TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through May 24, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Snoops, I didn't get the LUNDY.. in our zoom chat today at the end Mame and I chatted a bit about the finale and she mentioned the LUNDY. I saw the dad cup and the painting. I missed the Terrible Towel but read about that.

But at the very end (and I have not read Color's three links yet) when Rebecca went into the caboose to the room with the bed.. I say that room was the same room that was the motel room where Jack and Rebecca stayed when they drove to Hollywood on their third date.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glad he is ok with this... I am still not ok.

https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/this-is-us-season-6-episode-17-ending-explained-jon-huertas

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read an analysis of the show talking about why Miguel was not more prominent on the train. It had to do with the impact of Alzheimer’s disease. With Alzheimer’s, your past memories are stronger than current. So, the Miguel portion of Rebecca’s memory may have been gone by the time she died. When you look at Rebecca’s age on the train, she was the age of when she was with Jack.
I wish I could find the article again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I found it!
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a40034247/this-is-us-season-6-train-episode-rebecca-miguel-fan-reaction/

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
one thing missing that could have made it perfect - if Jack had the baby with him....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Legal, that would have been a true gut-punch. Not enough tissues in the world...

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Legal, that would have been perfect. Would have closed the circle. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm surprised the writers didn't think of it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That would have been the time -- on the train. Maybe somehow on Tuesday??

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Excellent point Legal!! Can’t believe the loss of the baby was never a bigger storyline. I know it was in one of the earlier storylines, but you’d think both Rebecca and Jack (and maybe the big 3) would think about that baby from time to time.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I disagree, I think adding the lost babe to the mix, especially this late in the game would have been a bad idea.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think it's too late for the baby storyline.

But I want to think of it this way:
All the people on the train were there to greet Rebecca and send her on their way. Jack was the last person and he was going to take her to her final destination where the baby and all the others in the past are waiting for her!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
If Kyle hadn’t died in the pilot we wouldn’t have Randall in the family…the baby and his death has always been part of the storyline even if not always mentioned.

My aunt lost one of her twins, Toby, at age 5 due to complications in surgery. I was only one year old at the time…over 45 years ago. I don’t think Toby’s name has been said 10 times in all my life. But he has always been “there”…looking at his twin, my cousin David, or being around my other cousin Marco who was born years later and never knew Toby….he never has been forgotten even if never mentioned.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
My aunt lost a child, Charmaine, who was just a baby, too. I think less than one years old. Never was that baby mentioned to us kids.

We all knew Charmaine existed as we had seen pictures of her. Interestingly, she looked exactly like the next baby in the same family. When looking back at baby pictures, you couldn't even tell who you were looking at.

It's all so sad, but rarely do you even see mothers mentioning their lost child. It's so painful.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Stratty, I love they way you thought out how the storyline would go. It's perfect!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Pamy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Still haven't watched the last two episodes yet (I recorded them). Think I'm gonna wait and binge the last three. I'm in denial about this show being over. 😭

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have watched the past two episodes and will watch this Tuesday. There's been a couple streaming series I waited quite a while to watch the last episode. Series never ended until I did. Nothing as special in the way This Is Us is -- just really liked them. One was Treme.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Treme was a good one. I didn't want Parenthood to end. Heck, I didn't want Northern Exposure to end. I agree that this show has been extra special.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am glad that Good Housekeeping agreed with me

I posted on May 18

quote:

Me too.. But I guess at her age on the train it was going to be Jack.

And sadly with some Alzheimer's situations the memories left are the older ones, leaving some really important people unrecognised.

I guess that is why she saw a younger Miguel?

But that still would be sad for Miguel and everyone who is forgotten in that way.

And they also showed recently that Rebecca would at times think Kevin was Jack, so she was living back and forth in past and present.

She also saw others as younger, while on the train . The doctor, pretty much everyone. And Miguel looked to be the age he was when Jack and Rebecca met and married. He did look great!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I repeat, but when Rebecca entered that room it looked to me like the motel room where she and Jack stayed on their third date roadtrip to Hollywood, so she was seeing Jack as he was before they got married, even.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Plus she was seeing herself as young too.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope I can be younger when I am in heaven!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not uncommon. People will become agitated and say they have to get to work. Or to school. Best to just reflect, "Oh, it is Saturday; you have the day off. Let's go for a walk."

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was reading on a Dementia website on Facebook, where they were complaining that This Is Us glossed over a lot of the Alz stuff. Not telling even half of what caregivers go through. Duh. I knew they wouldn't show all of the nitty gritty bad stuff.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The story really wasn’t about the caregivers. It’s about Rebecca. Also, Kevin had resources available that most caregivers would not have available to them. So, it would be apples and oranges.
As someone who helped care for my dad during his decline into dementia, I knew this going in that it was different. I never thought they would show the diapers and poop everywhere that might occur during the decline, as it happened in my dads case.