TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through October 24, 2018 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree. The mouse is running the bus.

I also don't think Kelly is running off her cohosts.

I think Disney treated her shabby by not letting her know that her co-hosts were leaving. Then they let her look bad when she got upset.

I think Disney is an "all boys club" and I am sure Ryan is bring paid a HUGE amount of money. Kelly is getting older and they figure if Ryan is popular, they can dump Kelly and put a young bimbo in to replace her. Someone who doesn't open their mouth when they are treated poorly and who could be paid a lot less.

Ryan has enough jobs. And he lives on the west coast. Why would he want this one? Something is up.

I miss Regis. He was the one worth watching. And I liked Kelly with him. They were a good pair,

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BBpeach, I thought the same thing

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
BBPeach, I missed your comment up there. Great minds think alike. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read that they set up a studio so Ryan can do his radio gig from the east coast.

And also read that Kelly and family have talked about relocating to LA, so that could happen.

Other than that I don't watch daytime tv (if I watch tv in the daytime it would be something recorded on my dvr) , haven't seen Kelly in years and I do like Ryan but I agree he has an amazing number of jobs.. but he seems to work really hard at them.

I didn't see the others who were in the running so I cannot comment on them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hey! Some wishful thinking here. Maybe Ryan has some free time because the Kardashians are being cancelled? :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure at this point the most Ryan does with the Kardashian's show is cash big checks.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was wondering why I haven't seen the two front runners lately, the guy that's married to Rebecca Romin and the guy from Wonder Years ( I'm bad at names this morning). Not sure how I feel about Seacrest hosting and I agree with Sadiesmom, those are two awfully big egos to please.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
some one who knows both these people said
that he is sure Ryan is getting a much money as Kelly (his ego)
Known have to find link that Kelly demanded a producer credit so she would have more control of the show, Ryan also got a producer cerdit, so advantage cancelled.
Ryan Seacrest Named New Co-Host Of ‘Live With Kelly’
Kelly was taking too long to pick a co-host so the show picked one for her
Kelly used her power to get certain privileges etc in her contract, as sole host. Might nto be a powerful anymore
without a co-host, they have to run reruns when she goes on vacation, now they can have Ryan with and keep with new shows.
also thought that don't be surprised to see it become Ryan and Kelly at some point and then Kelly will be out. purely their opinion based on backstage gossip.

can't give you a link to this conversation, it was a radio program.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I remember an interveiew that Kelly early in the days of Regis and Kelly. She was getting a lot of opportunities to be a spokesperson ect. She made the comment 'I know this business is fickle and I may not last long. Mark's and my goals are to capitalize on every opportunity we are given so that when the times change we are financially secure for our children. Our goal is always focused around our children"

That always stuck with me because it seemed so wise.

Why is it that Ryan can have so many shows, producer credits on everything he does, and he is applauded, but yet Kelly is manipulatiave?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She has a new reality show and I've been meaning to watch it. It have been busy. I can't remember the name but it revolves around gay men on vacation I think. It comes on right after Ru Paul.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well sometimes women are judged harsher, abut sometimes they are manipulative. It is like saying why does Mariah get called on for being high, well because she is high a lot, men are as well. so calling her on it does not mean it is not true, but yes others can be called on it as well.

From what I understand Ryan and Kelly are both workaholics with big egos. I do know is that she really wanted her husband to be co-host with her for since Regis left and she keeps losing out on that one so not manipulative enough. How do I know? she has said it in interviews

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I usually enjoy Kelly, but lately I feel like she is constantly sucking up to Ryan, how great he is, how they are the same person, how they are such good friends outside of work. It seems like she is trying too hard with him and I'm almost ready to stop watching altogether. Anyone else notice this, or am I just being cranky?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think you might just be cranky. LOL I think she has finally got a co-host that she is actually friends with and he seems like the nicest guy.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
LOL Probably Mamie :-) I don't doubt they like each other, but quit talking about it so much!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've missed this entire season. They changed the time an hour later in Tx and now that I'm in Mo. not only have I not had time to really sit down and watch, Its on a weird channel I'm not use to. I saw one episode a few weeks ago and it looked as if Kelly had either some Botox or an eye lift or something. Maybe it was a different make up artist.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You didn't get my permission to leave Texas, Lakecat! How could you do that? What were you thinking? (Hope you actually love it and moved there because it is a wonderful opportunity for you.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxip, both our families live in Mo. so far I'm loving it. The other day it was cold and rainy and I was struggling with some groceries and cleaning supplies getting them in the car and there was a cinnamon roll bakery next door, the owner came out with 4 freshly baked rolls and said looks like you could use some comfort food. Everyone is so friendly but we have that in Tx too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's wonderful and I wish you well in your new, thought regrettably land-locked, state!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It is weird leaving Tx after 57 yrs. thanks!
I'm wondering if Kelly is being particularly lovey dovey with Ryan bc of Michael Strahans new show. She may be hell bent in showing that she can get along with and have a good rapport with someone since she and Strahan did not.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan and Kelly socialize outside of work. They are the same age and peers.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh I have to stop reading gossip stuff. Yeah no, they are not friends according to gossip pages, but yes they are besties according to all the magazine interviews they do.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Good idea, Sadiesmom. I always thought Kelly and Michael got along really great.

I miss Regis.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well we know that Kelly really sabotaged Regis.
some times he goes on Kathy Lee's show and co hosts. They still get along great.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Actually we don't know anything at all about these people except what they show us on television, what their publicists put out and what other people say about them that isn't substantiated.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kathie Lee has a show?

I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out and see if I get to see Regis.