TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Cancellations and Renewals: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 15, 2022 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2022 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Gentleman Jack cancelled by HBO.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Gentleman Jack. It's very quirky and ahead of its day. I just recently found out it's based on a real person who lived in the 1800s and was pretty openly a lesbian. Of course, had she been a gay man, she probably would have been hanged from the nearest tree, but I guess enough people were willing to look the other way for a woman. I'd like to read more about her.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1337305/gentleman-jack-stars-react-to-the-shows-cancelation-after-2-seasons

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Only Murders in the Building renewed by Hulu.

Chad cancelled by TBS. Never heard of this show, but looks like the already filmed season 2, which was due to start airing today, will not actually air.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Criminal Minds renewed but moving to Paramount+. Most of the cast will be back, but not Dr Spencer Reid.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nice! But I will miss Spenser.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Criminal Minds cancelled a couple of years ago?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was cancelled in 2020. But now Paramount+ is bringing it back.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Even though I watched all the seasons of Criminal Minds, I found the later seasons to be quite dark, and the character of Penelope to be annoying AF. I would watch this if it was back on network TV but I refuse to pay for Paramount+.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A lot of us have Paramount+ already because of the Big Brother feeds. I keep it year around.

For those that don't know already, Paramount+ used to be CBS All-Access.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
My daughter has Paramount+ and I have login rights, but I don't enjoy watching shows on my computer

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with Lexie. After a while, I found I just wasn't enjoying it as much. It got repetitive and more and more unrealistic.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Believe me, if I could only watch Paramount+ on the computer, I wouldn't have it either. It's built into my Comcast/xfinity cable box, as it is with lot of other tv providers, and all smart TV's as well. And it's only one hdmi cable to connect your computer to the TV.

OR there are countless devices to send your shows wirelessly from your computer to your tv.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sent+computer+wirelessly+to+tv&tbm=shop

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I've had a free few months of Paramount+ and the app is awful. Constantly freezing, had to uninstall and then reinstall, too many ads, about 50/50 if you could start watching where you left off (were kicked out of the app) or had to start over.

We have been thinking about getting rid of cable and doing some judicious streaming for all the shows we like. This is the first time I wasn't able to get a VERY sweet deal with the AT&T. CBS has a few favorite shows being only be available on Paramount+ probably won't work. GRR

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If you have Amazon Prime, you can subscribe to P+ through there, and the app works smoothly.

I didn't have Paramount+ for ages but gave in due to all the Star Trek content, and now I find it really useful for when my recorder does things like refuse to tape Bold and Beautiful because it thinks it's a repeat when it isn't.

And it's there to watch Evil of course. Can't miss that!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We pay an extra $5 a month for Paramount+ with no ads (total amount $9.99 a month). You'd spend a lot more than that going to the movie just once in a month. We watch everything CBS on P+ cause of the no ads. We also love Evil and I love the Star Trek stuff (the Star Trek prequel, "Strange New Worlds," with Captain Pike took me down a rabbit hole of being a tween and watching ST every Friday night with my brother!).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I have Amazon Prime. Are you saying that my nephew could come over and hook up my Paramount+ on my TV? (I don't download anything - I leave everything to my techie nephew). Would I have to pay for Paramount+ through Prime? If I have to pay for it, I won't. I'm still hooked up to all my cable channels so the only streaming I do is free (like Amazon Prime and HBO Max)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, you'd have to pay. Amazon Prime has add on options that you pay for - usually at the same price that you'd pay for if you went straight to the original streamer - but once you subscribe through Amazon, you can watch them through the Amazon app. So Paramount+ is one, and I know they do AMC+ through there too.

One really handy thing is if you have an older smart tv that only has Netflix and Amazon apps on it (the one in front of our treadmill is like that) you can watch shows from other apps through Amazon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dr Death renewed by Peacock.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One really handy thing is if you have an older smart tv that only has Netflix and Amazon apps on it (the one in front of our treadmill is like that) you can watch shows from other apps through Amazon.

That's interesting!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I added AMC+(Shudder/Sundance/IFC Films), EPIX, Starz, Paramount+ plus a couple of others I can't remember...to my Amazon app.

Amazon Prime Video has about 100 plus channels you can add. Like Britbox, Showtime, Discovery+ etc. I have my Prime app on everything. Like Kitt, I have an older Tivo that you can't add apps, but Prime is already on there...so I can watch all the other from my Prime app.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And the nice thing about signing up for streaming services thru Amazon is that you can manage them through the Amazon app on your computer. You can see what services you subscribe to and easily cancel any services you don't watch if you want to.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Too complicated for me.
Anyway I just moved and when I re signed for direct TV it dropped the Lifetime channel. Is there anyway I can watch Married At Forst Site without it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just tried at the lifetime website, and it didn't make me login or anything. Don't know if it's up to date though:
https://play.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Kitt, how would I go about adding P+ through Amazon Prime? I'd be interested in doing that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On a pc (not sure what you do from the app) go to the Amazon Prime link on the top bar.

Go to Channels on the second line.

Then I get a lot of panels, and one says "Add more channels," click on that and the channel options appear so you can find the one you want to add.

Click on it, and then the "learn more" shows you sign up details.

Once you've signed up for it, you search for shows from the channel as you would normal prime shows, on the pc or on the app.