TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Star Trek Picard: Archive through March 04, 2022 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, here is some timeline information for you. I don't know if you already knew this or not, but it surprised me!

I don't think I read this whole article, I searched and found the exact answer I was looking for and then just stopped looking. That's the ONLY way to escape this show it seems...

<snip>

"One interesting point is the difference between the age of Picard on the show and the age of the actor, Patrick Stewart. TNG debuted in 1987, when Patrick Stewart was 47. It takes place in the fictional year 2364 (Jean-Luc Picard was born in 2305). So in 1987, a 47-year-old actor was playing a 59-year-old starship captain. Today in 2019, a 78-year-old actor will be playing a Starfleet Admiral who is ~94, given that Picard is set in the closing days of the 25th century."

<snip>

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/291940-first-trailer-arrives-for-upcoming-star-trek-picard-on-cbs

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That might be why Picard looks older here than Patrick Stewart does in interviews. I think they might have tried to make him look older, either that or he has a good make up artist for live appearances ;).

In the old ST:TNG shows I saw today I could really see how young he was. From my memory he was old right from the start, but of course I was a teenager when TNG started, so 47 was OLD for me then,

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A few weeks of almost filler episodes, and now this.

Lots of info. The Romulan secret secret police started the attack 14 years ago that was blamed on synthetics. The glowing table thing showed them about an attack by/because of synthetics from 1000s of years ago??? There are lots of Sojis, and she has brothers. I think I'm going to have to watch it again.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Kitt...I feel the same way. I was rewinding going,"What?!!!"

I have been saving all the episodes as i think I may marathon watch them once this season is done and we have the long wait for season 2.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Next week is the season finale already!

Just when it is getting interesting!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was fun seeing Brent Spiner again as a literal son of Soong! But they said that was where Dahj and Soji came from, yet all the others seemed to be earlier models, with the silver or gold skin like Data.

And they continue to make me happy by having so many accents. The twin girls (one of which ended up with the brooch in her eye) have accents very close to where I come from.

I didn't understand why the one who looked like Soji let Narek out. But I guess the mystery is the point.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, March 21, 2020 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I too liked seeing Brent Spiner!!

I think the one who looked like Soji let Narek out to fuel her speech to the other synthetics. I think she stabbed the other one in the eye, not him. This way it looks like an 'organic' did it and it fuels her charge to get rid of all organics.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 21, 2020 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I think so too Miz.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, that happened. Amazing season finale. I won't say anything more.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I still haven't seen all the episodes but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far so I'm happy to hear that the season finale is great. I can't believe the amount of grief directed at this series by fans outside of TVCH. I know Star Trek fans are hard to please but that is crazy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I forgot it was Thursday already! Can't wait!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

I actually thought part of it might happen a few episodes ago, but of course I didn't see the work around.

My first question is... is Harry Treadaway in season 2? Because

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I loved last nights episode! Made me tear up twice!!!

Season 2 is going to be GREAT!!! Love the crew!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
IT WAS AMAZEBALLS!!! A rare episode that could have been a standalone movie. Yes, it was that good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just got to watching the Picard extra show (with Wil Wheaton) for the last two episodes, and the creator explains how the synth colony started. Just going to write what he says here, as I know at some point I'm going to be asking myself about it as I've forgotten...

so the synth society on Coppelius originated from a single neuron that was smuggled out of Daystrom by Bruce Maddox the day of the synthetic ban. He then hooked up with Soong and together they went to this world which was pretty much off the beaten path and began reconstructing by a process called fractalneuronic cloning. From there they created the first synths and then the synths began creating other synths so it is a world whose population is purely synthetic, except for Soong who is the sole surviving organic there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt I did'nt know about the 2 Wil Wheaton extra eps. My pvr didn't catch them. Any idea where I can find 'em?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're on CBS All Access, one for each show this season. We finally signed up to it because of Picard, but that doesn't help you in Canada. The show is called "The Ready Room," looks like a random user might have sneakily uploaded them to youtube. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll send you the links.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Are these the shows on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/watch/StarTrek/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Those are a mix of Discovery and Picard after shows. If you are specifically looking for the Picard ones, look for the ones titled The Ready Room.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 2 looks so good!!! Starts March 3rd, trailer in the tweet:

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1484589505755582465

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Available today!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I mentioned in the Paramount Plus thread that I've heard good things about the first episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Excellent! The trailer looked good.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I certainly enjoyed it. Didn't like the first season at all. So I'm relieved this was so good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd forgotten so much of last season and there was no "previously on!" Luckily I don't think we had to remember too much.

The cliffhanger made me realise how different things are from TNG, when almost every episode was a single story, a few double episodes but no long arcs. And then with this it seems like it's a "Q episode" that will be spread over a season.

I like how they aged Q. Patrick Stewart is 82 this year and it does show. They even gave an excuse for Guinan to appear older although she hadn't changed as much as the others.