TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through July 08, 2022 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks SinceBB1 - I hope it does pick up.

Naja - I find it slow because it is very "talky"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Meanwhile, I have finally started watching my recording of The Gilded Age and I absolutely love it!!! I watched the first two episodes last night and will binge the rest today.

The only thing I don't get (and I may have missed it) is why no one in high society likes Mrs. Russell (the one with the new mansion on 61st and 5th Avenue).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lexi, I believe it's because she's ambitious and nouveau riche, and not part of the Establishment.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, she's new rich, not old established rich.
Enjoy!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I made it through Episode 6. I'm thoroughly loving this. I Googled and I see we will be getting a S2 so I'm excited!!!

I thought that's why they were snobbing Mrs. Russell but I wasn't sure if I had missed something. They weren't loving that "new money" LOL

I'm recording The Time Traveler's Wife. Is that worth watching?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have caught up in Time Traveler's Wife and will keep watching....

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No idea why I never watched “the queens gambit” before the last 24 hours, but binge watched all 7 episodes (5 last night 2 today) …chess was ironically the only topic I DIDN’T check out every book from the library as a kid since l just went by instinct so regardless of being county champion at 14, i am clueless on terminology…..otherwise I would have watched immediately when it was released.. loved every second of it. (Only went to see what it was about because “Jolene” is playing “Third Sister” in the Obi Wan series and I want to see everything she has been in). Totally deserved all the awards.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
LOVED Queens Gambit!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Where can I rant about The Time Traveler's Wife?! It's severely stressing me out! Anyone else watching so we can make a thread?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kitt, it is chaotic for sure.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I watched it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
OK, I will make a thread so we can talk about specific stuff from the episodes.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I plan to watch "The Traveler's Wife" - when I can binge the whole thing so my old brain can follow it. Time travel is a favorite theme for me but when it's a series is harder to follow than a movie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's already over, SFJ. So you can start your binge.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read the book The Time Traveler's Wife a few years back. I'm finding the series so sad--and stressful!!! But having read the book ("I had to take a look"--Beatles song "A Day in the Life"), I kind of know what's coming (unless they change it), so I'm hanging in there. I love both Rose Leslie and Theo James, who are, ironically, both Brits using American accents.

There's been some conversation online about whether Henry was "grooming" Rose, but I have to say no, because in his life (in the future), she is already his wife, and he's just drawn to see her as a little girl. In Rose's case, by the time she meets Henry, she is well acquainted and he is the one who's never (at that point) met her. I found it very imaginative and an interesting storyline. But all the things that happen to Henry are definitely hard to watch.

I agree, Kitt. It is stressful. But I think I only have one episode left, so I'll stick with it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just started watching The Outlaws on Amazon Prime and am enjoying it. Stephen Merchant is one of the creators and actors. It also has Christopher Walken who I didn't really appreciate for quite some time.
The story is about 7 strangers working together as part of a community payback sentence in Bristol, England.
If you are looking for a new show, you might give this a look.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Binge And go post in the Time Traveler's Wife thread, SanFran.. I will be interested!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It's already over, SFJ. So you can start your binge.?

Thank you, Naja! I hadn't realized that until I read your post. I waited until yesterday when I knew I wouldn't be disturbed and watched it all at once. LOVED it! And I woke up thinking about it this morning. I even rewatched the finale because I was a bit confused the first time around. I almost always use the subtitles because my hearing isn't what it used to be....and I discovered they had been obscuring the little notes at the bottom saying stuff like "Henry is 28. Clare is 20." Those notes made a huge difference with following Henry's chaotic time-jumping journeys. Thanks again.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, The Old Man is making me half crazy. Just when I'm ready to give up on it because it is slow and talky, the last 15 minutes happen and pick it up.

But one thing is sooooooo confusing. Harper's assistant. Who is she? Is she Chase's daughter, Emily? I thought they said Emily had died years ago (which made me think he was imagining his telephone conversations with her).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 27, 2022 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She is his daughter! My daughter said before the reveal on the last show that she thought she was his daughter even if that was far-fetched. Not so far-fetched after all. Harper is looking for someone who is right under his nose.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 27, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gotcha... so they "killed off" the daughter and gave her a new identity and her security clearance in the IC. What could possibly go wrong?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I binged The Bear today and what a fantastic show! FX has been knocking it out of the park lately.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The twists last night on "The Old Man" sure took me by surprise! What an incredible show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It just keeps getting better and better!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Late to the Jinx on HBO since I didn't have HBO Back then. But my mouth was agape as the docu-series ended. Holy cow. Those filmmakers basically broke the case! This is why I enjoy true crime.