TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through June 18, 2022 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 29, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Uh oh That's a sequel, SFJ. Now I tiptoe out....

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 29, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 30, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oops...you're right, Naja.

Color me "surprised"! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
May the fourth be with you, LOL !!!! Empire of Dreams ... a documentary on NatGeo. I stumbled on it this morning and it is about making the first Star Wars films. It was fabulous and went over some of the backstory of different people leaving the film, directors and writers guilds.

Such a good show, I loved it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo. I'm a huge Star Wars fanatic (I've seen the first six movies at least 20 times each over the years). I will have to go home and look for this on my guide and set my DVR.

May the Fourth be With You.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Lexie girl, I know. I am also watching the movies ... AGAIN ... on TBS.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My son is a HUGE Star Wars fan, since he was 5 years old (he's 21 now). We have every movie on DVD, we have the first three movies on VHS (original versions--he was so thrilled when he found those in a second hand store), and various light sabers, helmets and SW toys. He was Darth Vader for Halloween like 4 years in a row when he was little and was Annikin Skywalker one year (complete with jagged red scar made with a red marker that did not wash off for a long time!). He still watches all the spinoffs and we've seen all the movies.

I used to live in Marin County and had friends who worked at Skywalker Ranch. I dated a guy who worked for Industrial Light and Magic, who actually had a movie credit in a Star Trek movie (ILM did their special affects). Such an interesting company!

What a world George Lucas created. So many rich characters and storylines. He was the first producer to think of licensing products (toys, lunchboxes, costumes, Lego sets, etc) from his movies. It made him a fortune. Then he sold his company to focus on raising his child.

Oh, I stood next to George Lucas once at the Mill Valley Chili Cookoff. It was at the Lucas chili booth. I recognized him immediately, but was too scared/shy to talk to him!

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Just saw an ad for Showtime "The man who fell to earth" a new series or movie. I saw the original movie back in 1970s starring David Bowie. If you get a chance to track this movie down, it is well worth the watch. Can't wait to see how the movie is made in 2022

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maris, I recorded the first few episodes of The Man Who Fell to Earth and then I read the not-so-great reviews of it so I deleted the recordings from my DVR.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie, good to know.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 84%, so it can't be all bad.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Is any one else watching 10%ers on Sundance? It is also streaming on amc+. I am just watch on TV.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested in the limited series on the Watergate break in with Julia Roberts playing Martha Mitchell, a nearly unrecognizable Sean Penn as husband John Mitchell...and so many other outstanding actors. Gaslit is phenomenal. It's on Starz.

"A modern take on the 1970s political Watergate scandal centering on untold stories and forgotten characters of the time"

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I just finished Gaslit. I thought it was great. So much I had forgotten or wasn't aware of the first time around.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am watching The Man Who Fell From the Sky currently, on demand and recording shows as they air. Not sure I'm paying enough attention to detail (I feel like I need SanFran style analysis to help.. but it is interesting and I like some of the characters.

Also caught up to current on The First Lady and enjoy that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first 3 episodes of The Old Man on FX.

"Based on the bestselling novel of the same name by Thomas Perry, The Old Man stars Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow and Amy Brenneman. The Old Man centers on Dan Chase (Jeff Bridges) who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past"

Bridges is just phenomenal. He does his own stunts it seems. I read that he "nearly died during the production of this series from a combination of Covid and lymphoma, which landed him in the hospital for six weeks and, as he told the Hollywood Reporter, left him unable to stand for more than 45 seconds at a time"

You will recognize a few other excellent actors in this limited series. If you love action thriller intrigue you will be quite satisfied with this series.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I'm really liking "The Old Man" as well. I'm halfway through the second episode. Jeff has been doing all the talk shows this week and he's been talking about how sick he was and that it was seriously touch and go for awhile.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am one of those people that if I don't understand what's going on right away I think I missed something. Was doing that a lot in the first episode lol. You just have to let everything unfold in it's own time.

That fight scene could have been a smidge shorter.. I was exhausted by the end. Don't know how Jeff Bridges did it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, how do you have three episodes of The Old Man? My DVR recorded only two!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Unless SinceBB1 is a previewer, there's only 2 eps. I know previewers get the first 3 eps.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We watched the first episode last night. So good! Something my husband will actually watch with me.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sorry for the confusion...I am not a previewer...but watched with someone that had access.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Whew... I thought my DVR screwed up and didn't record the third episode

I will say this... it is SLOOOOOOW. I'm going to try to stick with it since there isn't much on during the summer.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It does start off slow. But don't worry.. pretty soon it starts rolling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so funny. I thought it was pretty fast and action packed.