TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hulu Original Shows: Archive through June 15, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
https://www.consumerreports.org/streaming-media/find-where-shows-and-movies-are-streaming-a3855465221/

This should work

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Dang. Just in the past few days I've been watching last few episodes of This Is Us and Transplant on Hulu because of the sick antenna on rooftop of this condo bldg. Normally excellent reception on it. I think filter is needed on it because . . . .

Literally as I was typing this, picture on TV got WAAAY worse. What is going on?? I didn't know antenna repairman was here in condo building working on it. Knock on wood, after about a month reception is excellent again.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, that totally SUCKS that we will no longer be able to watch NBC shows w/out commercials on Hulu. I subscribed to Peacock for a short time (wanted to watch the Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip). But then I unsubscribed cause I have SO many TV subscriptions. We'll probably just record anything we watch on NBC and have to FF thru the ads. So irritating!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I called Hulu late last night and asked about NBC shows on Hulu. Person I was talking with hadn't heard anything about NBC shows leaving Hulu. I hope they don't. I've never tried Peacock. Don't want to subscribe to another streaming channel. I am thinking about Apple TV +.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Watching Girl From Plainville...about Michelle Carter. The girl that encouraged her boyfriend to kill himself.

I followed this case. It is bizarre. Seeing this series raises even more questions and I had before.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That one's on our list to watch, Sincebb1.

We've been watching Dropout. It's a true story about the young woman who started Theranos, a startup company that was supposed to revolutionize the blood testing industry. It was a total scam. Very interesting story! Stars Amanda Seyfried and many other big stars.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep,finished Dropout. Loved it!

Watching Julia love that too!

You know, writers don't even have to make up stories lol. When you draw from true life stories or real peoples lives. It is far more interesting, charming or bizarre than anything one could ever write! LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching Life and Beth. Amy Schumer wrote and directed it for Hulu. The first couple of episodes didn't grab me, but I decided to hang in and see if it got better. It really did! Partway through the final episode (there are only 10 half-hour eps), it finally dawned on me that this show could be based on Amy's life. I Googled it and found out that it was based on Amy's life, but not totally biographical (about 50%).

The character's name is Beth (Amy's middle name in real life). She's in an unfulfilling relationship, estranged from most of her family and her closest friend from her childhood, and stuck in a job she hates. She eventually meets a guy who's very blunt and always says exactly what he means. He even tells her, "I can't lie." It's so obvious to me that he's on the ASD spectrum (as is my son, so I recognize the behaviors). Suddenly a lightbulb went on over my head! Amy's husband is also on the spectrum and is a farmer/chef just like the character.

I ended up really enjoying the series. It was heartwarming. It was a good illustration of how we all carry the heartbreaks and traumas of our early years through life, allowing them to hold us back from true happiness.

Highly recommend. I hope Amy gets at least a couple of Emmy nominations. Great cast also!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Under the Banner of Heaven?

I've made it halfway through the 1st episode, but that family is just so creepy to even look at.

And a warning, if you Google the show, be careful reading any stories. The few I've read spoiled it.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I watched about as much as you did. It just didn't hold my interest so I shut it off.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom - Glad to hear from someone who has watched Amy Schumer's show as I wasn't going to watch it based on the previews. Now I think I'll give it a chance. I've been rooting for her since Last Comic Standing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! Hope you do, too.

I started reading the book of "Under the Banner of Heaven." It was really heavy and very violent. Repetitively so. I only got halfway through and gave up on it. We've got it set up to record, but haven't watched it yet. Waiting for all episodes to drop, cause we like to binge.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 05, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, when you watch it, let me know how you liked it. Warning, that family is so creepy just looking at them. And they actually all look like they are related.

I guess they must be very good actors to make me feel so creeped out so fast.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am hooked on Under the Banner of Heaven. Andrew Garfield has to be one of the best young actors around. You can just see his inner struggle with his faith and he crime.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching Candy, produced by and starring Jessica Biel. It's good, as her shows usually are (we also enjoyed The Sinner). Watch for cameos by Justin Timberlake and Jason Ritter playing sheriff's deputies, both unpaid (just doing it for fun cause they wanted to be in it). Of course, Justin is married to Jessica, and Jason is married to Melanie Lynskey, who plays the murder victim. It's a hoot seeing Justin Timberlake with an 80s 'stache and a beer belly. They must have had fun on set.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of Candy. I enjoyed it. I will continure to watch. Interesting story.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I like Candy much better than The Sinner which I thought was slow, dull and without merit. Both shows move slowly and tend to be one note, very monotone in style and development. I think Candy is a bit more interesting regarding story and has a better cast.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, but we LOVED Bill Pullman's performance. So tortured!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Tortured by bad writing, lesser actors and a ridiculous premise. Bill Pullman is an actor I like to watch but The Sinner was a cringe worthy embarrassment IMO.

Although I thought Candy was better it was still subpar. The only interesting characters were played by Melanie Lynskey and the practically cameo appearances by Jason Ritter and Justin Timberlake.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, I am watching Under The Banner Of Heaven. I was so annoyed that I couldn't binge the entire series. I didn't realize it wasn't released all at once, watched a few episodes and now waiting for the rest.

Andrew Garfield is a mesmerizing actor. I saw a clip of his Tony Award winning performance in Angels in America and it was riveting.
There is a quiet strength to his work. Sterling K. Brown has a similar commanding style.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What's interesting to me is I don't know a single person that actually likes the shows being released a little at a time, so I don't get why they do it! And it's not that we don't like it, it's that we actually get annoyed or aggravated with it.... extremely. Yet they still do it. You'd think they'd want to keep paying customers happier than that.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I liked that they did one show a week with Only Murders in the Building. It was fun to think about who might have done it and picking out clues and discussing it with people, and then rewatching the episode to look for clues. It wouldn't have been as much fun watching it all at once.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like to watch them all at once, so if I see that they're only releasing one episode a week, I'll put it in my computer calendar when the series finale airs, and we'll watch it then. We forget a lot of what happens week to week, if we don't watch it all at once.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've started watching Under the Banner of Heaven. We're really enjoying it, but I still can't get all those brothers straight! I know the oldest is Ron, next is Dan . . . and the youngest is Allen. Can't get those ones in the middle figured out. Oh, and Jacob is the mentally disabled one. And now we know why. Ugh.

I started reading the book years ago, but got bogged down in all the Mormon history. We're having more luck with the series, even though some of it is hard to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was just looking at imdb.com to see if I could figure out all the characters on Under the Banner of Heaven, and I just realized that "Dan Lafferty" is being played by Wyatt Russell (Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son). No wonder he looks so familiar! He looks like the perfect cross of Kurt and Goldie!

Also when we were watching last night, the brother Sam who was screaming and ranting at the police station with his eyes bugging out, I told hubby, "I think he's a Culkin. He looks like a Culkin!" Today I found out I was right: he's Rory Culkin. Those Culkin boys are all good actors.