TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through July 11, 2022 users admin

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
On man, totally bummed out. I wondered if anyone caught this, a few episodes before the last. It cracked me up. When Jimmy switches to Saul, the way he chooses the name is from the phrase, "it's all good man". Saul Goodman. Maybe everyone caught that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We knew, Smokey :-)

It was first said in a Lawyer Saul Goodman commercial ad on the show when Saul was on Breaking Bad. I think season 2. And then in the very first season of Saul in 2015, they did a flashback to when he was doing his scams, and he said it then, too.

Here's the clip from season Season 1 ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKLhbirSAM

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Finally...

https://tvline.com/2019/11/20/better-call-saul-season-5-premiere-date-amc/

It's back in February.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For those without Netflix, AMC will show the Breaking Bad movie (first tv premiere) after a Breaking Bad series marathon starting January 19th for the marathon (each season airing on Sundays) and ending Sunday Feb 16 at 8pm ET with the movie.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/07/breaking-bad-movie-amc-premiere-date-full-series-marathon/

Then Better Call Saul season 5 starts the next Sunday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think you might be off by a month?

eta: Oh, you mean the next Sunday in Feb. I read it wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Anyway, Season 5 premiere Sunday, Feb. 23.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the Sunday after the end :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight's the night! Yes!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2020 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't been able to watch last night's premiere yet, but I noticed there's another new episode on tonight, it's regular night.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2020 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's so fun to watch the threads being woven to tie us into Breaking Bad. And to see Jimmy becoming Saul. One of those first eps was SO tense!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 09, 2020 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I really like the actress who plays Kim....I am waiting in her to bail on Jimmy/Saul.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For anyone who has been worried about Bob Odenkirk:

Mr. Bob Odenkirk @mrbobodenkirk

Hi. It's Bob.

Thank you.

To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week.

And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me. It’s overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much.

I had a small heart attack. But I'm going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.

Also, AMC and SONYs support and help throughout this has been next-level. I'm going to take a beat to recover but I'll be back soon.

12:48 PM · Jul 30, 2021

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was so worried. Thanks for the update. Love Odenkirk.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe they even reported it on the cable news shows. I know I practically adore the guy, but I had no idea he was so big to others that tv news would be reporting on his health.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My 20 year old son and I binged all of Breaking Bad a few months ago and loved it. Better Call Saul is on our list, so I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 20, 2022 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 6 Premieres April 18 on AMC!

Season 6 trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz3u06eXf0E

Punkin

08-13-2009

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Tonight is the beginning of the end, sadly. . Better Call Saul's prequel will finally catch up to Breaking Bad. I have so thoroughly enjoyed both series!

The New Yorker has an excellent article about the two shows that's worth a read.

"How “Better Call Saul” Brilliantly Killed the Thrills of “Breaking Bad”!

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on-television/
how-better-call-saul-brilliantly-killed-the-thrills-of-breaking-bad ….

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone has Netflix and fancies a binge watch, they have Better Call Saul seasons 1-5. We've just been through them all - there are only 10 episodes a season so it's not too long - and are going to watch the first half of S6 when it's repeated on AMC on July 1st.

Then after Saul S6B ends (I think it's July 11th to August 22nd) we're going to finish with Breaking Bad all seasons on Netflix.

It'll be fun to see them in order, and see how well they meshed the Saul stories into the beginning of Breaking Bad. Also interesting how we feel about people like Gus Fring during BB. I remember first time round I kind of respected him for the early seasons, but now having seen what he's done in BCS that will change.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
1) Season 6B starts tomorrow!

2) Here's the "Gene" (Saul's pseudonym when he ran away to Omaha) story so far, with video. Rumour has it they will end Gene's story with the end of the season/series.

https://tvline.com/lists/better-call-saul-gene-omaha-scenes-explained-video/better-call-saul-gene-omaha-season-1/

There are a few missing scenes, but most are there, what's missing is described in the text.

FYI: Jeff, the cab driver at the end who recognises Saul at the mall, has been re-cast when the character is back next season.

Btw, if you hear Star Trek sounds, go down to the Star Trek advert at the bottom of the page and mute that video, before playing the Saul ones.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We've had the Breaking Bad Marathon on 24/7 until the 6B starts!

Thanks for the link :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
While I'm watching the Breaking Bad Marathon, I really wonder how anybody managed waiting a week between the episodes of this awesome show. The cliffhangers would have been torturous, let alone just how exciting every episode was. I never had to wait since I binged it shortly after the series ended. It took 2 weeks.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Help me remember, why did Hank, Jr etc think the kids couldn’t live with Walt and Skylar?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's been a while since I've watched it, but I think somehow Skylar realised Walt was into something dodgy, it got too much for her and she walked into the swimming pool as if to kill herself. I think it was after that that Hank and Marie took the kids for a while.

Better Call Saul episode 8 any minute now!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Our power's gone out in the middle of recording it :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Also 85deg out and 82deg in, and now no fans or AC :-( :-( :-( :-(