beginning, it's just not the same show since it went to OWN. They must have new writers, cause suddenly it's more of a soap opera than a courtroom show like it used to be. Sad, cause we really loved this show and all the characters.

Side Bar: I had Jury Duty this week with a female judge. I felt like I was in an episode of All Rise! So interesting and fun!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, I didn't even know it was on OWN!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Anyone remember Le Brea? It's coming back this fall. So is a new show The Resort, that looks interesting. Mystery and weird things happening at the resort.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watch La Brea. It was starting to get a little weird at the end of last season. And that's saying a lot, considering the premise of the show lol. I'm sure they have some crazy stuff in store for us.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
La Brea was pretty bad. But I’ll watch it again because it’s not a cop or doctor show and at least the premise is interesting.

(Disclaimer: I do like some police and medical shows. It’s just there’s a lot of them.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, exactly. Do you ever notice that when a network comes out with, say a medical show. All of a sudden all the other networks come out with similar shows? First responders, vampires, zombies...same. Then you get a La Brea and you are just thankful it's DIFFERENT!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Evil by design about my ex-boss is a three part series which started this month on Starz. My good Friend Dana is interviewed throughout the series as he was instrumental in bringing Nygard down. His son Kai is featured quite a bit on the show. I never met him because he worked out of the West Coast but back in NY word was he was no angel. Cant say for a fact but there was a lot of talk about his enabling dad

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching the bill nye 6 show special on earth disasters? It is so great, I missed the first one. The second was volcanoes and I learned a surprising amount of new stuff. Today was the power grid. Another to learn the. 3 more days. 3 more shows.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I sooo love the new Password on NBC with Kiki Palmer and Jimmy Fallon!!!!! I loved the original and the revival is just as good!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm not into game shows, but this Password -- YES!. Love it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We are enjoying Password too. I was iffy with Keke as host but I do like her hosting style.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! We are enjoying it, as well!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Me too! I wish they would run the old Password on the Game Show Network.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, good news! You can watch on Pluto TV which is free. They just added Buzzr TV. You can watch now many game shows... including Super Password and Password Plus

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed in finale shows of both In The Dark and Roswell New Mexico! Total letdowns!