TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through June 02, 2022 users admin

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Saturday, April 30, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We just saw Badhaai Do. An Indian comedy about a gay cop who marries a lesbian gym teacher so their families will stop nagging them to get married. Then they nag about why aren't you pregnant yet?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I think they're supposed to pair off Benedict with Penelope Featherington/Lady Whistledown. That would only be right, since she obviously has a huge crush on him and they've been BFFs forever (on the show). I'm looking forward to that. A year is too long to wait between seasons!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 30, 2022 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh I’m thinking of the middle brother. What is his name? He’s been with both women and men on the series.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops! My mistake Lakecat. It's Colin who Penelope is in love with. I think Bendict is the bisexual sibling. I think they're going to skip him, cause I think they said they're going to do Colin next. They are not necessarily doing them in alphabetical order, since Daphne was first.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, I remember my mother sending me to the store when I was 5 or 6. I had to leave our suburban corner and cross a busy street with no lights. I was not unfamiliar with this as I accompanied my mother to the store for years. My sister and I often set off to fetch wild blueberries for dinner from the active train tracks about 2 miles from the house when I was 4 she was 3 years older.

Maybe Japan is where we were in the early 50's.

I always say that my parents would have been arrested if we were acting like that today. My sister used to take me to the movies when she was 7 and I was 3, we had to get on a bus and ride into town. After she was 10 she would not take me anymore, so I had to go alone.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sadie I think the really in-depth article, mentioned that it in Japan they expect more autonomy out of small children than in the United States.

Heck LOL just like you I think I went a lot of places I probably shouldn't have when I was little. Sadly, nowadays, young children can't run around even in their front yard like they used to.

But to see a two or three year old that could barely walk running around in a city in Japan with all the cars and buses and everything was quite astonishing.

I can remember when I was very little I decided to bust out of our gated backyard. Somebody had left the fence unhooked. To me I felt like I was running like the wind down the sidewalk. As I approached the end of the sidewalk to cross the very busy road (and I could hear everyone screaming behind me) it dawned on me that I was not allowed to cross the road by myself. So I just made a right turn. Essentially I was just running around in a circle on our sidewalk LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 and Sadiesmom, we lived in San Jose, CA when I was very little (till I was 8). We used to run all over the neighborhood, mainly on our suburban street. I walked half a mile to school by myself (or with the little girls next door) from my first day of kindergarten. My mother didn't take me to my first day of school! I can't imagine letting my son go all by himself! We also crossed busy streets alone and went to the nearby Safeway and the Winchell's Donut shop unaccompanied. My hubby grew up in San Francisco. He and his younger siblings used to ride the city bus all by themselves to their school downtown (they lived out in Daly City, south of the city). I was horrified when I heard that one!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was not less dangerous when we were young, it was just less talked about. But then I remember that my mom dropped out of school when she was 10 to operate a steam machine in a laundry. Each generation is more protected.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Circle Season 4 is up on Netflix. We watched the first three episodes last night. I love that they put them all up at once, so we can binge. It's just a light, funny little show that occasionally makes us LOL, and I love to watch them strategize--or try to unsuccessfully. The host is really funny, too.

And I just have two words: "Spice Girls."

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two episodes of The Lincoln Lawyer last night and enjoyed it

recognized two actors from Ugly Betty!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom you are right it’s been confirmed, Bridgetton 3 will revolve around Colin and Penelope.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love watching the Circle, too. It so interesting how the people make connections only thru messaging and group chats.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, just like us here at TV Clubhouse! 😊

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Babyjax--that's very true!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Stranger Things season 4. I am finding it sad and boring. I just finished ep 2

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 30, 2022 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Late to the Bridgerton party... I binged all of Season 1 yesterday. Loved it! Next up, Season 2, soon. 😀

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, Stranger Things has lost some of its charm for me. The cast was so endearing. It was like Stand By Me with monsters. Now it's all monsters. Both human and alien...and much more violence. I'm on the "6th Chapter" so far. This was one of my favorites. I hope they dial it back a bit...we will see.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first 2 episodes of Stranger Things and agree with Pamy and Sincebb1, it is a bit dull and lacks the charm the between characters from the earlier seasons.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I got to ep 4 and thought ok now it is getting better and then it went back to being depressing. Lost it's charm is a great way to put it!

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I liked it with the exception of the Hopper/Russia storyline.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Binged season 2 of Bridgerton yesterday and today. Excellent.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Okay. Stranger Things starts to get back on track on chapter 6... And I'm really liking chapter 7.... So hang in there

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’s good to hear!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The first few eps of this season of Stranger Things gave me bad dreams, so it's apparently impressing me. LOL. I have one more episode for this set and I'm still intrigued. It has lost some of its charm, to me, simply because the kids are all grown up. Not sure how to get past that one!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda that also could definitely be true. I really like the whole cast though. I didn't realize I was watching the last chapter of that series. I was just getting into it and now I have to wait till July for the next part.