TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through August 14, 2022 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 05, 2022 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bosch: Legacy premieres this Friday on Amazon Freevee. I haven't turned on my Amazon Prime in six months, so I'm assuming Freevee is what used to be IMDb

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 05, 2022 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh I wonder if I will get this, Lexie!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well I went to my Amazon Prime account and was able to put Bosch: Legacy into my watchlist. I guess if I had turned on Amazon Prime in the last six months, I would have learned that IMDb is now Freevee.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! More Bosch!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie! I'm in the same boat :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I love Bosch!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Has anybody watched Bosch yet? I'm wondering if we can watch thru Amazon Prime and not have to watch commercials, or if we'll be directed back to Freevee, which must show commercials since it's free. We don't watch ads anymore, and we pay a pretty penny to avoid them. So disruptive!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, you can watch Bosch Legacy through Amazon. It doesn't redirect you anywhere else. At the beginning of each ep it lets you know it's a Freevee original presented with "limited" commercials. It looks like there are two short commercials per episode. There are 4 episodes up right now.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The first four episodes of Bosch: Legacy were EXCELLENT!!! TBH, the two 30-second commercials really didn't bother me.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
So happy to find the Bosch Legacy, just watched the second installment. great show. The commercials are minimal and not a distraction at all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now that all my shows are on summer hiatus (which helps me free up shows already on my DVR), I can start watching Prime again. With the exception of Bosch, I'm always late to the party. I binged Reacher over Monday and Tuesday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I never watched the movie(s) because of Tom Cruise. Paying to see a Tom Cruise movie is like putting money into the Church of Scientology.

I am very excited for a S2 of Reacher. I won't be late to this party.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I feel the same way about Tom Cruise. I'd kind of like to go see the new Top Gun movie, but . . . Tom Cruise. Ugh.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM... All my friends are loving Top Gun but I feel like if I pay to watch it, I'm helping Tom Cruise "level up" in the Church of Scientology.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie! I have heard nothing but good things about the new movie, and I've also heard, that it must be watched in a theater, that it will lose too much to watch it on tv. Just passing along the information I've picked up :-)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The original Top Gun movie evokes so so many different memories for me - all good - that I want to see the new one, in the theater. And for half of my life I would see anything Tom Cruise was in (for my 14th birthday, i picked Born on the 4th of July over The Little Mermaid, even though both were great movies that came out that weekend). But now, its just so difficult to separate him from his personal life.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My hubby saw it in the theatre (first morning showing at a small cinema on Thursday, hardly anyone there and only $6!) as he was a huge fan of the original. He said apart from the sound of the dramatic flight scenes - which (the sounds) are almost identical to the original - it didn’t really need to be watched on the big screen.

I find it hard to separate him from real life too.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Top Gun was iconic. I will be going to see the new one in the theater. There is plenty of other talent in the film to support. I also like that it's real footage -- not fake green screen, so I also support that, which costs a fortune.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I stumbled on a 2007 docu called Girl 27.

"Patricia Douglas discusses the 1937 MGM scandal in which she and 100 other underage girls were tricked into attending a stag party, where she was raped"

It is really worth your time!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started a new show on Amazon Prime last night, "The Offer." It's about the making of the movie "The Godfather." It's fun for me, cause I remember a lot of the people involved (head of Paramount Studios Bob Evans and his giant glasses; he was married to Allie MacGraw from "Love Story"). I was a kid in high school when that movie came out. It's one of hubby's favorites. He read the book and has seen the movie at least 10 times.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The Offer was great fun to watch! I especially enjoyed the dinner scene where the cast sits down to eat together for the first time. Imagine no one wanting to hire 'that shrimp' Pacino. Great cast all around and good storytelling! Miles Teller has had a very good year. I think you can also stream it on Paramount.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been binging "A League of Their Own" and it's nothing like I thought it would be!

I thought it was basically going to be like the movie, but it's about really about the lesbians of the WWII All-American professional women's baseball league.

It's really good.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kappy and Babyjax, thanks for the reviews. I was going to watch it a few months ago, but it got lousy reviews so I skipped it. Now I just need go remember to watch it when BB is over. Lol!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I had forgotten about The Offer. Thanks for the reminder! It got bad reviews??? Wow, I love it! There are so many actors I enjoy in it too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can anyone tell me who the shorter of the main two women in A League of Their Own reminds me of?

She looks so like an actress who was quite common in the 2000s, maybe 1990s. She had a kind of quiet voice.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I never understood the bad reviews for The Offer. I can't say enough about the acting of the entire cast!