TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through August 20, 2022 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, she reminds me of a few people. But first in mind are both Lisa Marie Presley and her Daughter, Riley Keough.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, didn't know Riley Keogh was Lisa Marie's daughter! They're not the ones I'm thinking of though, I had a spark of a memory of a role she was in, but when I looked it up that was Mare Winningham (who's not the one I was thinking of). Hopefully it will come to me!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
She reminds me of Annabeth Gish. I just started watching.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, is this the person you're thinking of?

She was on The Good Place (she played the robot, IIRC)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4955642/mediaviewer/rm610300160?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_27

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's the tall one, SFJ. She reminds me of Madeline Zima.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. Is this the tall one one?

Abbi Jacobson (She was one of the two leads in Broad City.)

Credits at the link:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3434305/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t1

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the tip on the offer. I am enjoying it thoroughly. Of course I remember Robert Evans, I can remember a life magazine spread on him and Ali McGraw as the Hollywood power couple. His yellow tinted sunglasses.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The one I was talking about is Abbi Jacobson, who's the shorter "farm girl." I think the actress she looks like is Lili Taylor, although I can't find photos of Lili looking exactly the same as the memory that triggered me over Abbi Jacobson.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If you have Starz on Amazon, there is a three part documantary that aired on Friday about Peter Nygard, that POS that I worked for. The most despicable person I have ever met. My friend Dana was the one who ratted him out nd finally got the ball rolling where he ended up siting in a jail cell waiting for extradition to NY.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I binged The Offer this past weekend and thoroughly loved it - but I'm a Godfather geek who has seen parts 1 and 2 anywhere from 25-30 times. As far as the critics are concerned, at Rotten Tomatoes while the critics didn't love it, the viewers did. It reminds me of Bohemian Rhapsody which the critics absolutely hated yet went on to win a bazillion awards.

I will admit the first few episodes are a little "slow" but it is only setting up for bringing everyone in before they start filming the movie. Once the fourth episode comes around and they are starting to work on the movie, The Offer starts rocking and rolling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really feel like we have to come to some kind of understanding, otherwise everything we watch on every pay service will be in the Amazon Prime Video thread just because you can sign up for them them through there.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Paper Girls on Prime. Four girls in 1988 get swept into 2019. So far, so good.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I watched Paper Girls, it was good even if it was a bit corny. Not sure if there will be a season 2

Watched season 1 of "league of their own", loved it and hope there will be a season 2

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve been enjoying Paper Girls. Only seen four episodes so far.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Maris I was at a few parties that Peter Nygard attended. He was one of those people that I disliked intensely when I met him. Just...internal cringe. He was so full of himself. It was totally apparent to me that he was a complete a-hole.

I can't imagine you having to work for the likes of him. I could barely stand being in the same room with him

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I know Since, you just want to hurl being in the same room as him which is why I quit after spectacularly unloading on him in a meeting. I then proceeded to tell the president of the company that Nygards brain was probably destroyed by syphillis or he had dementia but he was clearly insane. I only lasted working for him for six months and that was terrible. Dana, the man in the series is the person that hired me and we are still friends. He had started around the same time as I did and we both quickly realized that Nygard was evil.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol .. well in some strange way.. that makes me feel better! Knowing that somebody told him where to go and how to get there LOL

From what I saw of him, he probably didn't even care. He was so full of himself it most likely didn't even faze him!

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
He remembers me alright. They were calling me for months afterwards. Once he is tried and really locked up I will tell more

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Making the cut season 3 is back. Just watched first episode and there are some great designers. Might be an exciting season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, yey....I was afraid it was not coming back. Thanks for heads up

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first few episodes! Loved them

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip on "The Offer" I really enjoyed it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just started "Landscapers" on Amazon Prime. It's about an older couple who've been on the lam in France for 15 years and run out of money, so they decide to come back to the UK and "tell their story" of what really happened to the wife's parents who were found buried in their backyard. It stars Olivia Colman, who is just an awesome actress. Love her. It's kind of different, too, in that Olivia's character is obsessed with old movies and movie stars, so she sometimes imagines that she's in a movie. The presentation of the storyline is done in a very original way at times. And Olivia is outstanding, as always. Only four episodes.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We watched the 1st episode and need to finish Landscapers. I agree the Olivia Coleman is an interesting actor.

Babyjaxmom, have you seen any of the Letters Live she and a host of others have read? You can find them on YouTube. Funny and interesting.